Katrina's Storm Surge

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:16 am
New Orleans never had a chance. The levees not only broke, they simply weren't high enough.

http://www.wwltv.com/slides/images/levee1.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,878 • Replies: 25
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:52 am
I know this is old news. But there are many here who still blame the disaster on Bush....

It's always his fault, isn't it?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:58 am
cjhsa
cjhsa wrote:
I know this is old news. But there are many here who still blame the disaster on Bush....

It's always his fault, isn't it?

NEWS FLASH! Bush wasn't blamed for the storm surge. He WAS blamed for the lack of federal government action to help the people in the storm surge's path.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:59 am
You mean he was blamed for the inability of the citizens of New Orleans to help themselves rebuild, because it was just as easy for them to collect welfare and FEMA money from a hotel in Houston, don't you?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:17 am
cjhsa
cjhsa wrote:
You mean he was blamed for the inability of the citizens of New Orleans to help themselves rebuild, because it was just as easy for them to collect welfare and FEMA money from a hotel in Houston, don't you?

Revealing, isn't it, how the more you post the more you expose your extreme racism?

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:32 am
Just telling it like is is, maam. And it is.

I was there. I saw it. I saw what pigs can do when released in a hotel.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:52 am
cjhsa wrote:

Now...as I am not a proponent of welfare [as it is now, and abused as it is] I feel like I have to just ask - surely not everyone that was affected by katrina was on welfare. And what is bad about receiving money from FEMA if your home or the apt complex where you lived (or projects if that's the case) was torn down? And what DO you do if you can't afford to rebuild in N.O., even with FEMA money? And I'm not aware of anyone that gets enough money through welfare to be able to afford to build a brand new home, or re-locate very easily. I'm merely conjecturing, since I wasn't there, based on what I know of the few people that I personally know who received money from FEMA and the few people I know that ret welfare assistance.

cjhsa wrote:
Just telling it like is is, maam. And it is.

I was there. I saw it. I saw what pigs can do when released in a hotel.

Do help me out with this?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:53 am
If it keeps on raining, the levees gonna break
And if the levee breaks, we'll have no place to stay
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:54 am
i'm running upstairs to court, be back here in a minute.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:54 am
I stayed in hotels in Houston where the FEMA refugees ripped the curtains off to use as blankets, peed in the air conditioners, and punched holes in the walls (so they could talk to their neighbor?), and that was just the surface of it.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:08 am
Re: cjhsa
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

NEWS FLASH! Bush wasn't blamed for the storm surge. He WAS blamed for the lack of federal government action to help the people in the storm surge's path.

BBB
Why was that? Blame needs to go to the right person....the Governor of that state who didn't ask for Federal Funds right away. The Governor is at fault, not the President.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:09 am
it occurred to me that in my response to your post I immediately had the feeling that you were sort of lumping all recipients of welfare/FEMA funds into that group of pigs.

But I'm sure that's not so, right?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:11 am
TTH wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB
Why was that? Blame needs to go to the right person....the Governor of that state who didn't ask for Federal Funds right away. The Governor is at fault, not the President.

The governor was incompetent, no doubt.

BBB
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:15 am
So was the mayor. He still is. Instructed his lackies to disarm the people who were trying to defend their property... still hasn't given back the property (firearms) he stole.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:16 am
onyxelle wrote:
it occurred to me that in my response to your post I immediately had the feeling that you were sort of lumping all recipients of welfare/FEMA funds into that group of pigs.

No but who you really need to talk to are hotel operators in Houston that took in the refugees. They can tell you much more than I can.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:22 am
cjhsa wrote:
So was the mayor.
Couldn't agree more. I don't know if you knew that WA State sent help and our State also brought back victims and housed them with the help of volunteers.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:22 am
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
TTH wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

BBB

The governor was incompetent, no doubt.
BBB

The governor's delay was her concern regarding the State's National Guard and the Posse Comitatus Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:24 am
That must be Bush's fault too.
0 Replies

onyxelle

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:28 am
cjhsa wrote:
onyxelle wrote:

No but who you really need to talk to are hotel operators in Houston that took in the refugees. They can tell you much more than I can.

No, i'm absolutely sure there were some atrociously behaved 'people' staying in hotels, i just freak out about generalities, and as long as that's not the deal, well, carry on then.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:50 am
Hurricane Katrina Hit on Aug. 29 (3 days prior, President Bush declared a State Of Emergency...see below)

"Statement on Federal Emergency Assistance for Louisiana

The President today declared an emergency exists in the State of Louisiana and ordered Federal aid to supplement state and local response efforts in the parishes located in the path of Hurricane Katrina beginning on August 26, 2005, and continuing."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050827-1.html
0 Replies