Wealth: Dems v. GOP

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:58 pm
Which party members have the most personal wealth the GOP are the Ds?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 786 • Replies: 9
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:06 pm
Better question, where does the money come from??

In the case of the dems, you have a party claiming to represent the common man yet their money comes mainly from govt. worker unions, most notably the NEA, and from the trial lawyers' guild i.e. from two groups whose interests are diametrically opposed to those of the common man.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:14 pm
Guess I was not clear I meant individual wealth as in Kerry, the Kennedy's, Rockafeller's etc.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:58 pm
Re: Wealth: Dems v. GOP
TilleyWink wrote:
Which party members have the most personal wealth the GOP are the Ds?

I suppose there are stats somewhere to answer you question, but I suspect you don't really want one as much as you want to point out that there is Big Money within the Democratic Party.

Of course you are right.

This is the hypocrisy of Democrats.

A brief engagement with Google will, no doubt, reveal numerous wealthy families who are associated with The Left.

It will also reveal numerous individuals associated with The Left who have mae themselves multi-millionaires.

There is nothing, per se, wrong with wealthy people subscribing to the positions of the Democratic Party. They are certainly free to form whatever opinions and position they deem meaningful.

Are these rich Democrats really willing to share their wealth, equally, with the rest of us?

Why is it that virtually every Democrat who achieves a position of power ends up a millionaire?

It's all well and good for Barrack Obama, Hillary Clinton, or Ted Kennedy to promote increased taxes on "the rich."

Their wealth far exceeds the lower ends of the range that Democrats want to define as rich ie $250,000.

Impose taxes on "the rich" and these rich Democrats will either find loopholes or be quite satisfied will the millions of post tax income they realize.

Obama rants about obscene CEO compensation while his wife brings home a salary of $300,000 a year for being the Diversity Officer of a large Chicago hospital.

Obama has earned "obscene" profits from the publishing of his books.

Can someone explain to me why an author deserves millions but a CEO does not?

Rich Democrats constantly pander to their poor constitutes, but none of them are willing to redistribute their personal wealth to the masses.

Oh sure Obama is ok with paying 35% or more of his income in taxes, because this will still leave him a millionaire.

Is there a Liberal out there who has turned his our her extreme wealth to the people? Can someone identify such a person for me?

It ain't Obama, Kennedy, Clinton, Dodd, Pelosi, Reid, Rockefeller, Streisand, Clooney, DiCaprio, Soros, Sarandon et al.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 09:56 am
Information about the wealth of individual members of congress can be found here

Idiotic ranting about Democrats can be found here.
0 Replies

TilleyWink

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 11:11 am
Thank you joefromchicago I really wanted the stats. I tried Google and Dogpile but could not find any info. I probably was not using the correct search terms.

This is the answer I needed to win a silly agurment with the professor of pedantic.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 01:46 am
Of the top ten wealthiest American legilators, #1 and a total of seven are Democrats.

Surely these seven will drop off the list next year as they resdistribute their personal wealth to their constituents.

Having said this, I have to question the accuracy of this list. Does anyone really believe that John Murtha is only worth $180,000?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 08:02 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Of the top ten wealthiest American legilators, #1 and a total of seven are Democrats.

Surely these seven will drop off the list next year as they resdistribute their personal wealth to their constituents.

Having said this, I have to question the accuracy of this list. Does anyone really believe that John Murtha is only worth $180,000?

Since you doubt this list, where do you get the stats you just quoted?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 08:40 am
snood wrote:
Since you doubt this list, where do you get the stats you just quoted?

See, here's how it works: statistics that support Finn's position are reliable; statistics that don't support Finn's position aren't reliable. It's really very straightforward.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:05 am
Is there a rule that says Democrats can't be rich? Laughing

Finn dAbuzz asked:
Quote:
Is there a Liberal out there who has turned his our her extreme wealth to the people? Can someone identify such a person for me?

Well, since you asked, Finn dAbuzz, here's one who's made a great move in that direction.

Quote:
Warren E. Buffett, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. and one of the world's wealthiest men, plans to donate the bulk of his $44 billion fortune to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and four other philanthropies.

Mr Buffet, a Democrat, is supporting Barack Obama.
0 Replies