Elephant paints realistic picture of an elephant.

Equus

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 02:31 pm
The elephant is trained to paint- but it is still remarkable. How many of us could paint that well, knowing what we were doing?

It is possible/likely that that is the only design this elephant paints, over and over. It is also possible that the painting shown on video is the best one of hundreds he had done already.

NEVERTHELESS, it is a remarkable elephant and I was amazed/impressed by this video and watched it many times.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 04:27 pm
Yeh but hes **** on perspective , and his shading sucks. Why that painting isnt worth a damn and the elephant will not be remembered much past this Thursday. Id like to see some art critic take this on for the NYT.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 01:34 pm
And I'll bet, Farmer, that the **** hasn't published.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Thu 29 May, 2008 11:14 am
farmerman wrote:
Yeh but hes **** on perspective , and his shading sucks. Why that painting isnt worth a damn and the elephant will not be remembered much past this Thursday. Id like to see some art critic take this on for the NYT.

If indeed the elephant really has done this painting, then it is copying another painting. From the elephant's perspective, which is about 3/4 front view, the back is foreshortened, but the outline of the ear could only be from a side view. Also, why would an elephant be holding up a giant flower? That is a human concept.

The tip of the elephant's trunk, though out of focus, almost seems to reveal what could be an outline of a finger inside of what Farmerman called a hand puppet. I would like to like to have a reputable eyewitness account before I accept that the elephant has painted the image.
0 Replies