Lessons Learned...Stupid Things We Do..

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:10 am
@Joeblow,
Did it break up the fight?

I would just imagine that your failure at exiting in an angry manner and being forced to shallow your pride by knocking to be let back in - would have caused huge laughter between the brothers. So in effect your "grand" exit caused the fight to end!
Joeblow

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 08:44 am
@Linkat,
Hell NO. The only one laughing was me!

Snork.

How embarrassing.

Linkat

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:26 am
@Joeblow,
Then I would assume he is an ex-boyfriend now - certainly couldn't like some one without a good sense of humor.
panzade

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:44 am
@George,
chortle
0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:46 am
@Linkat,
He was a swell guy really, just inexperienced and too caught up in the moment to allow any humour to sneak in. But, yeah. A long ago ex.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 10:07 am
not funny at the time...
our duplicate bridge club rents a hall at the local synagogue and I get a little hungry after the third hour or so. So one day I'm munching a sandwich on a sit-out and a lady comes up and starts screaming "How dare you bring pork into a temple of worship"!...
50 people turned as one as I spluttered "But it's a ham and cheese sandwich"...

I had to go to the rabbi's office and apologize...
tres embarrassing
Joeblow

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 10:24 am
@panzade,
Ahahaha!

You poor bugger.

(wipes tears).
mismi

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 09:41 am
@Joeblow,
Quote:
I had to KNOCK after my righteous leavetaking.

Lesson learned: No more Grand exits.

I HATE it when that happens. Spoiled Grand Exits suck.

Panzade - I w0uld have done the same thing. I would not have connected the two...'spose it's a good thing - makes us better and all of that. Still - horrid thing to happen....so sorry.

This last week I went to the beach with a bunch of girl friends. In my old age I have become quite the conservative when it comes to being a dare devil. But I was trying to be a good sport and decided to go along with renting a Seadoo to do some wave jumping.

After seeing a few too many Shark Weeks on Discovery Channel, I have a fear of sharks. Just the "what if" freaks me out a bit. I know it is not likely - but common sense and a rampant imagination do not always go together. So I am on the back of the Seadoo with my daring diva of a friend and she is jumping every wave in sight...I am holding on the best I can, squeezing my buns and gripping with my knees the best I can - but to no avail - I am still finding air beneath me - my hold on sister the only thing keeping me from flying off to float in the deep blue of Gulf waters.

And I spot it...a dorsal fin. Is it a dolphin? Is it a shark? I am pretty sure it is a dolphin...but what if it is not? The panic that seized me was unbelievable...and the inevitable happens...she hits a doozy of a wave straight on...the weeble wobble of my tensed muscles gives way and some how the strangle hold on my friend gives way...and I go flying...into the water - with the dorsal fin.

My common sense tells me that I should be calm and quickly swim to the sea doo and get myself back on. But somehow I am crying. I know. It is sickening. I am indeed a weeny. The bravery of my youth has left me...and I am limp with the "what if's". So getting back on the sea doo proves to be difficult. And once on - I BEG my friend to be easy...thankfully an older friend grabs hold and climbs on - the younger gets over to the other (two younger whipper snappers who love to sea doo) and I - in my own control can jump the waves...much better. But I lost my sun glasses in the spill and I bet that shark ate them. I think it had more to do with not being in control...at least that is what I like to think...but I fear I have become an old goat.

Lesson: If you are going to go wave jumping in your 40's...be the one that steers the doo. Never let the young'uns (in their 30's) run the show when there be sharks (maybe) in the water.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 10:05 am
Oh Miss Mi . . . i had never looked in this thread before . . . alas, my image of you as the svelt, lithe seductrix is forever shattered . . .
mismi

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 11:40 am
@Setanta,
Really? huh. Who knew? You really thought I was a seductress? Well...you hain't been reading much of me fer sure. I flirt at best. Seduce? ehhhhh....well - that just makes me laugh!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 11:56 am
It was all about image, Darlin' . . . in the virtual world, we can't trade spit anyway, just electrons . . .
mismi

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 12:33 pm
@Setanta,
I'm actually a little offended Set. I keep trying to figure out what is so offensive about all these exploits.... Klutziness? You are not so shallow. OHHH yeah...the bungee jumping incident and the water enema...yeah...I can see where that would blow the ol' seductress image. Oh well. <sigh>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2009 01:25 pm
You crack me up, Darlin' . . . i genuinely laughed aloud . . .
mismi

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 02:48 pm
@Setanta,
Well, at least I am entertaining if not a seductrix Wink
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 02:49 pm
If you got a RC and a Moonpie to throw in there, i'm yours forever . . . least till The Girl gets home . . .
mismi

Reply Tue 16 Jun, 2009 03:11 pm
@Setanta,
You kidding? It's a Mobile tradition...I'll send you a crate of each. Give Bethie a hug from me...and you can both make a toast to me with your R.C.'s Wink
Chocolate, Vanilla or Banana? I even saw orange...do not suggest that one though. Ew.

Oh, I just thought of another lesson learned...but it may not be such a good idea to share it...it involves Canadian Mist, Mardi Gras and a Portolet. Nah...I will let you ruminate on how that little scenario played out. Yikes.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 07:51 am
Marinated the refrigerator.
Linkat

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 10:43 am
Answer a Leona Banks question seriously
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 9 Nov, 2009 11:02 am
@alex240101,
alex240101 wrote:

Marinated the refrigerator.

Don't you need a really big bowl or tupperware container for that? And what would you marinate it with? Salad dressing? Hot sauce? Wink
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 26 Feb, 2010 05:59 pm
Hello Mismi. You should of told me to toss it in the garbage.,..but no,. it was my great aunts. The can opener was missing two teeth on its gears,..it always left a few spots uncut on a standard sized lid, and, I, always had to use my fingers to pry and twist lid off. Decided to recycle the glass olive jar, after dishwasher. Pulled label off hot jar, label glue stuck perfectly to finally stopped bleeding gash. Put under cold water, hardening glue.
Acetone to remove. I sure did carry a note, and it was not fa or la.
Three for the price of one.