"Jimmy Carter with a tan

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:19 pm
I've been seeing this phrase knocking around the most extreme wing-nut blogs for the past several days and even by one poster here on a2k. Not only is it inane (Jimmy Carter is mostly known by the voting public for his work with Habit for Humanity) regardless of what thinks of Jimmy Carter as a president I don't believe anyone with a mind could criticize his intelligence, integrity or patriotism; in addition the "with a tan" is an ugly reminder of the KKK mentality that should have been buried in the long ago past.
If this is the kind of thing we will continue to see during this current campaign then I do believe that McCain will make Goldwater look as if he nearly won against Johnson. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot, the "people" who will use this sort of infantile characterization will find themselves so far out of step with America they might as well move to Belize and wait for their starship to take them all to the planet Arcturis.
I notice that McCain used the term "Jimmy Carter's second term" today (omitting the 'with a tan') then laughed as if he made a joke. That might very well cost him another 5 points in the polls.
I think everyone should criticize Obama for issues relating to his candidacy, however, racial slurs and red-neck bigotry is no way to select a president.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,084 • Replies: 11
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:51 pm
But they will continue to want to slide it under the radar at every opportunity.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:56 pm
The beginning of the real sleaze-fest?

I hope Obama and family and his advisers are ready.

I am not as optimistic as Dys that this stuff will cost McCain.

As far as I can see the right's swift-boating machine works over time. It's a meme-creator, and denial and evidence only feed the beast.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:59 pm
dlowan wrote:
As far as I can see the right's swift-boating machine works over time. It's a meme-creator, and denial and evidence only feed the beast.

They seem to be lagging behind. ebrown and Cyclo have been trying to "swift-boat" McCain for a month or two already.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 05:01 pm
fishin wrote:
dlowan wrote:

They seem to be lagging behind. ebrown and Cyclo have been trying to "swift-boat" McCain for a month or two already.

McCain doesn't need us to do anything; his failures are manifest and quite evident. I'm just enjoying discussing them Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

paull

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:38 pm
for the last 25 years Jimmy Carter has been Ramsey Clark lite. The few photo ops people have seen of Jimmy with his tool bags on hardly compares to his regular knee jerk hatred of America. He never got over being beaten by that B movie actor.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:46 pm
paull wrote:
for the last 25 years Jimmy Carter has been Ramsey Clark lite. The few photo ops people have seen of Jimmy with his tool bags on hardly compares to his regular knee jerk hatred of America. He never got over being beaten by that B movie actor.

Good one. For an instant I didn't realize you were joking.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:55 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
paull wrote:

Good one. For an instant I didn't realize you were joking.

Smile
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 08:54 pm
Obama is Jimmy Carter with a tan and if by some miracle he gets elected it will be Carters 2nd term.

I don't get the KKK link though, red-neck bigotry must be a Liberal thing.

http://www.athenswater.com/images/NOBAMA.jpg
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 10:01 pm
fishin wrote:
dlowan wrote:

Not sure they count as a machine, though.
0 Replies

paull

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 11:25 pm
Not kidding, as you know. Jimmy wasn't out of the oval office 6 months before he gave an interview that put to rest all that previous respect for the office drivel that past presidents had adhered to. I forget which magazine, not Time or Newsweek or USNWR, a second tier sort of rag. May even have had naked women in it. He pretty much trashed Reagan, which at the time I found very appropriate, but even being on Jimmy's side he was obviously, and sadly, envious.

I always like it when the locals make fun of my posts, means I hit a nerve, not the funny bone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 04:54 am
paull wrote:
Not kidding, as you know. Jimmy wasn't out of the oval office 6 months before he gave an interview that put to rest all that previous respect for the office drivel that past presidents had adhered to. I forget which magazine, not Time or Newsweek or USNWR, a second tier sort of rag. May even have had naked women in it. He pretty much trashed Reagan, which at the time I found very appropriate, but even being on Jimmy's side he was obviously, and sadly, envious.

I always like it when the locals make fun of my posts, means I hit a nerve, not the funny bone.

What you may think is hitting a nerve is actually incredulity that anyone could think so erroneously.Laughing
0 Replies