Would you give your life to get Gore the votes in Florida?

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 01:30 am
Would you give your life to get Gore the 100+ votes in Florida he needed to be president in 2000?

I would.

I think my life is worth 3000+ dead young soldgers in Iraq and tens of thousands who lost their arms and legs and will never be able to work again, and the hundreds of thousands of dead and handicapped Iraqis as well.

I think my life is worth the 2 trillion dollars that Iraq is going to cost us when disability benefits, veterans benefits and the actual war spending is taken into account.

Not to mention the massive f**k up that Bush ended up being in regards to the economy, Katrina, income inequity, the environment, oil prices, the mortgage and loan crisis, and pretty much every other challenge the Bush administration was faced with, or brought upon itself.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,370 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 02:59 am
Quote:
I would.

Here take this:

http://itsgettinghotinhere.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/gun.jpg

You already know where Bush can be found.

It will have the same effect as voting Gore... well it would have if you had the balls in 2003. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 03:20 am
I am not that patriotic even in my own country...
0 Replies

Centroles

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:46 pm
4 No votes and only one Yes vote.

That's just downright pathetic.

I bet even Bush is patriotic enough to give his life to save the lives of 3000 troops.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 08:01 pm
Never been much of a martyr.. they kinda scare me.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 08:09 pm
Centroles wrote:
4 No votes and only one Yes vote.

That's just downright pathetic.

I bet even Bush is patriotic enough to give his life to save the lives of 3000 troops.

i added to your "pathetic" vote.

would you also go back in time to put a bullet in hitler's head? or stalin's? would you have given your life to stop them from coming to power?

bush, as a president of the united states, probably considers himself pretty "patriotic" ... there's a difference between loving your country (patriotism) and loving its people (humanitarianism) ... and, at any rate ... it's not really a question of "patriotism", is it? bush's actions have not affected america-in-a-vacuum.

"martyr" was totally the right word.

not that i'm calling the question downright stupid, or something.
Centroles

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:17 am
@anastasia,
Given these past few months, is anyone here willing to change their vote.

It took 300 years of screwups for Rome to fall.

These idiots managed to do it in 8.
Robert Gentel

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2008 12:25 am
@Centroles,
No, I'm with nimh. Martyrs are scary. This reminds me of a quote I first read in The Catcher in the Rye:

“The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.” -- Psychologist Wilhelm Stekel
0 Replies