Mercy or Punishment ? - Susan LeFevre case

okie

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:55 pm
Just curious what others opinion would be here.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353496,00.html

In my opinion, if the story is as it appears, that is a condition for my opinion, but if it is, and if she has been law abiding and reformed, give the woman a break and grant an immediate and full pardon. After all, besides the punishment angle, she has apparently rehabilitated herself and has been no bother or cost to society for the past 32 years, has been married for 23 years, with children. Her family and children need her and there is no logic in spending any more money incarcerating a law abiding citizen that is no threat to society.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 893 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:58 pm
Re: Mercy or Punishment ? - Susan LeFevre case
okie wrote:

In my opinion, if the story is as it appears, that is a condition for my opinion, but if it is, and if she has been law abiding and reformed, give the woman a break and grant an immediate and full pardon. After all, besides the punishment angle, she has apparently rehabilitated herself and has been no bother or cost to society for the past 32 years, has been married for 23 years, with children. Her family and children need her and there is no logic in spending any more money incarcerating a law abiding citizen that is no threat to society.

Wow, too funny!

I've sure never seen you advocate amnesty and forgiveness for any other law breaker.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 08:05 pm
Re: Mercy or Punishment ? - Susan LeFevre case
okie wrote:

The article certainly paints her sympathetically. 20 years for teenage drug use? At any rate, maybe pay court costs and say she's done.
0 Replies