http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10314.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 767 • Replies: 14
No top replies

hanno

Reply Tue 13 May, 2008 08:51 pm
I don't disagree, I mean, **** happens and we think it was some other load of Americans what pissed 'em off, but when you want to do your own thing in your own time, everybody else wants to tell you different, I say buy the ticket, take the ride. At least if they make a move and we've thrown our weight around a bit we're not getting it like chumps...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 05:55 am
Yes, the Democratic Plan of immediate withdrawal is sickening.

While an direct attack on US Mainland is possible, what is more likely is an immediate attack on our embassy in Baghdad and military bases in the region.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:05 am
Hearing advice from GW is like listening to the DAily SHow for all your news. What a maroon.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 07:11 am
Quote:
For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Despite comparing the "War on Terror" to World War II, Bush has never asked the American people to make the kind of personal sacrifices that they willingly made from 1941 to 1945. Instead, Bush urged people to shop. But at least it's comforting to know that, while the American people bravely went to the malls in support of our troops, Bush himself made the ultimate sacrifice.

And so, Mr. I-Won't-Golf-Until-Our-Boys-Come-Home (Or-For-Nine-Months,-Whichever-Comes-First), a grateful nation salutes you! Now watch this drive!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:41 am
I sure hope that, for some reason, McCain doesn't get into the White House. That would be a disaster.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:50 am
Bear
We'd be a lot better off if George Hoover Bush stayed on the golf course and out of the White House---except for Dick Genghis Khan Cheney lurking behind the scenes. I'd whack both of them with a golf club.

BBB
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 08:51 am
woiyo wrote:
While an direct attack on US Mainland is possible, what is more likely is an immediate attack on our embassy in Baghdad and military bases in the region.

We don't have any military bases in the region, except for the ones we are building in Iraq, which was, as far as the PNAC was concerned, the reason for invading Iraq in the first place. All that horsesh*t about weapons of mass destruction, and veiled references to terrorism and September 11th was for the suckers.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 10:14 am
Quote:
For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families.

"I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal."

Good to see that Bush is pushing for some substantial sacrifices from the American people.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:36 am
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

We don't have any military bases in the region, except for the ones we are building in Iraq, which was, as far as the PNAC was concerned, the reason for invading Iraq in the first place. All that horsesh*t about weapons of mass destruction, and veiled references to terrorism and September 11th was for the suckers.

We have no bases in the Region? What happened to the bases in Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE???
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 11:44 am
woiyo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

We have no bases in the Region? What happened to the bases in Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, UAE???

They're now presidential golf courses.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 12:43 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
woiyo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

They're now presidential golf courses.
Laughing
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:11 pm
I guess we are supposed to admire Bush for giving up golf. Poor guy!

If there is so much hatred for us in Iraq, and I think there is, that our embassy will be a regular target, we should get out as soon as possible. We are not wanted.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 03:56 pm
People who can't spell "moron" are morons.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 14 May, 2008 06:18 pm
woiyo wrote:
Setanta wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Those are not our bases--they are facilities of the host nations which we have been allowed to use since the 1990-91 gulf war.
0 Replies