There's one born every minute

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:03 pm
linkat
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought you would appreciate these comments from individuals who purchased this product (or there is one born...)

AMAZING!!! Everyone one MUST have one!!!!!!!
This product is amazing!!! I use it everyday and love it!! The bowl saves SOO much time that you didnt realize you were wasting!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I told my wife that anybody that buys all that **** from Home SHopping Network was probably at the bottom quartile of their high school class.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:07 pm
I used to use a gallon sized plastic "garbage can" with lid that I paid a dollar for at Pic and Save for my compost stuff. Now it's a plastic bag on the back door, very attractive decor-wise. Since I'm phasing out plastic bags, I suppose I'll use a ceramic bowl with plate over...

I am sort of thrift shop ceramics nut.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:09 pm
Sorry. I meant to say I recycle tin cans.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
I think you missed the point osso. ITS a f***in plastic bowl!!. The kind they sell chinese food in in the east coast.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:29 pm
farmerman....YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it.

Have you ever seen a chinese wasting time?

No, you haven't.

That's because of the bowls they use.

Don't you think Rachel Ray took this into consideration during the research and development stage?

christ almighty farmerman. sometimes I just don't know about you.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 04:08 pm
Urrgh?

I wouldna paid for that bowl, plastic or otherwise. Fool a minute, for sure. But I can see a certain need for decoration re kitchen necessities. Thus, possibly a gallon tin can, hmmm, from S & W?, after the giant amount of whatever has been consumed. Or coffee can, but I don't use that kind of coffee, snobbola that I am.

I occasionally save tin cans for pencils because of the labels... eg, hatch chili...
I don't buy canned goods that often, thus the continuing 'thrill' at some can-art.

I'm guessing for a proper compost kitchen receptacle there should be air holes. Oh well. As it is, I transport my present plastic bag compost makings often.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 04:51 pm
Chai wrote:
farmerman....YOU'RE the one who doesn't get it.

Have you ever seen a chinese wasting time?

No, you haven't.

That's because of the bowls they use.

Don't you think Rachel Ray took this into consideration during the research and development stage?

christ almighty farmerman. sometimes I just don't know about you.

Has it been patented? If so, I'd like to see the application.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 04:54 pm
Well.. screw having the bowl then.

I needs to get myself a Chinese ............
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:12 pm
I love this part from Linkat's reviews:

Quote:
I've tried to use other bowls, but this is the perfect size, balance, and look.
Laughing

Jeebus....You know, I, too, have tried to use other bowls for this, and the crazy part is, it WORKED!

I remember the New Yorker poking fun at her big "Garbage Bowl" concept in a review of her show...they mentioned how she made a big point of bringing it up repeatedly, so much so that she had shorthand for it--"the GB." Should have realized that she was talking it up in preparation for marketing it...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:32 pm
So how big is that bowl?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:58 pm
Quote:
http://www.rachaelraymag.com/about-rachael/ask-rachael-anything/article.html

Quote:
Okay Garbage Bowl fans, happy times are coming. According to HFN, Rachael Ray has teamed up with to tabletop and giftware manufacturer Precidio Inc. to create a line of melamine and acrylic tableware. The line will creatively be called the Rachael Ray Collection and it will be launched at the International Home & Housewares Show on March 12.

The idea of the garbage bowl is that if you stick a big bowl next to you on the counter and throw all the trash in it, then you will save time by avoiding trips to the trash. Precidio says that "[a]ll of the products created for the collection were inspired by Ray's time-saving philosophy and no-nonsense practicality."

They will even have a special product called a "Garbage Bowl, or GB, a countertop receptacle for food prep debris, developed by Ray as a result of her ongoing quest to reduce time and streamline effort in meal preparation." Other items in the line are called the Hipster and Paisley, which are "colorful melamine serveware add a unique twist to dining and entertaining."

I personally don't use a garbage bowl because of the way my kitchen is set up. Instead, I just pull the garbage can out from underneath the sink, which is right next to where I chop. So, I just throw stuff directly into the garbage as I go. But, I do think the garbage bowl is a kick ass idea and now you can get an official Rachael Ray garbage bowl.

Heck, I might have to get one even though I don't need it!

http://rachaelrayblog.blogspot.com/2007/03/new-melaminacrylic-products-from.html
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 09:03 pm
Quote:
Garbage Bowl (10-in.)
by Rachael Ray

Also available in:
10-in. - Brick Marble Quartz

Sug Retail:
$19.99
Our Price: $17.95
You Save: $2.04
Quantity:

IN STOCK
Usually ships in
1 business day

Item #608197

Customer Rating:
Read all 83 reviews • Rated 152 times by customers who purchased this item
• 83 out of 152 customers wrote reviews
• Recommended by 95% of Reviewers
• Value: 83% rated it a good value

Rachael Ray Garbage Bowl:
In fewer than five years, Rachael Ray has radically changed the way America cooks dinner. Her perky-girl-next-door swagger, her catchphrases for techniques, and her dinner ideology of simpler, less expensive and just in time have sold billions of books and placed her at the top of the talent heap of food television personalities.

Stop running back and forth to the garbage can! Save time in the kitchen by tossing your food scraps, wrappers and other waste in Rachael Ray's handy Garbage Bowl. This big Melamine bowl is 10" in diameter, 5-3/4" deep and dishwasher-safe. Keep it next to your cutting board while you chop and you'll be sitting down to eat in no time!

(Item #608197) w3

Sorry, this item is unavailable for shipment to Canada.

Material: Melamine
Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 5.75-in.
Origin: China
Cleaning & Care: Dishwasher Safe

http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=608197

Rated very highly I see...Poo on A2Ker's who don't get what a great thing this is *insert sarcasm*.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 08:46 am
hawkeye, you're a chinese, aren't you?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:06 am
The bbb website says this about the **** bowl.

Quote:
Made of durable melamine, garbage bowl comes in handy when you're cooking up your favorite dishes. Just throw skins, pits and what-not right in the bowl to keep your countertop clean. With its cutting-edge design and rich coloring, even when it's not in use, you'll want to keep it out on the counter. Dishwasher safe.

Uh, what?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 09:08 am
you mean if I dont throw my trash in the BOWL and I throw it in the trash
my counters wont be clean?
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:19 am
Good catch, Bella -- "cutting edge design" Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:23 am
BBB
Rachael Rae's best garbage bowl:

http://www.kodak.com/US/images/en/corp/1000words/oscar.jpg
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:25 am
BBB
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e9/Garbage_Bowl_Buttons.jpg/250px-Garbage_Bowl_Buttons.jpg
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:42 am
Mmmmmm Rachael Ray...

Predictable how worked up a bunch of pretend liberals get over a succesful businesswoman...

http://www.phillymag.com/blogs/philly/wp-content/uploads/0208_DailyExaminer/rachael_ray.jpg

How 'bout we pour a little EVOO on that?
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:10 am
Linkat-- the testimonials. I figure R. Ray has a meeting and this gets covered: "Who'se going to write the testimonials?" Probably the adminstrative assistant with the Masters degree.

I mean, it's just an oversized bowl, right?
0 Replies