H2O MAN

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:06 pm
World War Three is on the horizon.

This war will be fought over oil - that's a no brainer.

This war will be between China and Russia - that should surprise few.

Question: Will the US back one or the other or will we sit this one out?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,261 • Replies: 3
No top replies

hanno

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:41 pm
I'd like to say sit it out. Russia is close to buying a mill I used to be with so I'm a wee bit piss't at them. Oil, I'm not sure about, I think once starvation becomes status-quo ethanol will be the limiting reagent, but one way or t'other China thinks something-too-much of themselves, I mean, if we're all chumps, at least their ruling class is not as acutely cultivated as ours or Russia's but with better support-staff. I say sit it out, free Taiwan if we can, send humanitarian aid to Russia...
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2008 04:57 pm
Quote:
The Middle East is a region characterized by international concern and political unrest. With severe water shortages, it is water and not oil that threatens the renewal of military conflicts and social and economic disruption...

some scientists and politicians seem to think that wars might break out over water !
one can replace oil in a variety of ways , but no substitute to water has been found yet .
hbg

http://whyfiles.org/131fresh_water/images/world_water.gif
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 08:07 am
hamburger wrote:
Quote:
The Middle East is a region characterized by international concern and political unrest. With severe water shortages, it is water and not oil that threatens the renewal of military conflicts and social and economic disruption...

some scientists and politicians seem to think that wars might break out over water !
one can replace oil in a variety of ways , but no substitute to water has been found yet .
hbg

http://whyfiles.org/131fresh_water/images/world_water.gif

That may be true in the distant future, but oil is what drives a growing nation - China will soon be the worlds #1 consumer of oil.
0 Replies