@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

You better, you better, you bet...

(who)

Huh? Smile
ossobuco

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 10:51 pm
@Foxfyre,
I'm not sure you get the simplicities yet, Owls. I am still catching on. Anyway,

If you want to get someone out of your list, you go to PLAYER, and then click on type of player, say, Kicker, or whatever the word for kicker is, and then Go. You may find someone you prefer for your team, in which case you click on the small white square, and the bot asks you this and that. I didn't understand waivers for several weeks when I signed up for F. Baseball.

That's fairly simple though sounding complex. Pick someone in the pile of players and one or the other may be on waiver. Just say.. and list whom you'd dump for that person. Then wait, it may come true, or not. In the baseball arena, it mostly does.
jespah

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 04:06 am
@ossobuco,
That's it. You can always pick from the pile of unchosen guys, but someone else may have their eye on the same guy. If that other owner gets in first, or if that owner picked as #1 vs. your #2 (I'll explain that in a second), the other owner will get the player.

What I mean by #1 vs. #2 has nothing to do with the draft. What it means is, if you decide you need three guys, say, Moe, Larry and Curly, you go in and click on their names to add them to your roster (at the same time, you also have to dump three guys on your team unless you're replacing someone who's injured). Let's say you click to add them in this order:
  1. Moe
  2. Larry
  3. Curly

If no one else wants them, you'll get them. But if I also pick Larry, and he's my only waiver selection right now, he's, by default, my #1 pick. Between the two of us, I will win him because he's my #1 pick and he's your #2 pick.

Because of this, it pays to not do wholesale changes at any one time unless you're sure that the player isn't desired by anyone else (and then it tends to hardly be worth it to grab a particular player). What I'm saying is, unless your team bus overturned, or they're all out with the flu, it's best to pull guys from waivers one at a time, if you can.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2008 01:06 pm
Famous last words from Bad Beers to the "Necks: "You're 14 points behind. You need a big night from (GB QB Aaron) Rodgers. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha ha."
Rodgers gets 20 FP's.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2008 08:25 am
@realjohnboy,
Bad Beers next comments: I ate my words for breakfast this morning... what did you have?
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:19 am
Last minute decisions.
Put Palmer back in.(his home opener, Jackson nursing an injury)
Benched Cooley for Olsen.
Swapped Detroits Grant for Green Bays Smith.(I'm currently watching Detroits home opener against the Packers. )
Flip of a coin.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:24 am
Brandon Marshall is off suspension (again) and I put him back in the Owls lineup. Otherwise, I'm riding it out with my original starters. I did (prudently) dump Vince Young and replaced him entirely in case I should need a backup quarterback.
realjohnboy

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 11:56 am
@alex240101,
Did you make the corrections, Alex, damn it, to your A2K NFL game picks? Huh? Didja?
alex240101

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 05:16 pm
@realjohnboy,
The Detroit Lions had their first lead of the season late in the fourth. Four minutes later, Kitna throws back to back to back interceptions for touchdowns.
alex240101

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 05:26 pm
@alex240101,
Foxfyre. How many points did your Green Bay defense rack up anyway?
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 05:34 pm
@alex240101,
How do you look back one week?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:23 pm
@alex240101,
GB def. got 23 points for her.
Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:25 pm
@Foxfyre,
And btw, Foxy ... I'm still ready to take Marshall off your hands if you're tired of him.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:26 pm
@Ticomaya,
How do you look that up? Do you have Stattracker?
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:28 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

And btw, Foxy ... I'm still ready to take Marshall off your hands if you're tired of him.

No not yet. Smile He did really good today huh? Franchise record for caught passes or something like that. If I can just keep him sober, he'll make me some points.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 09:40 pm
@Foxfyre,
I like stattraker, however you spell it. I went without for a while in the baseball version of this and felt bereft. I guess you can easily get all the info elsewhere, but.. I like it.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes, I do. The other way would be to add up the points ...

Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

... but that is tedious and time-consuming.
Foxfyre

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:14 pm
@Ticomaya,
Sigh. Let's see. 2 cantaloupe or stattracker? A chuck roast or stattracker? Oh I can probably afford both. I almost signed up for it tonight and then chickened out. But since the rest of you seem to be enjoying it, I guess it is a good investment for entertainment purposes.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2008 10:20 pm
@Foxfyre,
You're right about the price of fruit..
0 Replies