Men With Long Hair

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 May, 2008 12:11 am
Francis wrote:
ossobuco wrote:
Gallia est divisa in tres partes. (is that close?)

I don't know what you are talking about but Caesar said :

- Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est

So, I would say :

- Photographia in duas partes divisa est.

It's been 52 years since my first latin class. Did I not get the gist of it, however malaligned the order? But of course I applaud your take on Photographia...

Is malaligned a word? probably not. Misaligned seems too harsh to me.
0 Replies

abcdefgh

Reply Sun 14 Dec, 2008 10:16 pm
i m a sikh guy with long hair. i m suffering with traction alopecia. my religion doesn't allow me to cut my hair. but my doctor is suggesting to have a head shave, which i dont want to do. do i have any other option?

my hair length is few inches past my waist... right now i keep my hair open so as to reduse stress on it..
Chumly

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 02:36 am
@abcdefgh,
Wow that's long!
abcdefgh

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 03:37 am
@Chumly,
ya that long..... & i love my hair..... so u cud just imagine how difficult it is for me to even thinking to shaving off this much of long silky hair & going bald.... even in my religion also cutting hair is not allowed...... thats why i havn't even trimmed it right frm my childhood days...... so thats why i ws asking u ppl if u hv any option for me other than having a head shave.
Chumly

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 10:28 am
@abcdefgh,
This may help:

........ Traction Alopecia, a hair loss condition caused by damage to the dermal papilla and hair follicle by constant pulling or tension over a long period. It often occurs in persons who wears tight braids, especially "cornrows" that lead to high tension, pulling and breakage of hair.

This condition is most common in African-American women and men who braid their hair too tightly. It is also common in Sikh men of India and Japanese women whose traditional hair styles also pull and damage hair. Traction alopecia occurs more frequently in children, teenagers and young adults then it does in older women and men.

Traction alopecia is reversible if diagnosed early, but may lead to permanent hair loss if it is undetected for a protracted period. Hair loss is often in the frontal and temporal regions, but also depends on the hair style.(1) With those who wear cornrows, the area most commonly affected is that adjacent to the region that is braided.

http://www.traction-alopecia.com/
abcdefgh

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 12:48 pm
@Chumly,
this artile has told me the basic details but hvn't told any of the solution available.... it says hair grafting is one of the solution but i think for that also my hair has to be shaved off. so no help frm that.....
Chumly

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 01:24 pm
@abcdefgh,
There does not appear to be a solution, at least of the type I gather you are addressing. I might assume that you are religious, as such wouldn't prayer supply the solution you seek?
abcdefgh

Reply Mon 15 Dec, 2008 02:02 pm
@Chumly,
okkk.... so this mean i had to see this horrible day also......... seriously man.... it will b very difficult for me watching the scene that my beautiful long hair are just dropping on the ground & myself going bald..... i dont think it will be possible for me to grow such long hair again....... okk still it will take few days for me to make up my mind so if anybody founds any solution,plz post ASAP before i have shaved off......
abcdefgh

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 03:38 am
@abcdefgh,
so now, finally the day has arrived which i have not even thought of will happen with me. today one more sikh has died & new inder has emerged. i was literally shocked when i saw mirror after that. but thanks to 2 of my best friends who were with me whole time. as they were aware this would not be an easy task for me.
the scenario goes like this----------------

we(me & 2 of my friends, a boy (umesh) & a sikh girl (harshneet)). (the girl was getting my feelings as she is also a sikh.), sat together & decided that if i have to b healthy then i have to go through this trauma. then finally i decided to get a head-shave. firstly at home only, umesh said he will shave my beard. i havn't even trimmed my beard & now i have to just shave it off. the time when the first snip of scissor is done, i was like about to cry, but somehow i managed to resist myself, then after shaving my beard, we went to a saloon. the hair dresser was really shocked when i said just take all my hair off my head.... but then we told him the scenario & he also felt very bad.

the good thing was both of my friends were with me whole time. i was shivering when i saw the razor in his hands. then the barber washed my hair,i was thinking that bbyee my beautiful, long, silky hair,,,,, this is the last hair wash for them..... the barber also said that "Sir i have even trimmed many girl's hair but your hair is very beautifull, its silky at its fullest.... then after the hair wash comes the time of shaving.....

Umesh said that he will do the first run of razor. so he did. From the time he just kept the razor on my forehead, i was like crying very badly.... thanks to harshneet that she was there to take care of me otherwise i would ahve fainted.

then slowly & steadily the barber was running razor on my head & it was like someone is just breaking my heart. i was crying badly like a kid there.... then when the whole of my hair wa shaved off, then i just picked all my hair from ground & kept it with me.... i am still in trauma for this has happened to me but i think this is life... sometimes unexpected things happen... i will try to grow my hair back but i sont think that much long hair bcoz i have seen many of my sikh friends cutting their hair saying that they will grow back again but they hvn't grown.... i will try to grow my hair back again..... but this has been a very difficult time for me....
0 Replies

abcdefgh

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:48 pm
btw, can anyone suggest me something so that i can regrow my hair soon......
Rockhead

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 12:58 pm
@abcdefgh,
I can tell you it grows faster than you think it will.

I had my head shaved for promotional reasons until 3 years ago or so.

I disliked it to the point that I let my hair grow long, as I had worn it in my twenties, and had substantial length in two years...

good luck to you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:17 pm
@abcdefgh,
abcdefgh wrote:
btw, can anyone suggest me something so that i can regrow my hair soon......

Have you tried dousing your head in cat urine?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 01:24 pm
I'm sorry to hear of your long hair troubles, go for Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I use it daily!

http://www.oliveoilsource.com/oliveoildr-skin.htm
0 Replies

abcdefgh

Reply Tue 16 Dec, 2008 03:27 pm
hey thanks all for your suggestion........ bcoz seriously its a great shock to me watching my head shaved off & me gone bald.........
0 Replies