Exclusive: Bush regrets Iraq war

Zippo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 02:11 pm
Quote:
From The Times
June 11, 2008

President Bush regrets his legacy as man who wanted war

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00350/GBush360_350592a.jpg

President Bush has admitted to The Times that his gun-slinging rhetoric made the world believe that he was a "guy really anxious for war" in Iraq. He said that his aim now was to leave his successor a legacy of international diplomacy for tackling Iran.

In an exclusive interview, he expressed regret at the bitter divisions over the war and said that he was troubled about how his country had been misunderstood. "I think that in retrospect I could have used a different tone, a different rhetoric."

Phrases such as "bring them on" or "dead or alive", he said, & "indicated to people that I was, you know, not a man of peace". He said that he found it very painful "to put youngsters in harm's way".

[...]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article4107327.ece

===============

TSOAB !!! Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 688 • Replies: 10
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:13 pm
Bushie's war was planned years in advance by the PNACers in his administration. Their position paper included the premise that the war would be a hard sell but a new Pearl Harbor would make it an easier sell. Of course without cooperation from the corporate fascist mainstream media to spread Bushie's fabricated, forged evidence the war would never have been allowed to happen. His former spokesman has now told in a book what the public has long since admitted, that Bushie deliberately misled us into war with help from the media. That media is now scrambling to cover their sorry butts. What the pundits still fail to mention, acting as if they never heard of it, is that pre-war white paper, Rebuilding America's Defenses. Their complicity in Bushie's crimes against humanity is evident in that coverup. Meanwhile the next phase of the PNAC imperialist plot is the bombing of Iran. Once that happens I suspect the mainstream media will be as enthused as they were during Shock & Awe when they brougt the rockets red glare to our living rooms like it was a 4th of July celebration. link
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:17 pm
^ Exactly, most of them are Zionists- Mad

PNAC members on the Bush team include Vice-President Dick Cheney and his top national security assistant, I. Lewis Libby; Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld; Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz; National Security Council member Eliot Abrams; Undersecretary for Arms Control and International Security John Bolton; and former Chairman of the Defense Policy Board, Richard Perle. Other PNAC members exerting influence on U.S. policy are the President of the Committee for the Liberation of Iraq Randy Scheunemann, Republican Party leader Bruce Jackson and current PNAC chairman William Kristol, conservative writer for the Weekly Standard. Jeb Bush, the president's brother and governor of Florida, is also a member.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:23 pm
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
Reads to me like he regrets the terminology - as well he might, I mean you can TCB quietly but you don't want to make noise and screw up - but as for the war in and of itself...

People invoke the war-Boolean constantly, like 'OMFG, he's for war...", and then in the same breath it's supposed to be like he could have done this or that different but since he didn't... I mean if I were against it I'd be against it insofar as I felt the need to be against it. You want to call turd in the punchbowl then hand out speeding tickets at the Indy 500 - you're screwing up the same way W seems to have realized he did - laying it on too thick.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:13 pm
I agree with Hanno. Nothing in this article says Bush regrets the war, only the perception the international community has of his rhetoric.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 04:27 pm
The point is that even if he had said it, you'd not have believed him. See what I'm getting at ?

90% of Americans are retards.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 10:40 am
blueflame1 wrote:

So was Bill Clinton and he DID!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2008 11:06 am
Zippo wrote:

90% of Americans are retards.

At least you can identify your demographic.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:46 pm
http://media.economist.com/images/20080614/D2408WW0.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 05:44 am
Whoever drew that cartoon stole it from a French Army manual and just pasted Bush's head in there.
0 Replies