NOTICEABLE MOVIE GOOFS

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:29 am
Shapeless wrote:
It's silly, but one goof that's always bugged me is the scene in Roxanne where Steve Martin is challenged to tell 20 jokes. At one point he asks the crowd, "How many is that?" and someone responds "14!" By that point, however, he's already told 19. He goes on to tell another 6. I guess the director wasn't expecting the audience to actually keep count.

Or....... that in itself was a joke.

I know that scene.. I remember thinking the same thing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:36 am
You often see failures of continuity. In Fatal Attraction, Michael Douglas is standing at the bedside of Glenn Close, speaking to her. She is sitting up, with her arms laid at the sides, and the sheet is pulled up to her waist--her breasts are visible. The camera comes in close, switches to Douglas as he speaks, and the back to Close--whose breasts are now covered, although she is otherwise in exactly the same position, with her arms at her sides. In real life, she would not have had time to have pulled the sheet up above her bust, and to have put her arms back in the same position. It was painfully obvious that the scene was shot in two or more sessions, and a gross failure of continuity had occurred. In fact, the second time i watched that film, which was also in the theater, when that scene came up, a woman in the back of the theater called out: "CUT! Continuity . . ."
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:38 am
Oh, and the most obvious . . . all those Westerns where the hero is running around with a Colt .45 50,000-shooter . . . never worry about a reload again ! ! !
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 06:50 am
I was just watching a movie last night thinking about this!
In The Departed, the scene where Frank is grilling Bill about being a cop, he takes off his entire cast. Then after he's done beating his hand, the camera cuts back to Frank holding Bills arm and there is partial cast on.

Also, when he tosses the money down,when the camera comes back to Bill, the money is gone.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:15 am
Dunno if this properly qualifies as a goof, but there's that classic scene in the Goonies where Andy has to play the bone-organ in order to save the group from mortal peril. She warns them that it's been years since she's played music; looking at the score, she nervously says, "I can't tell if that's an A-sharp or a B-flat!" A-sharp and B-flat are the same note, and the same key on a keyboard, so it wouldn't have mattered.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:16 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Or....... that in itself was a joke.

Possibly... but if so, I don't get the joke.

If I were a betting man I'd say that Steve Martin simply came up with 25 great jokes and the director just couldn't help but keep them all in.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:50 am
Casting Adam Sandler -- that's a movie goof.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:45 pm
I remember a scene in 'El Cid' where he was riding along a beach reviewing his army. Way in the distance, where the beach curved off to a headland there is something like a semi-trailer driving along a road.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:49 pm
The requisite John Wayne location usually involved Monument Valley and often you could see a shack or some Navajos just standing in the background. Next time you see the Searchers, just look for the continuity goofs and location "extras" in the Mon Valley shots
0 Replies

parados

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 10:54 am
Apocolypto -

There is a full eclipse of the sun and within 2 nights a full moon shines down from the night sky.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
There's a scene with a car visible in the background in one of the Lord of the Rings movies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 11:32 am
http://www.moviemistakes.com/best_other.php

I like number 18. Terminators apparently don't use spellcheck.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 09:11 am
http://imacynic.personal.asu.edu/resized/sweethomechicago144copy.jpg

There is a website that shows goofs in the new Batman movie. Chicago was used to film Gotham City. I see many of the sights in the film everyday.

In the above photo, Heath Ledger as The Joker is shooting at Batman in front of a shop called "Sweet Home Chicago" (on LaSalle Street). Other filming locations in Chicago had "Gotham City" superimposed on the signs.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 05:42 am
I redug thi thread up because Monday Evening I noticed that they are re-releasing BAMBI. I never ever before noticed that Bambi was a white tail deer but his father was an ELK.
Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 07:29 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I never ever before noticed that Bambi was a white tail deer but his father was an ELK.

So?

So what--are you some kind of cervid racist ? ! ? ! ?
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 08:44 am
@Setanta,
Its such a blatant **** up, I am amazed I never saw this before.
wandeljw

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:04 am
@farmerman,
Maybe Bambi's mother didn't want it to be known who Bambi's real father was.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 10:47 am
Well, i was spared. I've never seen that motion picture.
farmerman

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 11:55 am
@Setanta,
Bmbi was one of the Disney movies that Walt Disney was involved in production. Idont think he was an artist but maybe, as the head muhaffeh he exercized control over output.
If you see the commercial about Bambis re-release on Bluray, just watch the scene showing Bambi running alongside his father. The poor little bastard. His mamma was such a ho.
I dont even know whether deers and elks can interbreed to a successful term.
edgarblythe

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 01:15 pm
I always wondered how that round headed little guy was gonna be able to grow up looking like his father.
0 Replies