Fantasty Football 2008

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 03:29 pm
Thank Jeebus. I got LT. For the last two years, nothing but shitty running backs. Finally.

Now to work on the rest of em, lol...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 04:06 pm
@realjohnboy,
Wonder what Marshall did? I try to keep these boys on the straight and narrow but you buy them books and send them to school, but I guess I'll just bench him for one week and give him another chance. If he gets suspended again though, its the woodshed for him
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:05 pm
Help!!!

I have a wide receiver playing tonight, and inserted him in my line up. He is arguably as capable as the fellow he replaced so I'm not concerned right this minute about that. What I do wonder, is... come Sunday, can I put the other fellow I've just put on the bench back in the lineup? Or am I stuck with the three folks for the week? (I tried to google about this, to no immediate avail.)
Rockhead

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:08 pm
One can rotate in or out any player who has yet to play in a given week, till 10 minutes of kickoff...
ossobuco

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 05:12 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh, good! Thanks a lot.
0 Replies

Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 09:49 pm
So what's the protocol here. I have been offered one trade by one player--s/he knows who s/he is since s/he is the only one. I can only say that it was not me who wanted the offered QB and I really REALLY like the RB I have (if he stays out of trouble) so I need to respectfully decline the offer and don't know how.

Are these things confidential? Or can we discuss names etc. here?
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:01 pm
@Foxfyre,
I don't know, I've never done a trade. I do know, if one gets to be in process, we are all informed and given a chance to say no - or maybe it's just comment - on it (another matter I don't understand) - at least that's the way it is in fantasy baseball.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 10:17 pm
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
So what's the protocol here. I have been offered one trade by one player--s/he knows who s/he is since s/he is the only one. I can only say that it was not me who wanted the offered QB and I really REALLY like the RB I have (if he stays out of trouble) so I need to respectfully decline the offer and don't know how.

I don't think there are any rules regarding it, but if I offered you a trade -- and I seem to be involved in my fair share of them -- I would not want the negotiations to be preemptively discussed. So ... I'd not say anything until it's a done deal, at which point there will be an email sent to all owners.

If the trade has been officially offered through Yahoo, decline the trade by not accepting it. (There's a button for that.)

Now, that being said ... if you are considering trading Westbrook, I'd be interested in chatting with you.
Foxfyre

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2008 11:46 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Foxfyre wrote:

I don't think there are any rules regarding it, but if I offered you a trade -- and I seem to be involved in my fair share of them -- I would not want the negotiations to be preemptively discussed. So ... I'd not say anything until it's a done deal, at which point there will be an email sent to all owners.

If the trade has been officially offered through Yahoo, decline the trade by not accepting it. (There's a button for that.)

Now, that being said ... if you are considering trading Westbrook, I'd be interested in chatting with you.

LOL, well when you see a small pig flying we might discuss that. Smile
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:01 am
@Foxfyre,
Foxfyre wrote:
LOL, well when you see a small pig flying we might discuss that. Smile

Let's talk ....
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6813/flyingpigdb6.jpg
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:04 am
(Posted this on the Yahoo site)

SCORING:

In an effort to keep us on our toes, JP has changed the scoring system this year. Receivers/Runners get 1 point every 10 yards (was 20 yards last year). And QB's get a point for every 25 yards passing (was 50 last year).

Passing TDs are only worth 4 points. Rushing/Receiving TDs are still 6 points.

RETURN TDs are now also worth 6 points. This obviously makes punt/kickoff returners more valuable this year. (Wonder who drafted Devon Hester ... oh, yeah -- JP.) This is why it pays to look at the scoring settings PRIOR to the draft.

Defensive scoring appears unchanged.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:09 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Help!!!

I have a wide receiver playing tonight, and inserted him in my line up. He is arguably as capable as the fellow he replaced so I'm not concerned right this minute about that. What I do wonder, is... come Sunday, can I put the other fellow I've just put on the bench back in the lineup? Or am I stuck with the three folks for the week? (I tried to google about this, to no immediate avail.)

rockhead wrote:

One can rotate in or out any player who has yet to play in a given week, till 10 minutes of kickoff..."

THAT isn't looking to be true, unless it changes on Sunday.

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 08:15 am
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:
THAT isn't looking to be true, unless it changes on Sunday.

It is true, osso.

For clarity's sake, you are stuck with Toomer and Randle El's stats from last night, but you can replace Colston with Mason or Burleson if you wish.
alex240101

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:39 am
O.k, the season has begun. No worrys.
........huh...
"Carson Palmer(nose) is probable for Sundays game"...probable....what?
"Reggie Brown(knee) status is uncertain."....you got to be kidding me.
Meanwhile, the turfmonkeys have taken a thirteen to zilch lead on me....
No worrys.....

Bengals announced Thursday, Sept. 4, that they have begun "the process of listing the former Chad Johnson as Chad Ocho Cinco for all club business, per the legal change of his surname effected in Florida. The list of appropriate changes will include Ocho Cinco wearing his new surname on the back of his jersey for Sunday's season opener at Baltimore."

.....gulp
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 12:06 pm
@Ticomaya,
Passing TD's worth less? Rushing TDs worth the same? Extra points for 10 yards rushing, instead of 20?

LT is looking better and better all the time!!!

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 12:14 pm
@Ticomaya,
Well, my question had been would I be stuck with them... meaning my Thursday guys.
I guess I wasn't clear enough, since I did say 'all three'. Damn. So much for Derrick Mason and Burleson in a non Colston WR spots.
Good way to learn, though..
and, thanks.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 12:58 pm
@alex240101,
alex240101 wrote:
O.k, the season has begun. No worrys.
........huh...
"Carson Palmer(nose) is probable for Sundays game"...probable....what?
"Reggie Brown(knee) status is uncertain."....you got to be kidding me.
Meanwhile, the turfmonkeys have taken a thirteen to zilch lead on me....
No worrys.....

.....gulp

A "P" is much more palatable than a "Q", Alex. Palmer will most likely play. Check your roster on Sunday prior to game time to see if he is a starter.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 04:54 pm
Does anyone know if Yahoo's 'projected scores' are based on the old scoring scheme, or our new one?

Cycloptichorn
Ticomaya

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:04 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Gotta be the old, cyclops.
jespah

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 09:32 pm
@Foxfyre,
I'd just decline the trade using the button on yahoo and possibly send the person an email (most emails are in the League>Managers tab).