link
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 585 • Replies: 15
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:56 am
"The U.S. military must remain apolitical at all times and in all ways," wrote the chairman, Adm. Mike Mullen, the nation's highest-ranking officer. "It is and must always be a neutral instrument of the state, no matter which party holds sway."

I agree wholeheartedly with this statement.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:04 am
I think they should march on the White House and arrest the rogue CIC who abused his authority and lied them into war.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:15 am
blueflame1 wrote:
I think they should march on the White House and arrest the rogue CIC who abused his authority and lied them into war.

I understand your feelings on this, and, as you probably know, I share your assessment of the CIC. However, I do not believe that to be the function of the military. In the first place, not all of them would agree with that proposition, so, discipline and cohesion would quickly vanish. Disarray and confusion would cripple the ability to be effective on all levels.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:22 am
edgarblythe, the military is sworn to defend us against all enemies. Whether Bushie is an enemy of the state is debatable. The times are extraodinary so much so that a former NSA Brezinski warned the Senate Intel Committee of possible false flag terror attacks by the Bushie administration against Americans. That's an amazing historical happening.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:24 am
blueflame1 wrote:
edgarblythe, the military is sworn to defend us against all enemies. Whether Bushie is an enemy of the state is debatable. The times are extraodinary so much so that a former NSA Brezinski warned the Senate Intel Committee of possible false flag terror attacks by the Bushie administration against Americans. That's an amazing historical happening.

Agreed. However, the reality on the ground, among the troops, is not unanimous with your view.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:26 am
edgarblythe, I'm well aware of that.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:35 am
I know, but it had to be said. I would not be too upset to see GW Bush charged for his crimes. However, he will soon be leaving office. That's some consolation.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:39 am
Something spurred the Admiral into writting his letter. Allegedly there are Generals threatening to quit should Bushie bomb Iran.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:46 am
The top brass seems to be pretty restive over the situation.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:54 pm
"FOR THOUSANDS of Americans, Memorial Day will be a personal, intimate day of grief for loved ones who died in Iraq for a cause that was not deserving of them.

There is no more appropriate time for the rest of us to consider why so many didn't know then what they know now about Iraq. There is no more appropriate time to vow that, from now on,
the United States will heed the words of President John F. Kennedy to "never negotiate out of fear but never fear to negotiate."

That is the best way to honor our war dead"
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/opinion/20080523_LET_S_REMEMBER_TO_NOT_START_ANOTHER_WAR.html
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 02:41 pm
Hi Rama.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 03:09 pm
Blueflame
Greetings.
Don't for get to read this speech.

http://yesmagazine.org/article.asp?ID=2640
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 04:38 pm
Rama, "For the super rich, if we run out of oil, there is always enthanol. Meanwhile desperate mothers watch helplessly as their babies die for lack of food."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 05:12 pm
In my own opinion, due to certain constituencies feeling they must win this election, it is easy to conceive that some people in the media might be willing to interview active military personnel and feed them leading questions, designed to make the country's policies look negative.

So, since an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, as the saying goes, it makes a lot of sense to remind active military that the military takes orders from the civilian Commander In Chief, and it is not appropriate to comment publicly about what the Commander In Chief has the military doing.

This is done in all sorts of organizations; reminding personnel that it is inappropriate to comment publicy on what the organization is doing.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:30 pm
When the military becomes active in politics kiss all your freedoms goodby. If we had a congress worth a dam they would exert control over the president. They have the authority but not the ba-ls.
0 Replies