Mo supports Obama.

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:04 am
But he thinks Obama has something to do with yards since so many of our neighbors have Obama signs in their yards. Mo is very pro-yard so he wanted an Obama sign too:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/boomerangagain/obama.jpg

After I took his photo he took my camera and went around the yard snapping photos and saying "Wow. Now this is really obama!"

Mo cracks me up.

Do you know any hilarous interpretations of words?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,344 • Replies: 14
No top replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:10 am
I think I told this one before, but my kids heard me saying "smart aleck" a lot and (correctly) inferred that I meant "smart ass". Hence aleck = ass. "I fell on my aleck." "Ducklet's a dumb aleck." "He smacked my aleck."
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:14 am
It's like that Mutual of Omaha commercial. "oh yes, that dress is so "mutual".
Mo is one clever little guy. Every time I hear "Manic Depression" now (I work out to it often) I think about him. Very Happy

For Christmas last year, I gave my best friend and her partner really cool sock slippers from Old Navy and they named them after me. She said that when they would settle down after a long day to watch tv or something, Gloria would suggest that they put on their eoe's.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:22 am
"Manic Depression" is perfect! His favorite song right now is "Mental Health (Bang Your Head)" by Quiet Riot. I sense a theme.

Aleck! Ha! That's a good one. What a great word to use.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:37 am
I have told this story often, but you can't stop me, even if you have heard it. When i was just a liddly, my youngest aunt went to college (she was 13 when i was born). At about the same time, i discovered the existence of the tasty an nutritious food known as cottage cheese. I began to refer to it as "college cheese." This eventually irritated my grandmother enough that she explained to me that the word was "cottage," described a cottage, and then attempted to explain why curds and whey ("proto-cheese" and skimmed milk) are called cottage cheese.

I then became confused, and wondered why my aunt had gone to live in a small house far away, when we had such a nice house to live in. I decided she must have really like the cheese at her cottage. To this day, i refer to that dairy product as college cheese. Lovey has gotten accustomed to it, and no longer rolls her eyes when she asks if i want anything from the store and i ask her to pick up some college cheese.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:42 am
Setanta wrote:
Lovey has gotten accustomed to it, and no longer rolls her eyes when she asks if i want anything from the store and i ask her to pick up some college cheese.

would a farmers market cheese (not one produced by a conglomerate or multinational) be known as a community college cheese Very Happy
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:48 am
I would expect so . . . although i don't think there were community colleges back in the dark ages when i was just a little boy. Perhaps a preparatory cheese?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 10:04 am
Preparatory cheese is clearly a gateway cheese. Before you know it you'll be on the hard stuff.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 10:18 am
Party pooper . . . pass me that asiago, 'K?
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:46 pm
Well here you go, darlin', the first taste is free......

When you're ready for some berkswell you'll know who to come see.

I further discerned that obamaness means your yard is pretty.

I discovered this because our backyard is not very "obama".

Our front yard isn't really too obama either but we're working on it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:50 pm
I'm gonna take a shower and put on my eoes. I deserve it.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 09:54 pm
Cool.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 03:53 am
That reminds me, that as a child I got the words
tourist and terrorist
mixed up and could never work out if they were the good or the bad guys.

One day it was the t. blew up a building
the next a bus crashed, and ten poor t. died.

Very confusing!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 06:05 am
Flick.

Flick turns into fck.

We have a lot of games that are played by flicking..

pitch car , taktika just to name a few..

The action to these games is always flicking . No matter what... that is how it is played.

Well.. flick.. doesnt always come out FLICK from her mouth..
Often times she will flick something on the ground, on the table, or in her room and proudly announce

" Hey mom! Lookitme! I fcked that toy and I am making a game ! Come fck it with me.. "

If anything falls and starts to roll ( Like a penny for example) it according to her was 'fckd' to make it roll, and she wants to know who did the 'fcking'.

I have long since given up on trying to help her pronounce flick.. It will happen in its own time.

meanwhile she wants to play another fcking game..
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 06:30 am
boomerang wrote:
Well here you go, darlin', the first taste is free......

When you're ready for some berkswell you'll know who to come see.

I further discerned that obamaness means your yard is pretty.

I discovered this because our backyard is not very "obama".

Our front yard isn't really too obama either but we're working on it.

Mo kills me. I long for A2K play date with all the cool kids we have around here. Alas, we are all separated by quite a few gas dollars.
0 Replies