No Freedom Of Expression in Canada

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:31 am
http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/world/international-nazi.html

WINNIPEG, Manitoba (Reuters) - Child welfare officials seized two children after a seven-year-old girl went to school with a swastika and other white supremacist markings on her body, the Winnipeg Free Press newspaper reported on Monday.

Provincial officials want to permanently remove the girl and her two-year-old brother from their home because of concerns about their father, alleged to be a neo-Nazi, and because of drug and alcohol use in the home, the paper said.

"The children may be at risk due to the parents' behavior and associates. The parents might endanger the emotional well-being of the children," the Child and Family Services agency said, according to court documents.

The paper said the parents plan to fight the move, but had not yet filed court documents.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,431 • Replies: 19
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:42 am
Quote:
Winnipeg children seized from neo-Nazi father

7-year-old girl arrived at school with swastika, white supremacist symbol written on body

Jun 09, 2008 04:30 AM
The Canadian Press

WINNIPEG-The Manitoba government has seized two young children from a Winnipeg home based on concerns their father - an alleged neo-Nazi - was filling their heads and marking their bodies with messages of hate.

The government agency is now seeking a permanent order of guardianship based on ongoing concerns about the safety of the 7-year-old girl and 2-year-old boy.

A Court of Queen's Bench case is ongoing, with the next hearing set for today. "The children may be at risk due to the parents' behaviour and associates. The parents might endanger the emotional well-being of the children," Child and Family Services wrote in court documents obtained by the Winnipeg Free Press.

Winnipeg police confirmed their involvement in the case, which came to a head in late March when school officials raised concerns about the little girl.

A source told the newspaper the girl showed up one morning in class with writing on her body, including a swastika and a common white supremacist symbol "14/88".

The number 14 refers to a slogan containing 14 words - "We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children", while 88 represents the letters HH (the eighth in the alphabet) to mean "Heil Hitler."

Const. Pat Chabidon confirmed the father was recently interviewed based on allegations he was involved in "hate crimes involving children." Police had questioned him regarding similar concerns in 2005, he said.

No criminal charges have been laid, but police turned the file over to CFS, Chabidon said.

The mother of the children is also named in the CFS application as being unfit to parent, based on her relationship with her husband. He is the biological father of the young boy and the stepfather of the girl.

"There are also concerns about parental drug and alcohol use in the home," CFS wrote.

The couple couldn't be reached for comment, and their lawyer didn't return phone messages.

They have not yet filed any affidavits outlining their position. A judge recently ordered a psychological report on the father as part of the ongoing case.

Source
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:42 am
Someone must have an opinion on this... dys?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:44 am
So, the government can take away your children because of what you teach them?

Is teaching my son to hunt and fish a "message of hate"?

Something fishy up in Canada....
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:48 am
cjhsa wrote:
Is teaching my son to hunt and fish a "message of hate"?

So you think Hitler was just and only hunting morsels and catching some fish.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:50 am
I think you're out of your mind, and any government that can do this is out of control, and needs to be dissolved.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:55 am
This is what happens when your government steps on your rights once - in Canada's case - took away their guns - now they know they can get away with it....
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 09:58 am
a2k's "sage" has spoken again : Laughing Shocked

Quote:
I think you're out of your mind, and any government that can do this is out of control, and needs to be dissolved.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 10:03 am
cjhsa wrote:
I think your government needs to be dissolved.

i agree with this part, but not over the issue you've stated
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 10:13 am
canada is actually dissolving its government every few years (and even months) , but those darned canadians keep re-electing new governments !!!
we should try to keep things running without a government - it's the civil servants who keep the wheels of the government running anyway - we don't need elected parliamentarians for that .
hbg (probably at least half serious)

just on the news : government may fall over new immigration act - plenty of fireworks to be expected :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 10:45 am
I'm sure the child protective services were motivated by a desire to suppress free expression in the matter of a man covering a child with racist slogans (a child to whom he is not related, other than by the child's misfortune that her drunken, drug-using mother happened to marry him), and not by any apprehension about leaving children in a home in which alcohol and drugs are believed to be regularly abused.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
hamburger wrote:
a2k's "sage" has spoken again : Laughing Shocked

Quote:

You have no intention whatsoever of addressing the topic, do you?

Set buys into whatever terms the media reports. It makes it easier in the public eye to do crap like this when you simply label the parents as "drug abusing neo nazis". Who knows for sure if this is true. The only thing in the story that can be easily verified is that the kids are now separated from their parents.

Reminds me of the debacle in Texas.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:51 pm
The "media" is not the source of the allegation of drug and alcohol abuse in the home--Child and Family Services is the source of the allegation, which the media in this case are simply reporting. I don't, of course, expect cjhsa to understand the distinction, or to appreciate the sequence of events which lead to the removal of these children from what passed for a home.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 12:56 pm
I get it and don't care.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 02:16 pm
I don't believe that you ever get much of anything, you blowhard coward.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 02:18 pm
Setanta wrote:
I don't believe that you ever get much of anything, you blowhard coward.

i believe he once caught a particularly nasty case of cat scratch fever

addled his brain so much, he thinks ted nugent is a musician
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2008 02:57 pm
That's a pretty telling condemnation, there, Boss.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:05 am
I'm not going to defend Ted's musicianship. 40+ million record sales speaks for itself.

The true blowhards of A2K, the left wingers, are in fine form this spring with their Bloward Hussein Obama candidate in place.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:47 am
Naughty, naughty Tinkerbell . . . when you don't have an argument, you just spew hatred at those with whom you disagree. You're a sad case.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 10 Jun, 2008 06:49 am
Set, take the douchebag off your snout before you post again. Thanks.
0 Replies