Fantasty Football 2008

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 11:27 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:

Yes, and I can't tell you how thrilled El Stud is to have to play her again after she beat him badly this weekend. Smile

No offense Fox, but I'm cheering for Wazzoo this week; I don't want to play your team again. Scary good players.

Interestingly enough, last year, I got really soured on WRs in fantasy leagues. I kept having great players who didn't deliver week after week (most notably mr. Ocho Cinco). This year I wanted to focus more on RBs, who it seems are more consistent.

So what happens? I get LT and he has an off year, Willis McGahee who has been hurt the entire season - and three of the top 6 WRs in the league Laughing

Cycloptichorn
jespah

Reply Wed 10 Dec, 2008 04:38 pm
@ElStudHoncho,
Thank ya. May the best mammals win.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:58 am
All points bulletin to JP, our great league manager: No posts since Nov. Where are you JP? Everything okay?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:59 am
@Foxfyre,
He was writing in the politics threads a while back, and he's making changes on his team, so he's been around some at least.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 11:00 am
@Cycloptichorn,
That's okay. I would root for Wazoo too if I wasn't me. Since I am me, however. . . .

So I'm hoping the owls fly, but if not, it has sure been a fun ride.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 02:43 pm
Brandon Jacobs is out. I'm doomed.
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:16 pm
@George,
My empathies George.

I was trying to hire a back up tight end for the remainder of the playoffs and, like an idiot, clicked on Owen Daniels instead of the intended victim to dump. And of course at this point, I couldn't get him back and he was picked up immediately. He hasn't been that productive lately but it was a dumb move just the same. He'll probably score 40 points the next three games. Smile

So of course my current tight end, who is predicted to get at least some looks when Westbrook isn't open and also Westbrook are both banged up and listed as probable for Sunday.

We'll see how it goes, but as I said, it has been a fun ride whatever.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Ironic that Daniels was snatched up by your opponent Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 04:44 pm
I note that projected fantasy points this week are quite a bit higher than typical: Wazoo (103), Owls and Puppies (102), Rednecks (96), Tico (92), Gerbils and Cyclo (90) and Calgary (79).
I think some of us are fixing for a fall.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 06:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
Well, it IS the playoffs, supposedly these are the best teams in the league.

My average for the season has been about 82 points, not bad.

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:14 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Through 14 weeks, Wazoo and the the Owls have averaged 89 points a week. Tico is at 87. Those of the rest of us in the playoffs are in the low 80's to high 70's.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:27 pm
@realjohnboy,
Who is the highest scoring fantasy player this year?

Unsurpisingly, a QB, Drew Brees, with 258 points.

Cycloptichorn
realjohnboy

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:46 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Not surprising that it is a QB. But it seems to me, Cyclo, that the game has changed a bit this year. Teams are relying less on passing. More plays (and more fantasy points) are going to RB's versus QB's and WR's. Some of yall who follow NFL will surely know more.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 13 Dec, 2008 10:59 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Not surprising that it is a QB. But it seems to me, Cyclo, that the game has changed a bit this year. Teams are relying less on passing. More plays (and more fantasy points) are going to RB's versus QB's and WR's. Some of yall who follow NFL will surely know more.

I couldn't say about that part, but my WRs have carried my team this year and my RBs have struggled. However players such as Tennessee and Carolina's RBs are just killing it.

I guess you're correct - Delhomme is getting less td's for me b/c DeAngelo Williams is getting the job done so well. Frustrating.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 11:16 am
On to the semis for me.

The matchup to watch tonight, (2) The Grand Wazoo vs. (7) Night Owls.

Can Westbrook score two touchdowns? That's what Fox will need, to win.

Cycloptichorn
fbaezer

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:11 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
As I imagined (but not desired), players seeded in spots 1, 3 & 4 have made it to the semis, while I'm stuck with the toughest matchup (plus my mistake of benching Lynch and not Ronnie Brown).

On the bright side... If Phillie shows a good defense today, the Owls will need a monster performance by Westbrook (and/or Smith).
Both things may happen. Cleveland hasn't scored a TD in the last 3 games, and the Browns' defense against the rush ranks 28th in the league.
It will be exciting.

[on another league semis match-up, I'm ahead, but my rival has McNabb, so I really hope it's a good defensive game: Eagles 14-0, both TDs made by the defense]
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 08:39 am
Well Westbrook didn't score any touchdowns--virtually no opportunity to do so. Smith was thrown three touchdown passes but didn't catch any of them. The Philly defense was awesome. Result: One of the Owls worst performances of the season and a good effort from the Wazoo. (And after all that Wazoo whining too.) I curtsey to the master.

So we're down to the final four: Gerbils, Wazoo, Tico, and Cyclop. May the best character, er team, win.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 10:44 am
Big game tonight, anyone going to watch?

Cycloptichorn
Foxfyre

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 10:52 am
I live with one of the most fanatical (and faithful) Cowboy fans who ever lived. Will we not watch? Yeah sure, uh huh.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2008 01:48 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Going to the Suns game. I have to sit Barber anyway. Dammit.
0 Replies