Fantasty Football 2008

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:15 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
Tico added a 14th team.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:15 pm
@jpinMilwaukee,
Alright... I can reset it to next weekend, or set it to an autodraft pick. Let me know. Also, I think I need to set it to rotisserie scoring due to the odd number or find a fourteenth player.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:18 pm
@jespah,
Alright... 14 players!

Now, does next weekend work for everyone?
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:19 pm
I won't be around for a draft next weekend; I'm quite sure, but don't let me stand in the way as I already have my picks lined up.
jpinMilwaukee

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2008 04:38 pm
@jespah,
Draft time changed to Friday the 29th, 830 pm CST.

Sorry for all the mix up. If nobody can make it, I'll just change it to autopick to make it fair for everyone. I can still change the time, so if another time works better for everyone, let me know.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 06:08 am
@jpinMilwaukee,
I can make that! I came in this AM wondering what my team was going to look like and found out the draft hadn't happened yet.

yay!
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:28 pm
Do you suppose I can learn enough to make at least some picks by Friday night? You talk about a novice, I bet all of you know more about how to do this than I do. But there will be a way to trade players after the draft if the computer assigns me a dud or two?
Ticomaya

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:45 pm
@Foxfyre,
Yes! Trading is encouraged.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2008 08:55 pm
And again, assuming I can figure out how to pick some players, I can pick three or four that I would really like to try for and then the computer will assign me the rest? Or do I have to pick all or none?

Oh by the way, Tico, I was just advised that the Fighting Gerbils have signed on to nip the toes of the Ticomaniacs. Smile
jespah

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:23 am
@Foxfyre,
The computer will fill in if you only put a few players on your Predraft player rankings.

Draft central>predraft player rankings>click view all>click edit my rankings>move from list of players to the right if you want 'em, left if you don't. If there's a player you want who's not listed, go to show and select ALL, then go, or filter if you know things like position. Finished? Click save, then click done.

Complicated but that's Yahoo. But then you'll be set. You can do this any time before the draft and need not be around for the actual draft.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 12:30 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
the Fighting Gerbils have signed on

Awright! We are up to 14. Head-to-Head survives. I don't know what Rotisserie is, but I know it made some teams here, with animals in their nicknames, very nervous.
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 02:04 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Awright! We are up to 14. Head-to-Head survives. I don't know what Rotisserie is, but I know it made some teams here, with animals in their nicknames, very nervous.

Hmmm. Can I declare my owls to be spotted and therefore protected? (Even if they have been observed nesting in K-Mart signs?)
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 02:08 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

The computer will fill in if you only put a few players on your Predraft player rankings.

Draft central>predraft player rankings>click view all>click edit my rankings>move from list of players to the right if you want 'em, left if you don't. If there's a player you want who's not listed, go to show and select ALL, then go, or filter if you know things like position. Finished? Click save, then click done.

Complicated but that's Yahoo. But then you'll be set. You can do this any time before the draft and need not be around for the actual draft.

Thank Jes. May be too complicated for my first time out doing this, and the computer may do a better job than I can anyway even if I do figure it all out by draft time. Smile
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 04:28 pm
@Foxfyre,
Fox, JP has scheduled this for 9:30 ET which is bumping into my bedtime. I have laid out my picks for the first 2 or 3 rounds but then I will let the computer do the rest. I have done enough research to know that there are a few "sleepers" who may be available in later rounds.
In all honesty, you could probably let the computer do all of your picking for you and come out just as well as anyone else.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 06:23 pm
@Foxfyre,
I tend to throw darts. It's all good. Smile
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 08:27 pm
@Foxfyre,
I'll be pulling squished gerbil from between my toes all year!

Glad to have the Honcho aboard!
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 09:02 pm
@Ticomaya,
Glad Honcho has signed up. Beware, Oh Honcho...

Fox, I've labored over my list of choices and assume that the random pick will be smarter.. for me it is all a combo of learning and camaraderie., unless of course I win, and then you can all come on vacation with me to... where? Mulls, Padova, I'd like to check out Padova.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 10:51 pm
Okay, looking for Padova on the free standing globe in the office. Haven't found it yet.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:05 pm
@Foxfyre,
Padua, near Venice, Italy. My italian teacher was from there, and they have a piazza or two or three I need to see. Plus the church and university.
Forgive me, I'm piazza crazy.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2008 11:11 pm
@ossobuco,
Fbaezer will corroborate this with a coldly discerning eye.
0 Replies