Recommendations for Lodging in the DC Area?

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 07:22 am
A friend is heading out to DC in a few weeks. He's asking my for lodging info. The last time I stayed there, we stayed in the Westin Embassy Row, on the house (where Al Gore grew up).
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 732 • Replies: 3
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 07:27 am
We were there for a wedding, and a huge flower arrangement had been purchased and placed in the hallway which was used as a reception area before dinner. The next day, I took it and moved it to the floor where most of the people in the party were staying. Hotel Security took their video of me "stealing" the arrangement to the folks paying for the party, wondering if they could identify the thief.

Apparently the florist wanted the "vase" back, which was a huge plastic thing worth a few dollars (and they probably would have reused the flowers too).

It was good for a laugh.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 07:50 am
i always go through priceline, and had good luck with the area around the white house (you specify an area in priceline - like 'dupont circle' or 'white house' etc.) last time, i landed in sheraton for $60 a night. Sweet!
but you don't get to choose a hotel. you pay first and they tell you where you go, so that only works if they are flexible enough.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 07:56 am
Thanks for the info, that was my suggestion too - priceline.
0 Replies