Not wasting time

Bohne

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 06:36 am
Two days ago, I was halfway out the door to go to work, when my son (almost 2) decided, he wanted to eat a hard-boiled egg.

I took one out of the fridge and thought I could get him to take it with him, but he wanted it straight away.

No problem either, usually he bangs it on the dining-room floor, and then lets me peel it for him.

Not this time.
He insisted in peeling it all himself.

Part of me wanted to keep saying: Hurry up, I am late already, the other part (dominant just then) had to leave him to it and keep watching.

I think it took him almost 20 minutes to get every little piece of shell off the egg.
I could not avert my eyes from those little fingers, so deliberately picking up one piece of shell after the other and dropping them into the bin.

Funny enough, when we finally rushed out of the door, I did not have the impression that I had wasted any time.

What did you last not waist any time on?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 997 • Replies: 5
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 06:41 am
if you are ever pressed for time when he does that again.. just have him pluck it under running water. Water helps the shell to come off the egg and will rinse away those tiny pieces so he can just focus on getting to that egg Smile

My daughter loves loves loves grasses, flowers, bushes and anything else in the dirt.
Sometimes I will pull over in traffic so that she can pluck a flower.

That is never a waste of time. Cool
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 06:45 am
I don't think it's possible to waste time with your children or loved ones. Most of my wasted time is when I can't get my motivated or focused. I can walk in circles looking for things that aren't lost, I just wasn't paying attention when I put the items down. I'm also notorious for starting out to do something, getting distracted and then forgetting my original goal. I then stand around (usually tugging on my hair) thinking "damn it, I'm wasting a lot of time trying to remember what I was going to do quickly...".
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:44 am
[quote="shewolfnm"]Sometimes I will pull over in traffic so that she can pluck a flower.[/quote]

I love that!

For us it is sheep.
If we see them anywhere and I stop, he can quite easily just stand there watching them for ages, telling me over and over again that there are some sheep. (maaah) Laughing
0 Replies

worriedmom

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 09:39 am
We had spent a weekend at my sisters, it was super hot and a long way home. You know how you just want to get there so the trip is over. This time I decided to take a detour and stop at a Lake to cool off. This turned into a round of mini golf, an hour in the water and then lunch and photos under a giant statue. We got home really late, and it was the best trip I have ever had with my two boys. We made memories and I learned that home will still be there waiting even if we take an extra 6 hours to get there.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 02:37 pm
Helping a child peel an egg...stopping for flowers and sheep...that is not wasting time.

On the other hand, I have wasted LOTS of time sitting in meetings.
0 Replies