Wall Paint Colour

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:23 pm
I need to decide on paint colour scheme for my living room, dinning area and hall way that will go well with the furniture fabric colour but i am really not good with deciding on paint colours.

I am also painting baseboard and crown and I am thinking of white. What do you think?

Currently I have two tones in my living room which is china rose (which i dont like) and hardwood floor with dark chocolate brown furniture. (furniture fabric is something like mud green)

What paint colour do you guys think would compliment my furniture as well as easy to work with as i would have to paint dinning area, stair wall and hallway same colour. I am really confused and I dont want to pick something and regret :tape:

http://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/22e26235063fe5ee_8-8232/home-design.jpg

http://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/832277de063fe5ef_8-8229/home-design.jpg

http://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/d5f25928063fe5f0_8-8222/home-design.jpg

http://st.hzcdn.com/simgs/f78254e3063fe5f3_8-8225/home-design.jpg

I would really appreciate any help that you can provide.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 9 • Views: 1,511 • Replies: 5
Topic Closed
No top replies

ossobuco

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 03:55 pm
@straightup,
People differ on what they like. I don't mind what you have already, it has a bit of elegance, but is also a tad boring, while being "nice". If you do white, I'd go for a cream white, not stark bright white. (I'm not your biggest white fan, but that is just me.) I rather like the bottom level of the paint choice but would play with the top first.

I was partner in a landscape design business and we were fairly often asked for paint color opinions re exterior or interior spaces, a tricky business since people do feel their own connections to colors, and just picking one for somebody re what combo is seen often in Architectural Digest this year may not satisfy. I used to have great thick bound color sample "books" that were so much fun to wade through.. and of course, there are good paint stores and poor paint stores all around, with paint chips galore.

Funny story - we were hired to choose colors for the renovation of the offices and big building spaces of a city dump..
That was fun.

I would suggest taking into consideration the nature of the architecture/furniture style plus the place surrounding the building. If you live in fog-ville, you might be attracted to different colors than if you lived in near constant sunshine with occasional cloudbursts of rain. On architecture - a good hundred year old bungalow cries for different colors than a present day ad agency (well, usually).

Then there is personal attraction to colors, some you'd find almost delicious and some would approach or actually be horrible to you.

On painting - that's the easies thing to fix.

Have fun.
ossobuco

Mon 9 Nov, 2015 04:06 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll add, put color chips up on the wall, or swaths of material of varied colors up there. Look at them in differing light, bright light through windows, low light from small lamps. What some chip at at a paint shop looks like might not be how it looks in your room.
mayrarod719

Thu 9 Feb, 2017 04:40 pm
@ossobuco,
I would paint a dark blue in the living room because light colors are easy to get stained and would damage the color of the wall.
0 Replies

omar15

Tue 9 Jan, 2018 10:29 am
@straightup,
i would paint dark green , it will make it more attractive and get the sights to it
0 Replies

Hobb Nathan

Thu 5 Sep, 2019 10:28 am
@straightup,
i think sky blue is best
0 Replies