Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 06:46 am
Birth control people..

She is already pregnant again after giving birth on May 8th.

For christs sake..

18 kids

[/QUOTE]In this Aug. 2, 2007 file photo, Michelle Duggar, left, is surrounded by her children and husband Jim Bob, tsecond from left, after the birth of her 17th child in Rogers, Ark. The Duggars announced on Friday, May 9, 2008 that they are expecting their 18th child.
Quote:
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,351 • Replies: 39
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 06:49 am
Quote:
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar married July 21st, 1984. At that time, they chose to use the birth control pill. They thought, "We don't want children right now. We can't afford them. We want children in our timing, when we're ready." Four years later they decided to have their first child. Then, Michelle went back on the pill, but she conceived and had a miscarriage. At that point they talked with a Christian medical doctor and read the fine print in the contraceptives package. They found that while taking the pill you can get pregnant and then miscarry. They were grieved! They were Christians! They were pro-life! They realized that their selfish actions had taken the life of their child.

oh my god.

Confused
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 06:56 am
The have a show on Discovery or TLC.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:04 am
I will say this for them, however you feel about their # of children, or religion...

They have no debt, built their home as they could pay for it (extra big, one of the shows about them is about that) and pay their own way.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:04 am
Oh yeah, those creeps. Laughing

Seriously tho - people who do this with religious "conviction" ...they have a special place in hell.

Oops, I meant my heart.

No, I didn't.

Get with the times man! May you rot in hell, sinners. Twisted Evil *throws bible at them*

Don't worry! Kids are biodegradable!!!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:09 am
mushypancakes wrote:
Seriously tho - people who do this with religious "conviction" ...they have a special place in hell.

Why?

(Not saying if I agree, disagree, or am nuetral)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:09 am
Shocked <faints>
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:10 am
Ya know.. I definatly am impressed at hte no debt thing.
And I am impressed at being able to sustain themselves.

Im shocked and saddened at the whole " birth control = murder " idea..

That was the piece that made me want to post this story.
Not that they have kids.. but that they are openly saying that birth control caused DEATH and that they really believe it is their fault a child died.

It just screams of the woman being the weaker subject.
Because she took birthcontrol so that they could afford themselves , she is now a murderer and has to earn forgiveness?
Why didnt the man use birth control?

but this is a tangent that i wont stand and fight over so I better stop posting now because someone will come along that will want to debate it
and I dont think I will follow through on my part..
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:11 am
She looks great for a woman with 18 kids, though. Too bad she'll never have a life.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:11 am
she has one..

in the kitchen making babies.. where she belongs.. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:12 am
Waidaminute...

Isn't even the central premise wrong?

I remember having a discussion about that here -- with Bella I think. And then remembering that my mom continued to take birth control pills for a few months after she (unknowingly) conceived me -- ya know, me, alive, here.

I agree with Chai though that if they can afford it and they want to (THEY -- especially the woman), it's their prerogative.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:14 am
shewolfnm wrote:
she has one..

in the kitchen making babies.. where she belongs.. Rolling Eyes

I truly feel for the woman. I wonder when she'll have the nervous breakdown.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:18 am
well.. she is obviously doing something she wants to do.. or she would not have remained married..

at least I think.. I mean.. she is allowed to say no I hope.

she is a grown woman and can think for herself..
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:19 am
Chai wrote:
mushypancakes wrote:

Why?

(Not saying if I agree, disagree, or am nuetral)

Chai, it's just my personal feelings on it.

I KNOW personally people who are like this. Their reasoning is all twisted.

The 18 kids - it's not the kids in themselves that sicken me.

What sickens me is that this is all tied into their religion. It's an expression of a particular type of religion.

And it's a mentality that makes me sick.

It reminds me, very much, of the people I've grown around and gotten to know personally who are similar in beliefs in lifestyle.

It's not that they are rotten people through and through. Not at all.

It's the way of life that sickens me. (And the lord said: Produce. And the lord said: This earth is for men to keep and use!)

And the Mushy said: You are a bunch of hypocritical bastids.

Sure, that lady looks sweet eh? And they support themselves eh?

Yeah...support themselves in the fashion of thinking a family has a right to whatever resources are available to them and stomp right over other ways of life in order to accomplish it.

I think it is incredibly selfish, in this day and age, to even tolerate such ****.

These are the families who, without blinking, accrue wealth to wipe out smaller families and take over small towns with inbreeding.

Sensitive subject,...just close to home!

I realize I err on emotional on this issue...
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:20 am
And she can certainly qualify for the nick name, Bunny Very Happy
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:24 am
>snort
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:27 am
Montana wrote:
She looks great for a woman with 18 kids, though...

Except her vagina must look like a bag of ground beef that was smashed multiple times with a steel mallet.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:27 am
mushypancakes wrote:

And the Mushy said: You are a bunch of hypocritical bastids.

Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 07:33 am
Laughing Well then Slappy, her husband must enjoy that sort of thing.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 10 May, 2008 08:06 am
mushypancakes wrote:

Chai, it's just my personal feelings on it.

What sickens me is that this is all tied into their religion. It's an expression of a particular type of religion.

And they support themselves eh?

Yeah...support themselves in the fashion of thinking a family has a right to whatever resources are available to them and stomp right over other ways of life in order to accomplish it.

that's cool mushy. was just wondering if it was the kids themselves, or the religion.

Hey, if a subject hits close to home, no need to apologize for it. When you have personal experience with something, you don't need anyone invalidating what you know.

Re the supporting themselves though....

I may be wrong, but I seem to remember from watching the show about them, that the Duggars haven't ever taken public assistance, they live on Jim Bob's income.

He's in real estate, and I'd guess fairly successful. They bought their own land, built their own house, using their own labor (yes including the kids, but none of them looked like they were being overworked. it seemed more like live lessons in responsibility) whenever possible.

I know these kids are home schooled, which I personally have my concerns about, regardless if you have 1 child or 10.

I also wonder about other aspects of the kids lives....

anyway.....

re the birth control, miscarriage thing.

I think they were religious before even having any children. I don't know if they have so many to make up for the one lost, or if they would have had that many if they just decided to go off the pill and start a family.

Does anyone feel she has so many children as an atonement?

I may be weird, but I can see what she's saying about her miscarriage.

If your belief is that life begins at conception, and you were taking something, be it birth control, or some other medication, that caused you a miscarriage, well, you did miscarry and lose a life over something you were doing.

Does that make you guilty? Personally, I'd feel bad that I lost a baby due to something I was doing. Regardless of if I was aware that my actions could have done that, I'd feel bad. I'd feel responsible. Would I feel guilty?
I don't know if that's the word I would use. I'd feel grief, and wish I'd known better. I'd know that if I had other children, it would never be the life that I was responsible for losing.

The more I think about it now, the more I realize I'd feel tremendous grief.

Me personally, having never wanted children, would feel tremendous relief, but yes, I'd grieve for the life lost.
0 Replies