There's one born every minute

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:09 am
I got sent a Bed Bath & Beyond gift card, so I wandered in there to get a new whatsis.

While looking around the kitchen area, I see a package with this in it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K9Qo2cAHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

It is the Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl.

I swear, it said that right on the package.

$14.00 dollars.....American!

Abandon All Hope.

Shocked
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,348 • Replies: 73
No top replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:11 am
i'm confused

it's a bowl for garbage, or the bowl itself is garbage Confused
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:17 am
Apparantly, their market is people that think they need to buy a $14.00 plastic bowl to put their garbage in while cooking.

I do not have any spare bowls or containers around my house, so I throw all the miscellaneous choppings of flora and fauna right onto the floor.

Once I tried to put the garbage can next to me while cooking, but I turn and my knee hit it, and I had to walk totally around the can to open the refridgerator.

I mean, how lame is that?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:58 am
Uh, ok....

Confused

How bout utilizing one of those plastic bags you got from the grocery store?

Rachel Ray is the Anti-Christ
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:04 pm
djjd62 wrote:
i'm confused

it's a bowl for garbage, or the bowl itself is garbage Confused

Both
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:06 pm
"No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public."
-- H.L. Mencken
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:16 pm
I use something remarkably similar to the Garbage Bowl. Actually, I use an empty tin can, but the idea's the same.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:19 pm
We use a coffee can . . . we're pretty much up-scale from your humble tin can, Roger . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:21 pm
wtf happened to putting garbage in a garbage can?

Or is that unsanitary or something?

Everything that is wrong with america is in that garbage bowl.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:22 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
wtf happened to putting garbage in a garbage can?

Or is that unsanitary or something?

Everything that is wrong with america is in that garbage bowl.

You can fit it in that bowl? Shocked
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 12:23 pm
smart ass
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 01:57 pm
That bowl makes a mockery of the dispose-all.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:05 pm
I think it may be an "inspiration" from her 30 minute meals show. She usually has some sort of bowl to throw garbage in as she is prepping - this is explained to save time - you throw all the crap in the bowl as you prep rather than taking the extra steps from the prep area to the actual trash - saves you about 5 seconds. Then you just take one step and throw all the crap away at once.

Not that the bowl should be $14 bucks to throw garbage in or I put the trash near me. I don't have the same issue as Chai as I am more coordinated.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:11 pm
While I am cooking I just throw the trash in the sink
packages and all

scoop that into the can when I am done
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:29 pm
I throw scraps in my compost canister. It's not as pretty as the bowl, but it has a lid and handle so I can keep it covered until I carry it out to the compost pile. Compost is not garbage - it's future food for food.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:35 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
Uh, ok....

Confused

How bout utilizing one of those plastic bags you got from the grocery store?

Rachel Ray is the Anti-Christ

We've got 3 cats.

We use all our plastic bags for cat poop.

So, like do you think I could use the Rachel Ray bowl for when I go outside to deadhead and weed the garden?

I could use it for cat poop, then we wouldn't be wasting all those plastic grocery bags.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:42 pm
I think the RayRay bowl would be perfect for cat ****.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:43 pm
Thought you would appreciate these comments from individuals who purchased this product (or there is one born...)

AMAZING!!! Everyone one MUST have one!!!!!!!
This product is amazing!!! I use it everyday and love it!! The bowl saves SOO much time that you didnt realize you were wasting!!! LOVE IT!!!!

I love it!
I have been having fun bragging that I got a Rachel Ray Garbage Bowl for Christmas (actually, I ordered it for myself). It was out of stock at the Food Network site, and eBay had it for much higher prices and/or on back-order. I even bragged to the kitchen store in our local outlet mall, which did not have it either, that I got one through Amazon.com.

I've tried to use other bowls, but this is the perfect size, balance, and look. I dump the contents into either my compost bucket which goes out to the garden composter or my worm bin (see "Worms Eat My Garbage"). It beats walking to the garbage can or compost bucket and dripping or spilling things on the floor.

For someone who likes kitchen gadgets, this is a great gift!

Funky and Oh-So-Convenient....
I really bought this for my niece and ended up having to buy 2. I'm a prolific and bone-lazy cook; when I'm done in the kitchen, I have every pot and pan, etc., in the sink. I don't like to drag the garbage out (I have a dog) to throw stuff in as I cook, and leaving a mixing bowl out on my sink to hold refuse looks like, well, it looks like a dirty mixing bowl. The garbage bowl, in the brick color, is a funky melamine that does not look like a mixing bowl. In fact, when the sun is shining (not much lately), the bowl actually glows. I can leave it out on the counter. I fill it up as I'm cooking and when I'm done, it's ONE TRIP to the garbage disposal or garbage. It's out of reach of my dog. I use this every single day - it's such a simple idea and it saves me so much time that I'm irritated I didn't think of it myself. No stains, and it's dishwasher-safe, although I normally just swipe it with a damp paper towel. I recommend this esoteric little must-have; after just a few weeks, I wouldn't part with it.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 02:50 pm
Quote:
and leaving a mixing bowl out on my sink to hold refuse looks like, well, it looks like a dirty mixing bowl.

OMIGOD! Not a dirty mixing bowl!

(How does she manage to keep her mixing bowl clean when she's using it for, ya know, mixing?)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:01 pm
sozobe wrote:
Quote:
and leaving a mixing bowl out on my sink to hold refuse looks like, well, it looks like a dirty mixing bowl.

OMIGOD! Not a dirty mixing bowl!

(How does she manage to keep her mixing bowl clean when she's using it for, ya know, mixing?)

Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies