Would you help pay off Hillary's debt?

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:47 am
Isn't this old news? Several weeks ago it was announced that the two campaigns had formed an agreement and created a separate fund in which both campaigns would do fundraising for and the proceeds would go toward paying off Clinton's debt.

I'll look back and see if I can find any links to old articles about it and post them here.

Edited to add:

Found it. Obama made his agreement with the DNC in April and Clinton made hers a couple weeks ago.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/05/14/obama-clinton-agree-to-dnc-fundraising-agreement/
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 02:00 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I've been reading a lot of comments from her online support crowd, and these people seem determined to not vote for Obama no matter what he does for her, even put her up as VP. And a lot of them truly are bitter fools, who can't see that McCain would be a disaster as president.
Cycloptichorn

I feel certain that many, many of these people (kinda like the "I'll never love again" types, after an ugly breakup) will get over this loss between now and November and vote for Obama, their party's nominee. In the meantime, why oh why should Obama have to placate her, kiss her big ol' butt, soothe her wounds, whatever? If the tables were turned, do you think she'd be so concerned about his hurt feelings? Or the feelings of his constituency? I think NOT.

She's a grownup and should be treated like one and not like some little girl who needs to be stroked when she doesn't get her way. Pullll-ease. Rolling Eyes As a female, I find that attitude very insulting, downright condescending even, and I hope Mr. Obama doesn't allow himself to be talked into going that route.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 12:46 pm
Quote:
Clinton has also officially forgiven the $13.2 million she personally loaned her campaign. Under the McCain-Feingold campaign finance law, presidential candidates who loan their campaigns money from personal funds may only be paid back if they do so by the national party convention -- in this case, the Democratic National Convention held last August in Denver.

Clinton began November with $985,000 in her campaign account and raised nearly $290,000 by the end of the month. Her campaign paid out $1.2 million, mainly to unpaid vendors, ending the month with $188,000 in the bank.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/21/clinton.debt/index.html

so no one is helping Hillary pay for her narcissistic prolonging of the campaign, for doing damage to the party candidate. This is how it should be, so that in the future individuals are not encouraged to damage the parties chances in the general election by not walking away after they have lost.
Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 01:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
how did she harm Obama? he's the mother ******* president elect.
And she has gotten a plumb job. too ******* bad if you don't like it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 01:57 pm
@Bi-Polar Bear,
I approve of Hillary being Sec State, and this is not about Hillary. It is about the future, making sure that others are not tempted to follow her bad example.

the parties best interest always must take priority over personal ambition, those who violate this boundary must be punished to discourage others from doing the same wrong.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 21 Dec, 2008 03:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
I wish the campaign could have gone on longer, so there'd have been a chance that Obama would have moved slightly more toward the centre from his seat on the right.
0 Replies