Edwards endorses Obama

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:15 pm
Breaking!

This could turn the trickle of SDs into a flood.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 762 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:17 pm
Premature.

Patience is a virtue oft-rewarded.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:37 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Premature.

Thanks for giving us your opinion.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:39 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Premature.

Thanks for giving us your opinion.

You're welcome.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:40 pm
Wheee!

What's premature though, Cycloptichorn? The rumor, when Roxxxanne posted it? Seems confirmed now.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:42 pm
sozobe wrote:
Wheee!

What's premature though, Cycloptichorn? The rumor, when Roxxxanne posted it? Seems confirmed now.

Lol, I had heard rumors all day, but she posted literally the minute CNN confirmed on the top of their page.

He hasn't actually endorsed yet - but he's gonna.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:43 pm
You and your rumors! :-)

Yeah, he's going to at 6:20, doesn't seem to be any doubt as of now.

Can't wait to see it!
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 04:03 pm
I wish he'd done it earlier. This is more an admission of Obama's success in claiming the nomination.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:16 pm
engineer wrote:
I wish he'd done it earlier. This is more an admission of Obama's success in claiming the nomination.

or an admission that j.e. wouldn't mind being v.p. :wink:
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:50 pm
When Edwards and Obama raised arms after the introduction, they sure looked like a potential winning ticket.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:55 pm
Yeah... I think their messages just don't quite jibe though.

Edwards -- there are two Americas. We need to tear down the wall between them and make one.

Obama -- don't slice and dice us; we worship a mighty God in the blue states and we have gay friends in red states.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:09 pm
Edwards would make a great AG. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/attytood/Barack_on_torture.html
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:13 pm
Not Edwards for veep. Well, first off, I don't think there's as much to who is on the "ticket" as seems to be the prevailing wisdom. Seems a lot of cache is extrapolated as coming from the choice of veep that I don't really see. I mean, yeah I guess it would matter if the 2nd banana was a complete cretin, or obviously and decisively outshone the pres candidate, but other than that...?

BUT, if we are trying to guess who might lend some wind to the sails of the dem candidate, I would say to take on someone not so much aligned with you on everything - or (and this may be more important) not perceived as being aligned with you on everything.

I think Edwards would be perceived by the bubbas and bubbettes (hope that's not offensive - it WAS a well known and popularly used term in other recent presidential elections) as being "more of the same". I think someone like Jim Webb might be perceived as lending some balance to the ticket.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 09:36 am
snood wrote:
I think someone like Jim Webb might be perceived as lending some balance to the ticket.

i like jim webb a lot too. obama may be the velvet glove. this time the ticket will need a iron fist to go along with all of the shiny happy people stuff.

my edwards comment was meant more as a joke. i really like the guy, but his performance with kerry was astoundingly weak. could have rubbed off on him, but why take chances if you don't have to. his prez run this time didn't have a lot of oomph either. for what ever reason he just isn't connecting with people in that undefinable place that turns a fan into a supporter.

on the other hand, i don't see webb allowing himself to be bullied around in a debate or other exchange.
0 Replies