1
   

Homosexuality ? Where do you stand...

 
 
6Yuri9
 
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 10:36 am
Should U.S.A. as a whole accept homosexuality? Be aware that homosexuality is the attraction to the same sex where as being gay means more than just sex. Please not that Gay couples can still love, parent, and care for children and each other. Please be advised that the steroetypical remark of "Gay couples only want sex from each other" is an incorrect/ignorant remark to believe as there are many gay couples who are monagomous and believe in soul mates.

As for me, yes i do stand on the "we should accept homosexuals in society" because
1) Love is not restricted to just man and woman.
2) It will not do any of us harm to watch two men or women hold hands in public. Last time i checked i didn't go blind.
3) Homosexuals have the ability to work as well as heterosexuals and are not mentally retarded.

DISCUSS.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,591 • Replies: 131
No top replies

 
nips
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 10:42 am
i agree. why should anyone care who other people love when infact it is none of their business
0 Replies
 
6Yuri9
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 10:51 am
nips wrote:
i agree. why should anyone care who other people love when infact it is none of their business


I agree with your point.

This is why:
It is because they don't like change. When a traditional conservative society such as U.S.A. faces change that opposes its values, it tries very hard to get rid of it. However the "change" that U.S.A. is facing actually will not do it any harm so why cause such an uproar over it ? Well U.S.A. is corrupt. That is the answer to why homosexuals have to go through all this BS (Bull sh*t ).
On top of all this, i can picture a homosexual boy walking down the street of Texas and getting beat up just because he is gay. How awful and ridiculous is that ?
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 11:28 am
I stand with my back to the wall....
0 Replies
 
nips
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 11:55 am
there are homophobes in every society. but i think in most places they do not fear change they fear the gay population as a whole. maybe they think that if there is enough gay people in they world that they will make everything pink and the homophobe themselves will end up being beaten and/or abused by they gay leaders of the planet
0 Replies
 
cjhsa
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:06 pm
I'm with bpb - back to the wall.

But the overall issue won't go away. I wish the gay community would stop attacking the institution of marriage though. Call it a civil union or whatever, but don't fight the churches. They're just picking a battle to publicize their cause.

My Godfather was gay, and from what I know, never had a straight relationship his entire life. What's perhaps stranger is that my parents and others that knew him never figured it out, until I told them. And you know what, after they realized their oversight, it didn't change their opinion of their lifelong friend one bit. I also suspect my aunt was the same way. Big deal. She was also one of the first members of the WAC and delivered aircraft to bases all over the U.S. Pretty cool IMO.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:09 pm
I stand right in the middle of the homosexual orgy. Be advised this includes sex and other things... Very Happy

cj--wanting the right to be married is not an attack on marriage.
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:13 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Call it a civil union or whatever, but don't fight the churches. They're just picking a battle to publicize their cause.
.


Im going to get shot for this Laughing

but I could NOT agree more.

I absolutely understand the need to not be discriminated against.
I understand that peoples sexual behavior is NOT the publics business . No one needs to know who you are sleeping with and the fact that there are LAWS against certain sexual behavior blows my mind. I could not imagine what it would be like to live in fear of just being yourself due ot laws and other forms of blatent hatred.

But.. do people HAVE to pick loosing fights?

Just as much as the church has a right to exist with its rules, people have the right to exist with out it.
But simply because it is against "homosexuality' does not give people the right to attempt to pick it away.

Once the behavior of the church, its members, or the society it feeds becomes a problem then DEAL WITH THAT BEHAVIOR. But I do not think it is OK to try and disrobe the church simply because it does not 'believe' in something.
Why does the church not have the right to disbelieve... yet the gay community has a right to attack them for it and attempt to force them to believe or accept.?

hot topic.
People can shoot me down, pick apart my post or what have you.
0 Replies
 
Lash
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:18 pm
I think churches have a right to decide on whether or not to officiate at weddings. My pastor wouldn't marry my very heterosexual cousin, because he was a divorcee. One marriage per lifetime was the rule in that church...no repeat customers. My cousin found another church. I wouldn't have any prob with a pastor/church deciding not to marry gay people.

The fact that it is a LAW is what chafes me.

Churches and people should decide who they want to marry, not the federal government.
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:21 pm
Bingo.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 02:24 pm
If was at a party with the women of A2K.... I would want every other man there to be gay.... and if a couple of the women were too.... well that would be okay too. :wink:
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 09:25 am
All love is beautiful. I mean, females, I could be wrong here but my understanding is the fairer sex is more self-compatible, so no point arguing there, and on the other side, if dudes want to conduct their lives in a more socio-economically stable manner, throw 'em a tax write off.

The whole sanctity of marriage thing - as if. I say let 'em adopt wee ones, getting more high-quality Americans is a good way to keep up with the deficit. Take us some of those unwanted Chinese daughters - it beats this expansionist script where Evangelicals, and forgive me, some ethnicities (including my own) try to sow their seed prolifically - in that it creates higher diversity relative to overall headcount... More American Dream, less tons of CO2. I could see disqualifying them on the basis of predisposition to 'deviant' behavior, but who's to say? Are priests that abstain despite having nuts not deviant?
0 Replies
 
6Yuri9
 
  1  
Reply Wed 7 May, 2008 01:49 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If was at a party with the women of A2K.... I would want every other man there to be gay.... and if a couple of the women were too.... well that would be okay too. :wink:


it could start a problem if a gay guy starts hitting on you. =)
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:22 am
Re: Homosexuality ? Where do you stand...
6Yuri9 wrote:
Should U.S.A. as a whole accept homosexuality?

As a libertarian,
my answer is: yes.
I believe that polite acceptance n tolerance is the best practice.

For my part personally: sex with another man wud be anathema; also gross n foul.

I remember during my childhood,
occasionally, other boys approached me with homosexual suggestions.
Altho I did not accept them,
I kept their remarks and their sexual desires confidential
and I continued to treat them with as much respect as before.





Quote:
Be aware that homosexuality is the attraction to the same sex
whereas being gay means more than just sex. Please not that Gay couples
can still love, parent, and care for children and each other.
Please be advised that the steroetypical remark of "Gay couples only
want sex from each other" is an incorrect/ignorant remark to believe as
there are many gay couples who are monagomous and believe in soul mates.

As for me, yes i do stand on the "we should accept homosexuals in society" because
1) Love is not restricted to just man and woman.
2) It will not do any of us harm to watch two men or women hold hands in public. Last time i checked i didn't go blind.
3) Homosexuals have the ability to work as well as heterosexuals and are not mentally retarded.

DISCUSS.


R u a homosexual ?




David
0 Replies
 
OmSigDAVID
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:26 am
shewolfnm wrote:
cjhsa wrote:
Call it a civil union or whatever, but don't fight the churches. They're just picking a battle to publicize their cause.
.


Im going to get shot for this Laughing

but I could NOT agree more.

I absolutely understand the need to not be discriminated against.
I understand that peoples sexual behavior is NOT the publics business . No one needs to know who you are sleeping with and the fact that there are LAWS against certain sexual behavior blows my mind. I could not imagine what it would be like to live in fear of just being yourself due ot laws and other forms of blatent hatred.

But.. do people HAVE to pick loosing fights?

Just as much as the church has a right to exist with its rules, people have the right to exist with out it.
But simply because it is against "homosexuality' does not give people the right to attempt to pick it away.

Once the behavior of the church, its members, or the society it feeds becomes a problem then DEAL WITH THAT BEHAVIOR. But I do not think it is OK to try and disrobe the church simply because it does not 'believe' in something.
Why does the church not have the right to disbelieve... yet the gay community has a right to attack them for it and attempt to force them to believe or accept.?

hot topic.
People can shoot me down, pick apart my post or what have you.

So stipulated.
May I offer u a cyber-Kevlar vest ?




David
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 05:42 am
Laughing

I think I am ok.
I made my point, and apparently it did not make me sound sexist , or like a homophobe..

It isnt that I truly care one way or the other who is fkn who. It isnt in my bedroom so it isnt my business Wink And everyone has the right to have a relationship if they so choose.

I just dont understand why it is PC and acceptable for the gay community to attack and attempt to force change on the church..
but it is NOT pc/ or acceptable for the church to stand by what it has believed for centuries..



But.. oh well..
0 Replies
 
6Yuri9
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 10:29 am
What pisses me off is that people are in search for an answer to homosexuality.

We don't need to find the cause for homosexuality because being gay or lesbian is not something that has to be justified.

The search for a gay gene itself is homophobic. Instead of just accepting the fact that some people are straight and some are lesbian, gay , or bisexual, people are searching for a cause - as if homosexuality is a disease. Nobody's looking for a heterosexual gene. nobody's trying to find a genetic cause for left-handedness, which could even be less prevalent than homosexuality and therefore even more "abnormal".Its not a big deal because left handedness like heterosexuality is considered natural... homosexuality isn't considered natural. that is why a cause is being searched for.

Still i can see how it might be tempting for people - striaght or gay - to embrace the idea. If a gay gene is discovered, then we can claim it's like being left handed. We'd be acting as nature intended and could then expect equal treatment. The gay gene might mean an end to all of the standard arguements used to block our legal rights and may be enough to persuade legislators that discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation is unconstitutional. Parents might not be afraid if their kids have a gay teacher, and adoption agencies might be less reluctant to let gay couples adopt kids. They wouldn't be worried that the kids are going to grow up gay because homosexuality would be natural.


BUT would that really fix anything? People might be forced to tolerate us, but it wouldn't make them accept us. What makes us think that given how cruel and punitive so many have been towards us that the gay gene won't be seen as pathological? To a lot of people we would still be mutants, just not social mutants anymore. We'd be genetic mutants. We'd be able to claim that homosexuality is no different than skin colour or left handedness but our opponents could claim that instead of a natural gene, it is a genetic defect. That doesn't do much for gay and lesbian liberation, does it ?

The question of cause should be irrelevant. If more people believed that homosexuality is as natural and normal as heterosexuality, no one would want or need to search for a cause.

Still scientists continue to hunt for a cause for homosexuality, as if being gay is something bad or defective. People are all too willing to accept this. Maybe it is because it reaffirms their own heterosexual lifestyles. If gay is bad then heterosexuality is good. If heterosexuality is the norm then anything different is abnormal. If something is abnormal then there must be a reason.

The key to ending homophobia is making people understand and accept that sex is only one aspect of being gay or lesbian. When we talk about straight relationships, the conversation is not always cenetred around sex. We talk about marriage, love, and how men are from Mars and women are from Venus. (Example =) ) Heterosexuality is socially organized and recognized as natural and normal. Gays and lesbians are social outcasts.

We need to inform the media and the society we live in that we are normal. We are not mentally retarted, it is not a psycological disorder to be gay or lesbian. Even if it is a choice we make, then fine, leave us alone. We love this person because we love them. It shouldn't make a difference what their sex is.
0 Replies
 
BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 10:35 am
BBB
I will stand with Shewolf before the firing squad for my opinion.

Ban churches and the problem will go away!

BBB
0 Replies
 
BumbleBeeBoogie
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 10:40 am
6Yuri9
6Yuri9 wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
If was at a party with the women of A2K.... I would want every other man there to be gay.... and if a couple of the women were too.... well that would be okay too. :wink:


it could start a problem if a gay guy starts hitting on you. =)


Stop and think about what you just said. Women get hit on all the time. What if women "started a problem" every time men "hit on them"?
Straight men should do the same thing women do re unwanted passes. Ignore them!

Better to think about what you are saying before you post, 6Yuri9.
0 Replies
 
shewolfnm
 
  1  
Reply Thu 8 May, 2008 10:43 am
in a lovely (perfect to me world) , christianity would not exist and everyone could live with out those rules, speculations and self judgment...
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

How can we be sure? - Discussion by Raishu-tensho
Proof of nonexistence of free will - Discussion by litewave
morals and ethics, how are they different? - Question by existential potential
Destroy My Belief System, Please! - Discussion by Thomas
Star Wars in Philosophy. - Discussion by Logicus
Existence of Everything. - Discussion by Logicus
Is it better to be feared or loved? - Discussion by Black King
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Homosexuality ? Where do you stand...
Copyright © 2020 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 08/11/2020 at 01:42:19