God Does not EXIST!!!

wheelz2001

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 06:32 pm
And your point is....?
In your opinion god does not exist.
In the opinion of the doctor in the story God does exist and believes that the other poor people have frittered away the valuable gift of life that god has given them by doing whatever they have been doing.

Mind you i have read your story.The story does not give out irrefutable facts nor does it give a compelling argument. My personal opinion about god does not matter in this post.
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 06:27 am
God is about stupidity and slavery.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 06:44 am
I think that this is going well.
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 06:49 am
I want religious bullshitters to put up or shut up......show me the evidence!!!!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 06:52 am
You should have been here for the migration of the Orthodox Booleans back in 2002. That was some religious discussion, boy they had some really good evidence for God . Ive forgotten all their points of evidence
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 07:09 am
farmerman wrote:
You should have been here for the migration of the Orthodox Booleans back in 2002. That was some religious discussion, boy they had some really good evidence for God . Ive forgotten all their points of evidence

I mean stuff that makes sense and is provable.....although orthodox booleans sound like a bunch of bullshit to start with, lol.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 07:20 am
They had nice things to say about however. They knew that you were coming to ask these questions.
0 Replies

aml909

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:11 pm
evidence?
umm... johnlg, youre the one making a claim, "God does not EXIST!!!" way to emphasize the word "exist" by the way, as if we might not have noticed it otherwise. where's your evidence for this ridiculous claim, huh buddy? and sounding "far fetched and crazy" is not a fact or evidence.

even if religion did start with bedtime stories or if god is just santa claus for adults, that still isnt proof against his existence.

i think its your turn to "put up or shut up".
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:29 pm
Re: evidence?
aml909 wrote:
umm... johnlg, youre the one making a claim, "God does not EXIST!!!" way to emphasize the word "exist" by the way, as if we might not have noticed it otherwise. where's your evidence for this ridiculous claim, huh buddy? and sounding "far fetched and crazy" is not a fact or evidence.

even if religion did start with bedtime stories or if god is just santa claus for adults, that still isnt proof against his existence.

i think its your turn to "put up or shut up".

Stop talking nonsense....this is the philosophy section....so either provide evidence or accept you're full of ****.
0 Replies

aml909

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 05:52 pm
fine, ill accept im full of ****. and by **** i mean awesomeness.

hey dude, stop banging your head against a wall (or whatever blunt object you are using to make yourself this stupid) long enough to actually read what is being written. YOU are the one making a claim without providing evidence. THAT is the claim that i am making. want evidence for my claim? try looking at your original post, smart stuff.
0 Replies

anton bonnier

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:10 pm
There has been and there still are many different religions in the world.. If it were possible to communicate with the animals of this world, you would most likely find they also would have some * Spiritual * whatever.. That could be called a religion... Some of us humans seem to require a *God* to communicate to through the written word in a man made book, then spilled out of the mouths of priests, or in the children's case, out of the the mouths of the parents to get them hooked into their particular religion.
When "belief" "faith" and Holy spirits take hold, you have religion and with this you get a free God. It's up to the individual to make the plunge.... In my case, I would never plunge into spiritual beliefs or have any faith in any of it.
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:31 pm
aml909 wrote:
fine, ill accept im full of ****. and by **** i mean awesomeness.

hey dude, stop banging your head against a wall (or whatever blunt object you are using to make yourself this stupid) long enough to actually read what is being written. YOU are the one making a claim without providing evidence. THAT is the claim that i am making. want evidence for my claim? try looking at your original post, smart stuff.

dummy, God is undefined, so how can anyone disprove it?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:22 pm
The title of this thread is loaded. "Does God Exist?" addresses an attribute of God, even if that attribute is His non-existence.
I prefer: "Is there such a thing as a god?"
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 10:14 pm
I'm rather fond of God, even if I don't know who or what he/it is.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 11:34 am
So you are fond of the IDEA, no matter how vague it is, of God. So long as you recognize its purely abstract and constructed nature you'll never become a born-again atheist, i.e., a passionate believer in, and worshippper of, No-God
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:40 pm
People who deal with this issue as if though concepts are abolute and in themselves valuable or even real will never understand that how we define the world is a huge factor in deciding what exists and what doesn't.

Before you decide if "god" is a valid concept, you need to define it.
Now, if you define it as something impossible, then who's the fool? :wink:
0 Replies

ZoSo

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:16 am
Quote:

People who deal with this issue as if though concepts are abolute and in themselves valuable or even real will never understand that how we define the world is a huge factor in deciding what exists and what doesn't.

Before you decide if "god" is a valid concept, you need to define it.
Now, if you define it as something impossible, then who's the fool?

Brilliance, the reason most atheists reject the possibility of a god (myself included) is because they cannot accept the definition the average christian would put forward. If you define god as the idea of love or kindness then hmmm maybe it does exist. Where we have gone wrong religiously I believe is that people have defined god incorrectly there is no god that will help you win the lottery or get an awesome parking space as some christians would have us believe. I cannot accept a religion where this type of belief is possible also the whole prayer thing, I think is very primitive.
0 Replies

blakblak

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:24 am
I agree. If you define god as the thing that created the universe, then god would be the singularity of the big bang, and god would be real. I think Christians have distorted God into a person who is omnipotent and omniscient which is wrong in my view.

It would be pretty cool if there was an old man upstairs who looked after you though.
0 Replies

ZoSo

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:30 am
Hahaha true that which is why some christians want to believe in the old guy upstairs, it's an attractive and comforting prospect.
0 Replies

blakblak

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 12:34 am
Quote:
it's an attractive and comforting prospect.
so why don't atheists believe in God if it is comforting and attractive? Hmm there must be a reason why atheists can live without a God and why Christians can't. Are atheists more intelligent? (einstein was a jew) maybe it is the way we are brought up...
0 Replies