Ted Kennedy Has Malignant Brain Tumor

Gala

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:20 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Gala wrote:
The man's a fixture.

Massachusetts has long said "He may be an idiot, but he's our idiot."

Ha. And I'm originally from Rhode Island where his offspring Patrick "Patches" is a congressman. He's had his fair share of troubles too, but boy, does he have the common touch. He lives in a working class neighborhood with the aging Irish population-- They love him.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:22 pm
cjhsa wrote:
his irrational thought patterns over the years.

I just figured maybe he hit his head on the dashboard of his Oldsmobile as it headed south at a fairly steep angle.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:33 pm
Compassion and human feelings seems to have gone out of style here on a2k. Shame!
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:36 pm
Well, that's reserved for those the wingnuts consider "deserving" of their Christian forgiveness and love.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:58 pm
snood wrote:
Well, that's reserved for those the wingnuts consider "deserving" of their Christian forgiveness and love.
yes i agree, on the other hand the more those "people" make their opinions known the less their candidates have any change at winning any election. The majority of americans do not support the totally irrational bigotry and blind hatred exhibited by such as shiksa, mcg, H2o man et al.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:17 pm
snood wrote:

I remember heaps of compassion served up by a certain segment here at A2K upon learning of Jerry Falwell's passing last year.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 03:32 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:

I remember heaps of compassion served up by a certain segment here at A2K upon learning of Jerry Falwell's passing last year.
though I don't personally remember a Jerry Falwell thread/topic, point is well taken. The question I would pose is (1) because someone was not compassionate on that thread it is fair game to display inappropriate comments re Ted kennedy? or (2) it is inappropriate regardless of who does it about whom? which can I guess are you saying Tico?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:07 pm
Kennedy stood up for the little guy, we're told.

Yes, he was very vocal in his opposition to waterboarding.

Said it was barbaric that anyone could in good conscience cause someone to think they were drowning.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:15 pm
real life wrote:

Said it was barbaric that anyone could in good conscience cause someone to think they were drowning.
yes indeed and the war hero McCain spent his war years resting in some Hilton where he fathered some black children.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:24 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:

I was against that piling on, as well.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:41 pm
real life wrote:

Unfortunately, what happened to Ms Kopechne and Sen Kennedy could have happened to any of us who made the mistake of getting behind the wheel of a car drunk. And I would say that is a good 30% of the people who post here. Even most of the teetotalers have probably driven recklessly enough to have cause someone's death. In fact, although the incident was covered up, it has been said that our current First Lady may have been guilty of manslaughter (or even murder!) It really gets me that all these holier than thou types, many of who profess Christianity act in such an unforgiving and un-Christian manner in judging others and condemning them just because their political views differ.

My thought and prayers go out to Ted Kennedy, a great and beloved man and tireless crusader for the less fortunate,
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:01 pm
The final chapter for Camelot.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 08:06 pm
I was never a fan of JFK. I warmed up to Bobby when he embraced the left and sought to lead the nation out of war. It took years for me to recognize the worth of Edward. I do not admire much about his personal life, but his politics have often been the only saving grace for the Senate, in my view.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 10:13 pm
dyslexia wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:

though I don't personally remember a Jerry Falwell thread/topic, point is well taken. The question I would pose is (1) because someone was not compassionate on that thread it is fair game to display inappropriate comments re Ted kennedy? or (2) it is inappropriate regardless of who does it about whom? which can I guess are you saying Tico?

IMO, it's inappropriate in this and in that thread.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:48 am
Dys, does your condition prevent you from reading/understanding the TOS?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:57 am
I am serious when I say I hope he dies of old age and not cancer. Cancer is a horrible way to go.

Still, I have no sympathy for the bastard. He's been nothing but a pain in the ass blowhard for his entire career. "Stood up for the little guy"? Can you say "pandering for votes"? He voted for more taxes on the public that his family trust was exempt from than one can imagine.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:11 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
real life wrote:

Unfortunately, what happened to Ms Kopechne and Sen Kennedy could have happened to any of us who made the mistake of getting behind the wheel of a car drunk. And I would say that is a good 30% of the people who post here. Even most of the teetotalers have probably driven recklessly enough to have cause someone's death. In fact, although the incident was covered up, it has been said that our current First Lady may have been guilty of manslaughter (or even murder!) It really gets me that all these holier than thou types, many of who profess Christianity act in such an unforgiving and un-Christian manner in judging others and condemning them just because their political views differ.

My thought and prayers go out to Ted Kennedy, a great and beloved man and tireless crusader for the less fortunate,

Getting behind the wheel while drunk isn't a 'mistake' , it's a crime. As is leaving someone to die.

The hypocrisy of Kennedy railing against 'intentionally making someone think they are drowning' is rich, but easily accepted by the koolaid drinkers of the left who have accomodated Senator KKK Byrd of WV as 'Dean of the Senate' for years (Byrd is still my personal recommendation for Obama's running mate -- just think, someone with a racist AND terrorist background! Obama has shown he accepts both.)

That being said, I've already said I hope he recovers. And I sincerely do. I wish him no personal ill whatsoever. I do have sympathy for the personal suffering he's enduring , and for the great suffering that is ahead.

That doesn't mean I have to think him a great man or a great patriot, because he's not.
0 Replies