What Should I do with my Gov Stimulus Check?

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 08:25 pm
When I get my check, what should I do with it?

Don't waste my time by telling me to give it to you. I think that it's important to think abotu how an idea like this works. I'm not particularly fond of the idea, but If I'm going to get a check, I think it's not too much to ask for me to find the best way to use it in the name of stimulating the economy.

Ideas?

T
K
O
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,740 • Replies: 20
No top replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 08:34 pm
I think you should give it away.Ten dollars a day to both Foxfyre and Okie for each day they go without being complete partisan scumbags and saying something that is either an outright lie or a subtle smear about Obama. I fully expect you not to have to pay a dime, but we can all hope.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 08:44 pm
Buy Guns & Ammo - not the publication.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 09:40 pm
Start paying any debts you may have incurred while in college.

Either that or find out why the Dept of Tobacco, alcohol & Firearms has so much fun.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 09:48 pm
start a new savings account

or add to one you already have

or splurge it on sex toys Smile
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 10:36 pm
kickycan wrote:
I think you should give it away.Ten dollars a day to both Foxfyre and Okie for each day they go without being complete partisan scumbags and saying something that is either an outright lie or a subtle smear about Obama. I fully expect you not to have to pay a dime, but we can all hope.

Wow, that was a bit much. Upon further review, I take this back. it's just stupid. Sorry to you both for the blindside slam out of nowhere for no reason.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:03 am
I want to thank President Bush and my grandchildren for the stimulus that the toys I bought at Good Vibrations have brought me and my lover.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:04 am
Buy a tank of gas.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 04:12 pm
Seriously though, all of these could serve me well, but my point is what could I do with the money that would actually stimulate the economy?

I see many have voted for me to just keep it and not spend. That may be good for me, but doesn't stagnating money hurt the economy?

Carry on.

T
K
O
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 04:18 pm
Put 75% into an account that's going to earn you decent interest over 6 - 12 months. You'll have more to spend in the long run.

Use the balance to check out the place you're moving to (moved to?). Be a tourist in your new city.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 04:20 pm
Spend it locally at Mom & Pop business', locally owned restaurants and/or farmers markets. If you give it to Walmart, or any other big box, they will just give it to the Chinese or Indian government.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 05:44 pm
I'll use mine to invest in a sound suppressor for my rifles Cool
0 Replies

kuvasz

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2008 11:49 pm
destroy it for the good of your nation, since the money to cover that check does not come from your tax dollars. most likely it comes from the communist chinese that the american government has borrowed from to run the country.

if you don't cash the check that is $600 dollars less bush has to borrow from them, and puts us $600 less in their pocket.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 06:52 am
Diest TKO wrote:
Seriously though, all of these could serve me well, but my point is what could I do with the money that would actually stimulate the economy?

I see many have voted for me to just keep it and not spend. That may be good for me, but doesn't stagnating money hurt the economy?

Carry on.

T
K
O

Honestly, the piddly amount (in relation to the actual problem) that people would actually put into the economy isn't going to stimulate anything.

Do with it what will best help you out.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 08:59 am
kuvasz wrote:
destroy it for the good of your nation, since the money to cover that check does not come from your tax dollars. most likely it comes from the communist chinese that the american government has borrowed from to run the country.

if you don't cash the check that is $600 dollars less bush has to borrow from them, and puts us $600 less in their pocket.

i like kuvs idea... a lot... and I never thought of it. I think that;'s what i'll do...
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2008 04:11 pm
Re: What Should I do with my Gov Stimulus Check?
Diest TKO wrote:
When I get my check, what should I do with it?

Don't waste my time by telling me to give it to you. I think that it's important to think abotu how an idea like this works. I'm not particularly fond of the idea, but If I'm going to get a check, I think it's not too much to ask for me to find the best way to use it in the name of stimulating the economy.

Ideas?

T
K
O

Before vans the most popular car for serial killers was the VW Beetle, only the ones that want to be cops prefer assertive vehicles. I say that to say this - never trust a douchebag.

I mean, the answer, for it to have the desired effect, is to use it however would make you, yourself feel better about being productive and economically confident. Same as what any positive cash flow is good for, but Br'er Diest is not alone in seeing the goal as a matter of what he should do with the money rather than what he should do with himself via the money. What perspective would miss it - like to think 'wow, money, folk must need me to do something for them by disposing of this $600' as opposed to 'wow, money, time to do my thing'?
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 12:56 am
Feedback is getting very inciteful.

I'm kind of feeling in line with Greenwith at the moment. I kind of want to find the mom&pop stores in my area. This of course is independant of the money.

Thanks
K
O
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 04:28 am
Quote:
Feedback is getting very inciteful.

Pay down your debt. The interest you pay eats a lot of your income.

Joe(it's the most selfish and commonsensical thing to do.)Nation
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2008 09:49 pm
I don't have much debt at all. I was good with my money in college.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 19 Jun, 2008 04:36 am
Good. So pay down some of it.

BTW, college grad, were you being funny?

Spellcheck challenged?
Joe(Um...inciteful is not insightful)Nation
0 Replies