NOTICEABLE MOVIE GOOFS

wandeljw

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:23 pm
@farmerman,
You are taking it too hard. Here is something else: Donald Duck never wore pants!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:25 pm
@farmerman,
Disney was an "artist," and that's how he began his career. But when he got rolling, he set up on the Hollywood studio model, with a "stable" of artists and animators. Disney himself began his "art" career as the cartoonist for his high school newspaper. For whatever anyone may allege against him on the basis of taste, he was a genius for turning animation into an entertainment form as popular and lucrative as Hollywood movies. The studios got into the animation game when they saw Disney raking it in. He has been charged with stiffling creativity, but he was out to sell movies, so that is the just the cant of disappointed "artists" railing against the reality of the business world, which doesn't care about their credentials, only their "sale-ability." Fantasia was pretty radical a notion for popular animation, even if the animation itself was formulaic. I suspect he was a relatively nice guy who was also a sharp businessman.
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I redug thi thread up because Monday Evening I noticed that they are
re-releasing BAMBI. I never ever before noticed that Bambi was a white
tail deer but his father was an ELK.

Thumper's father was a Rotarian, but I think they left that out.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 02:06 pm
@George,
I still can't believe that farmerman is upset about this. Does he think that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences is a REAL academy?
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 03:11 pm
@wandeljw,
Willis Pyle was the illustrator for Bambi. He was the kid in charge . Disney wasnt much of an artist and he admitted that he reached the end of his skills with Steamboat WIllie.

PS wandel, this is a thread about calling attention to movie goofs. Like the socks and loafers on Peter Ustinov in one of those Bible epics.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 03:53 pm
@farmerman,
Now there's a guy I miss, Ustinov.
I missed the loafers business, very funny.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 09:13 am
The old Tarzan movies used the background sound of Kookaburras calling to suggest the wildness of the African jungle. Kookaburras, however, are only found in Australia and New Zealand.
0 Replies