Do You Know Why Finn Knows More About Politics Than Cyclo?

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 11:52 pm
After reviewing the text of our bet, I concede that Finn d'Abuzz correctly predicted that the decision of FL and MI was made prior to the decision about the nomination. I had previously thought the wording to be different.

It is difficult for me to post this, as I find him to be an odious person, but he was correct in this case, and this thread was the term of the bet.

I am happy, however, that my contention at the time was correct; Clinton was not able to make up the deficits she incurred during February, and FL and MI did not materially affect the outcome of the Dem race.

Cycloptichorn
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 790 • Replies: 12
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 12:09 am
Re: Do You Know Why Finn Knows More About Politics Than Cycl
Cycloptichorn wrote:
It is difficult for me to post this, as I find him to be an odious person, but he was correct in this case...

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 07:41 am
Did you have Hillary's people help you write that? Razz Anyway, good to see you right it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
After reviewing the text of our bet, I concede that Finn d'Abuzz correctly predicted that the decision of FL and MI was made prior to the decision about the nomination. I had previously thought the wording to be different.

It is difficult for me to post this, as I find him to be an odious person, but he was correct in this case, and this thread was the term of the bet.

I am happy, however, that my contention at the time was correct; Clinton was not able to make up the deficits she incurred during February, and FL and MI did not materially affect the outcome of the Dem race.

Cycloptichorn

I don't understand the value of the bet, if the loser just had to post the fact that he was wrong? Shouldn't there be a more specific declaration of the winner's overall greater intelligence in the specific subject? That was the title of this thread. Yet, there is no explanation, other than a "correct prediction." Why was he correct? Could intelligence have something to do with it (my contention).

Heck, if the Japanese can bow to each other for no greater reason than a greeeting, shouldn't there be something more obsequious here? And, the last sentence, "I am happy, however, that my contention at the time was correct" really takes away from celebrating the actual winner, in my opinion.

Why not have started this post with the salutation that Emily Dickenson used in starting some letters to a male friend ("Master")?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:19 am
I'm pleased that the actual winner, overall, was Barack Obama. Which was my overall contention at the time, though I was wrong on the specifics.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:22 am
I'll be about damned; I actually agree 100% with a Foofie post. Shocked
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:23 am
Buck up, old boy. This too shall pass.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:05 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Well it took a little pressure but you did the right thing. Kudos.

Don't worry, I find you equally, if not more, odious.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:14 pm
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I don't understand the value of the bet, if the loser just had to post the fact that he was wrong? Shouldn't there be a more specific declaration of the winner's overall greater intelligence in the specific subject? That was the title of this thread. Yet, there is no explanation, other than a "correct prediction." Why was he correct? Could intelligence have something to do with it (my contention).

Heck, if the Japanese can bow to each other for no greater reason than a greeeting, shouldn't there be something more obsequious here? And, the last sentence, "I am happy, however, that my contention at the time was correct" really takes away from celebrating the actual winner, in my opinion.

Why not have started this post with the salutation that Emily Dickenson used in starting some letters to a male friend ("Master")?

No need to push noses in the dirt.

Cyclo knows he lost, and I won and that's good enough.

Obviously Cyclo is hardly ignorant when it comes to politics, he just allows his partisan zeal to override his sense.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:35 pm
The issue truly could have gone either way. Obama had several chances to close it out early that he could not or did not capitalize on.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 21 Jun, 2008 06:54 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

No need to push noses in the dirt.

Cyclo knows he lost, and I won and that's good enough.

Obviously Cyclo is hardly ignorant when it comes to politics, he just allows his partisan zeal to override his sense.

gracious in victory. very good.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 06:15 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
I'll be about damned; I actually agree 100% with a Foofie post. Shocked

You better get to doin' your own apologizing right quick, Bill, if you expect to avoid those burnin' embers.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:57 pm
Do You Know Why Finn Knows More About Politics Than Cyclo?

Shouldn't this have been posted in the HUMOR section, Finn? Smile
0 Replies