Going on the worst vacation next week

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 09:37 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
And yup, dating a new chick. She sucks. Gross looking, totally doesn't like to cook, is really dumb, has a shitty career, we don't get along, and she hates sex.

No sex?? So, what's left? You do her hair?
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:09 am
all three hairs. he braids them under the soft shine of the moon light... or was it moonshine?
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:03 am
Quote:
My friend I went with actually dropped $900 on a rug. Impulse purchase.

That may actually have been a bargain.

Quote:
Was a little shocking at first staying with a billionaire and living that lifestyle...$50 million property, elevator in the house, server staff 24/7, police guard outside the house at all times...one night our host didn't feel like going out, so he sent my friend and I out with a driver and a plain clothed police officer.

Not too shabby!

Quote:
And yup, dating a new chick. She sucks. Gross looking, totally doesn't like to cook, is really dumb, has a shitty career, we don't get along, and she hates sex.

Yeah. You think I just fell off the turnip truck? Razz

Anyways, sounds like you had a great time on the trip! Smile
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 11:26 am
$900? In Turkey? I don't think it's a bargain... They made a pretty penny on you, but then again it's still cheaper than if you were buying it here.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 12:33 pm
I still say it may have been a bargain. I've seen people drop anywhere from $1,000-$2,000 (sometimes more) for a nice Turkish carpet.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:35 pm
yes, but that doesn't mean they paid a reasonable price Smile

when i was in turkey, i and my sister befriended a rug maker. I paid $50 for a rug. It was small, but... $ 50. And I got a silk person rug that I have to this day for about $35 at the time..... So, 900 might not be a lot out on the market, but the market is ridiculously overpriced is all I'm saying.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:37 pm
silk persian.... not person Laughing

though i would not turn a silk person down either.

This all was also in 1995 or so.... so considerable time back.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 03:43 pm
I didn't drop $900 on a rug, nor would I. It was a really nice rug, and the store was in a National Geographic magazine. Supposedly it was a good deal and is a rug you'd pay a lot more than that for in the US.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 04:14 pm
Quote:
yes, but that doesn't mean they paid a reasonable price

Dear God. You win, ok? It wasn't a bargain.

Have a nice day.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 04:35 pm
Slappy, I noticed some fuzziness in the photos. Was that due to a Turkish earthquake or the photographer getting hammered?

PS Thanks for the pics; the nudes were an added bonus.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 04:52 pm
Ha!
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 04:55 pm
jespah should be in advertising. Laughing
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:45 pm
slappy, I'm really disappointed that you paid US$900 for a rug. Didn't they tell you that you had to negotiate the price downward about 60% first? The trick was to offer $400 for the rug, then walk out of the shop. If they let you "walk," it means your offer was too low-balled.

How many knots per square inch? Was it made of wool or cotton? Rayon? Silk?

Well, at least you have a souvenir that you can look at every day and remember your Trieste in Turkey.

BTW, you could have "bought" a dozen women for that much.

Hagia Sofia was one recommendation, but did you visit Mohammed's footprint and John the Baptist's hand?

One definition for turkey is "bomb."
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:43 pm
Jespah,

Yes, it has been brought to my attention the lack of my photography skills in some of those pictures. My excuse is, the palace we toured did not allow flashes. So I shut my flash off on my camera, and probably didn't adjust the settings properly. I just usually point & click.

CI, are you serious? Well if you are, I did not pay $900 for the rug, my friend did. And he did negotiate, that wasn't asking price. I did purchase numerous things, and haggled quite a bit. Including for a TERRIBLE looking belly dancing outfit I gave this girl, who HATES giving me strip teases, and looks AWFUL in it. It's not slutty looking at all.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:57 pm
Quote:
The trick was to offer $400 for the rug, then walk out of the shop. If they let you "walk," it means your offer was too low-balled.

Then you walk back into the shop and say, "I just want to be sure you heard what I said............... I said $900, and not a penny more!"
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:24 pm
Actually, the way it works is there is a level of negotiation that goes on. They ask $900, you offer $400. They offer $750, you offer $440. You don't want to offer more than 50 percent of their asking price. If they let you walk out at $440, you know it was too low.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 08:08 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
Quote:
The trick was to offer $400 for the rug, then walk out of the shop. If they let you "walk," it means your offer was too low-balled.

Then you walk back into the shop and say, "I just want to be sure you heard what I said............... I said $900, and not a penny more!"

Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 08:06 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Jespah,

Yes, it has been brought to my attention the lack of my photography skills in some of those pictures. My excuse is, the palace we toured did not allow flashes. So I shut my flash off on my camera, and probably didn't adjust the settings properly. I just usually point & click.

CI, are you serious? Well if you are, I did not pay $900 for the rug, my friend did. And he did negotiate, that wasn't asking price. I did purchase numerous things, and haggled quite a bit. Including for a TERRIBLE looking belly dancing outfit I gave this girl, who HATES giving me strip teases, and looks AWFUL in it. It's not slutty looking at all.

Hey, blurry Turkey is still Turkey. Smile
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 25 Jun, 2008 08:28 am
jespah wrote:
Hey, blurry Turkey is still Turkey. Smile

That's what I say every Thanksgiving.
0 Replies

anastasia

Reply Fri 27 Jun, 2008 01:32 am
i put money on the slappy-doo-girl being quite ok.

where's m'damn pstcard?

and you didn't see the cistern, did you?

<winks>
0 Replies