@alex240101,
alex, it seems cruel to laugh, but really...<snort>
Tai Chi

Reply Sat 27 Feb, 2010 06:38 pm
@Tai Chi,
Tai Chi wrote:

alex, it seems cruel to laugh, but really...<snort>

Payback...

Using the pressure cooker tonight and leaned over to sniff the steam (explanation probably necessary -- sure I could time the broccoli but sometimes I end up with mushy broccoli --ugh -- so I sniff the steam. If it's just starting to smell cooked it's time to take it off the heat and release the pressure). Anyhoo, miscalculated and bumped my chin on the side of the cooker. Skin missing <ouch> Hope it doesn't scab. I have to work tomorrow.
mismi

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 06:13 am
@Tai Chi,
Poor Alex...

Tai Chi - How is the chin?
Tai Chi

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 06:15 am
@mismi,
I look like I cut myself shaving...very attractive!
mismi

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:03 am
@Tai Chi,
oof...so sorry Tai Chi! Trust me miscalculations are a constant here. Wink
High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:39 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Lesson: Always wear heels you can walk in!
....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8
(I have tears with this!)

You seem unfamiliar with models so drug-addled that they have been thrown out of rehab centers on grounds of violence and "terminal trashiness" while undergoing withdrawal from heroin etc at costs in excess of $10,000/day.

The trend started with Naomi Campbell (an English-passport-bearer convicted of assault in the US though never dispatched to prison due to expensive lawyers) collapsing on a runway, laughing uncontrollably, and then proceeding to call both her employers at the show (Vivienne Westwood shoes) and the bystanders "eurotrash" on a national TV show. Model agencies employing her dropped her like a hot potato with statements like "we wouldn't hire that one again if she was the last model left on earth" and then had to rehire that drama queen after her lawyers threatened legal action on grounds the firing was "racist". Watch this >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFSzgh1YQ0
> and think that you, too, are "eurotrash" if you only laugh at the white model (as you do) and do the same for the black one - crass hypocrisy rules, evidently. Nobody will touch her in the NY faswhion shows, but Nelson Mandela filed statements with a New York court after she admitted assaulting and causing "scalp lacerations" to a newly-hired hispanic maid. Mandela also concealed the status on his AIDS-dying son until the son died - anyone knows mortality and morbidity rates among blacks in South Africa or anywhere else? Doubt it.

Time for the idiotic "racism" criteria to be changed, perhaps?
Rockhead

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:46 am
@High Seas,
and then some folks just don't learn lessons very well.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:57 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

oof...so sorry Tai Chi! Trust me miscalculations are a constant here. Wink

Add a couple of other posters plus at least one "moderator" in that "miscalculation" (to be extremely charitable about repeated and inexcusable offenses) calculus - get a grip, "moderators" before you become the laughingstock of "social media" to which you claim to aspire Smile
Rockhead

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:58 am
@High Seas,
get some fibre and some more coffee, please.

and mebbe find a more appropriate place for your bullshit. Rolling Eyes
High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 08:01 am
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

get some fibre and some more coffee, please.

and mebbe find a more appropriate place for your bullshit.

Another medical expert online! Thank you so much, esteemed Dr. Med. rock-head! Ever considered changing your handle to "fossilized-brain arteries-veins-capillaries-head"? Would suit you so much better, specially if Jespah hires you on as moderator - fiber and coffee, LOL Smile
Rockhead

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 08:02 am
@High Seas,
I bet the ladies love you at dinner parties...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 04:57 pm
@High Seas,
High Seas wrote:

Izzie wrote:

Lesson: Always wear heels you can walk in!
....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0eINGyJHz8
(I have tears with this!)

You seem unfamiliar with models so drug-addled that they have been thrown out of rehab centers on grounds of violence and "terminal trashiness" while undergoing withdrawal from heroin etc at costs in excess of $10,000/day.

The trend started with Naomi Campbell (an English-passport-bearer convicted of assault in the US though never dispatched to prison due to expensive lawyers) collapsing on a runway, laughing uncontrollably, and then proceeding to call both her employers at the show (Vivienne Westwood shoes) and the bystanders "eurotrash" on a national TV show. Model agencies employing her dropped her like a hot potato with statements like "we wouldn't hire that one again if she was the last model left on earth" and then had to rehire that drama queen after her lawyers threatened legal action on grounds the firing was "racist". Watch this >
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHFSzgh1YQ0
> and think that you, too, are "eurotrash" if you only laugh at the white model (as you do) and do the same for the black one - crass hypocrisy rules, evidently. Nobody will touch her in the NY faswhion shows, but Nelson Mandela filed statements with a New York court after she admitted assaulting and causing "scalp lacerations" to a newly-hired hispanic maid. Mandela also concealed the status on his AIDS-dying son until the son died - anyone knows mortality and morbidity rates among blacks in South Africa or anywhere else? Doubt it.

Time for the idiotic "racism" criteria to be changed, perhaps?

Perhaps, the "racism" lesson needs to be learned by many.

You seem unfamiliar (as you have done before) with the people whom you choose to berate. Though you may be well read and know much about the world, you appear to know little about the lives of the people here whom you address personally, leave alone what I would or wouldn't know, how or why I comment.

Knee-jerk responders anonymous club is looking for more members.

High Seas

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 06:42 pm
@Izzie,
I've no idea what you're talking about - or how your personal details (with which I'm certainly unfamiliar) might be pertinent to the fashion business.

You thought the tripping and collapsing models were funny? Fine, specially if you know exactly what caused them to fall - drugs, not shoes. The knee-jerk offense-taking for no-discernible-reason club blackballed you? You probably confused "berate" with "blackball", or you think the latter "racist".

You want to get understood, try explaining instead of assuming the worst from completely unknown parties.
Seed

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:05 pm
@mismi,
Jalapeno peppers are hot. When I was in 10th grade, me and some friends went to a local eatery. They made great salads and put said peppers on the side. I am a bit of a show off, and I loved being the center of attention. i would do anything on a dare, and wouldn't think twice about it.

I was 16 at the time and our waitress, probably in college or something, was pretty hot. I remember flirting with her. After she had left towards the end of our meal, my friends dared me to eat two of the jalapeno peppers. Of course, I couldn't say no. To make things worse, someone brought it to the attention of the waitress, and not to be embarrassed, I asked her if she would like to watch a "man" eat some hot peppers.

She laughed and said that she had never seen someone do it. So I threw the first one in my mouth and ate it without a hitch. It was warm, but I felt that it was nothing I couldn't handle. I put the second one in my mouth and eat it just fine. Things start getting hot and I do my best to keep my cool. Though that doesn't last long. By the time the waitress came back around, my face was red, sweat was dripping down my face and I was drinking everyone's soda. It didn't do any good. All my friends were laughing at me and so was the waitress. I ask her to bring me so milk, and she does, in a little kiddie cup. It does nothing for me. So she brings the milk jug to fill up my cup and I take it from her and start drinking from the jug only to find out that the milk is spoiled and I end up spiting out curdled milk and throwing up.

One of the most embarrassing moments of my life.
mismi

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:08 pm
@Seed,
You stud, you.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:21 pm
@High Seas,
Shoo....go on....find another place to do this. Anyway, it may very well have been the shoes and not drugs in this case. Do you know for a fact that this particular model was on drugs?

This thread is suppose to be in fun. I would appreciate it if it stayed that way.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 2 Mar, 2010 07:49 pm
@mismi,
Yes, she does, that model is famous for years.
I think models being wacko is a multi-opportunity experience while many are not, wacko, that is. Ok, thin.

I have my own agenda against high heels. Not an entirely concerted agenda, I get liking them, but at my age, I have friends with messed up feet seemingly from them. If I had walked on them past when I did, me with high arch and less flexible metatarsals.. thus thwacking the base, concrete, whatever, over the years, I'd be a mess.

Re link giving, the last thing Izzie is is racist.

High Seas, if you want to argue this with me, could you start a separate thread, or pm me.

This thread is about what we each do that is dumb.

0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 3 Mar, 2010 11:30 am
@Seed,
Don't feel bad - I dared a bozo to do something similar (and he was in his mid 20s at the time). We were all out at a bar getting pizza and beer after a softball game.

The waitress had brought over these tiny paper cups with the red hot pepper that you can sprinkle on your pizza - which I love. We were talking about these peppers and being a little bit of a trouble maker and knowing that this guy would do anything to impress a girl, I said hey I dare you to take a shot of the hot pepper, if you do I will (knowing full well I am not stupid enough to do so).

The bonehead took the bait. A second later his face turned red, he was sweating - I thought he was going to puke. And we all, being the caring the group we are, laughed our a$$es off.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 05:47 pm
So, today, a day like any other day, I try to open a jar. Sometimes I have a hard time with jars that seem to have somehow been closed with a vacuum device, so that if you do get them open they sort of gasp. I don't mean the botulism type of problem, just like the jar was hard to open due to some air pressure thing. (Is that perfectly clear?)

The jar is small, filled with herring in wine sauce. I'm trying to eat more fish, as it happens.
I try to wrest the lid open with a firm grasp of my hand, but no.
I try the trick I heard of from Dlowan, turn the jar over, smack the lid on the counter. No, I think because the lid has two levels, slightly taller at the edges.
I try the rubber glove to improve my grasp maneuver. No.
I try my old standby, whacking the middle of the lid with the bottom of a knife. No.
I try the whack the side of the lid with a big knife routine. No.
I let the matter go for a few hours.
I am remembering when I had to drag a giant jar of olives back to Costco some years ago, to have them open it for me...
Time goes by,
I try the rubber glove again, this time nearly ruining my hand.
I am irritated, as this little bottle of herring wasn't exactly cheap, compared to, say, a tin of sardines.
I whack the side of the lid some more with a big knife.

Suddenly the light dawns. There is something along the edge.
Yes, yes, a near invisible plastic seal. Simply break that and open.
I do. Now the wine/oil that is bathing the herring flows down the side of the jar. I wipe it up with a paper towel.
I put jar in refrigerator.
Maybe tomorrow I'll eat one.

mismi

Reply Sat 1 May, 2010 06:21 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh Osso - so many times I have done things just like that. I understand. Smile
0 Replies