God Does not EXIST!!!

Johnmg

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 12:35 pm
Alrite, everyone drop your beleif and veiws. Just read and look at it from this point of view, please.

Lets take for instance a highly educated doctor/surgeon. Typical stuck up rich cocky guy driving a bmw or mercedes nice big house, vacations all the time, all kinds of toys and luxuries. He frowns upon people who live in trailer homes, drive crappy cars, have crappy jobs, and have little education. He wonders why they could possibly want that and that they are stupid for being the way they are, its unethical to him. He cracks jokes about poor people or scum bags or the people working hard all day picking up trash and serving you at fast food restuarants.

You go to get an operation, he puts you under, you have complete confidence in him and trust. He operates and you go home problem solved. This doctor went to college to study the facts and data of medicine and science to learn how to cure you and operate on you. He didnt learn all of this from a college based of theosophical stories and teachings.

Yet this same man every sunday gets himself and his family members up early and dresses up to go to church. At church he joins a large group of people that meet every sunday to chant together words out of a book. Like a indiana jones movie. They eat bread and touch water because that makes them a better person. Even tho the doctor lives his life as a materialistic person he every sunday beleives that at the end of his life he is going to float up into the sky to this imaginary place in the clouds where everyone that dies meets and hangs out and just kind of looks down on the people below him. Now be honest, sit back and just take a look at the big picture, doesnt that sound so far fetched and crazy that it just isnt possible.

Yea you religous freaks will argue to death about god and this and that, blah blah blah. How can you sit there and argue against fact. And yes you will argue that it exists due to the fact that we cant prove it does or doesnt exist. But the truth is physically we cant prove it exists. It is your faith in a non existant theosiphical world beyond all physics and possibilities known to man. And even tho you all beleive in god and heaven, you all have different views on the same topic, there are hundreds of different churches in every city in america all with semi different ranging beleifes about the same thing. Church goers will say o we changed churches because we didnt like that one any more, we dont beleive in this or that. If heaven and hell and god truly existed it would by an underlying exact one description thing. Heaven. Hell. God. no questions or variables about it. Facts and physical evidence would be there to support it, not just someones faith. If i told you that in my mindy undeniably that the Boogy Man existed, and he eats people alive while there sleeping and lives in their closests, just because i truly have faith in that it must be real,i have a basis on which i can argue that the boogy man exists???

Religion, heaven , god, it was all created over time as sort of a bed time story. During times that life was harsh, really hard. People were lucky to live to 25 without dying from a harsh winter or deadly disease or cold. Religion was created in a time that life truly did suck, there were no luxuries and amenities. People lived a rough life, why not dream and tell of a place where everything is great, there is no pain and suffering, no disease or starvation or violence to those around them who are dying from a disease, or starving to death over a long hard winter. Wouldnt you wanna tell yourself everything is going to be great and all peechy keen as well. Instead of telling someone that when they die of pnemonia at the age of 17 that they are simply going to be put in a wood container and burried in the dirt. Religion is a way for making people cope with and feel better about their bad meaningless lives. For all the people who cant face the realities of life, and that terrible, bad things happen, and that it is not an act of god of fate, it is simply life. Life happens. Its as simple as that. Once you really come to reality with things and accept life for what it is you will understand all of this and see religion as ridiculous tool driven by fear over the weak minded people in our society. Statistically in the history of man kind more wars have been fought, people killed, and money made and lost over Religion. It is the downfall of our society. period end of story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,776 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:03 pm
What kind of operation?

I don't think the doctor performing the surgery puts you under, but the anesthesiologist.

Well, they're doctors too.

Maybe the 2 of them are in cahoots with each other.

What if you were only under a mild sedative?
0 Replies

Johnmg

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:06 pm
funny
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:15 pm
Well, I like to get right to the heart of the matter.

No dithering for me.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:15 pm
Re: God Does not EXIST!!!
Johnmg wrote:
Yea you religous freaks will argue to death about god and this and that, blah blah blah.

Since you posted all of this blah, blah, blah nonsense then you are admitting that you too, are in fact, a "religious freak"??
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:16 pm
Chai wrote:

No dithering for me.

You dithered once! April 1983! I seen it!
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:17 pm
sweet..

i want a doctor to put ME under..
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 01:26 pm
Well your "doctor" doesn't sound very Christian-like what with all his stone throwing smuggery and such but I don't see where someone being a doctor conflicts in anyway with Christianity or any other religious belief any more than, say, being and accountant would.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 02:00 pm
fishin wrote:
Chai wrote:

No dithering for me.

You dithered once! April 1983! I seen it!

That's when I was going all Pon Far....perhaps known to you humans as Vulcan Blood Fever.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 02:12 pm
boomerang wrote:
Well your "doctor" doesn't sound very Christian-like what with all his stone throwing smuggery and such but I don't see where someone being a doctor conflicts in anyway with Christianity or any other religious belief any more than, say, being and accountant would.

I knew it..

Accountants are godless.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 02:31 pm
so are substitute teachers.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 02:33 pm
hookers aren't
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 03:13 pm
Oh come off it, Wolf Woman

When hookers say: OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD! . . .

They're just fakin' it . . .
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 02:05 am
God is a load of BS.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 06:40 am
Setanta wrote:
Oh come off it, Wolf Woman

When hookers say: OH GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD! . . .

They're just fakin' it . . .

Oh, for crying out loud! Talk about having one of your most heartfelt beliefs shattered!!

Joe(How about when they say they really like me??)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 09:35 am
Joe, if you're a good customer, they probably do mean it when they say they like you . . . but the implications might not be precisely what you had thought they were . . .
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 09:42 am
I am seeing things through new eyes.

And when Ms. Joanie says "Christ, that was quick." it's not really a prayer like she says it is.

Joe(learning so much)Nation
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 11:57 am
Has anyone ever defined God?...if not, why the BS that he/it exists?
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 03:25 pm
God has been precisely defined many times by employing the omni- prefix.

It goes further. Many, including some posters here, also know how he thinks. They ascertain his thought processes by having a close personal relationship together.

Further still, these many also try by prayer and supplication to change or influence this omniscient being's course of action.

One could almost make the charge that these people are hopeless egomaniacs, and have the charge stick.
0 Replies

DavidIg

Reply Sun 18 May, 2008 03:35 pm
In that case, I'm giving God the ass, and writing off its followers as loony.
0 Replies