DC Madam commits "suicide"

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 12:59 pm
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D90D13600&show_article=1

I bet the Clintons are behind this and that Palfry was about to spill the beans on her client list. Anyone else remember Vonce Foster?

(For the sarcastic challenged, I don't really believe this, but it is a bit of political news...)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,171 • Replies: 29
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:02 pm
Clinton could be "behind" it. Maybe Bubby was on the list.

However, Vitter may have somehow gotten Cheney to do his dirty work.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:03 pm
McGentrix attempts to derive "humor" from a woman's death.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:15 pm
DrewDad wrote:

Rolling Eyes

No, I attempt to derive humor from the paranoid lunatics that see conspiriacies in everything. Is that you?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:28 pm
As expected. We are Commies, remember!!
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 01:54 pm
Well, I for one might be inclined to think, as McG implied in his subject heading, that it was a "suicide" (note the quotes)....and not out of some penchant I have for conspiracies, rather the nature of her business, her client list and the timing of her death.

Her ladies did tend to some high profile and powerful men.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 08:16 pm
DrewDad wrote:

Beyond pathetic. But McGentrix has no respect for women especially one involved in the sex trade.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 08:35 pm
she CHOSE to be a prostitute....then she CHOSE to be a madam...then she CHOSE to commit suicide....school will be open on her birthday....
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:52 pm
And the Feds chose to throw the book at her. 55 years for being a pimp. If that is justified, johns should get 10 years.

I heard the tape of her panicked and anquished mom calling 911 and I thought about how McG tried to make a joke out of this. Seems to me it's a waste of our criminal justice system resources.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 09:31 pm
well we won't be wasting any resources on her.... she's dead.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 09:32 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
And the Feds chose to throw the book at her. 55 years for being a pimp. If that is justified, johns should get 10 years.

I heard the tape of her panicked and anquished mom calling 911 and I thought about how McG tried to make a joke out of this. Seems to me it's a waste of our criminal justice system resources.

sometimes you eat the bear.... sometimes the bear eats you....you pays your money... you takes your chances...she should burn in hell for doing that to her mother IMO.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 09:35 pm
I don't know anything about all this, but it's a tough way to die.

RIP
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 12:13 am
ossobuco wrote:
I don't know anything about all this, but it's a tough way to die.

RIP

Yeah it is, and there are probably all sorts of terrible circumstances in her life that led up to it, but where do you draw the line?

I have no idea what her early life was all about, but I would not be surprised to learn it was horrific.

Does the harm of the past excuse the sins of the present?

There are worse things than being a Madam, but let's not minimize the foulness of such a role. For there to be a Madam there must be prostitutes, and the chances are that if a woman is a prostitute, she has led a rough life herself, and so at best, a Madam is exploitative. Probably a prostitute herself once, but smart and capable enough to rise above the role, and yet entirely dependent upon the misfortunes of young women who find themselves compelled to sell their sex.

This is the moral dilemma of the post-modernist Liberal.

For the PML there is no such thing as evil. All "bad" behavior can be explained as an inevitable product of a misfortunate past, and how can the malfeasor be blamed for the inevitability of his or her bad deed?

The fundamental problem with this world view is that Society cannot function properly within its constraints.

Life progresses on a macro level.

Evolution is a macro level process. In order to preserve and advance the species, countless individuals are sacrificed.

If Nature (read Evolution) insisted on the preservation of the individual irrespective of the species, where would we be now?

Fortunately, a horrific past does not, necessarily, assure a twisted present.

There are numerous examples of "survivors," who not only resist the pattern laid out for them, but unbelievably exceed expectations.

Beethoven is one.

Patrick Moynihan is another, and there are many, many more.

Society must be more cold hearted than a PML, more like a conservative.

Malfeasors, no matter what their excuses, cannot have an unlimited number of chances. Such a system is not sustainable. Perhaps it would be nice if it were not so, but it is!

Considering the inherent and overwhelming urge in every human being to live, it is deeply troubling when anyone reaches a point where they are capable of crossing this utterly fundamental line.

My own sense is that suicides don't want to die, they simply want to cease living. They want a cessation of awareness, not of life. Oblivion versus Death. It seems a difference without distinction, but I think not.

There can come a point when awareness is so painful than one will do anything to drive it away. The chances are pretty good that before the DC Madam killed herself, she was emersed in alcohol or drugs. The problem with this this cycle is that that inevitably one has a sober moment, and all the filth and ruin comes tumbling down.

At such a point there is another bottle, another needle or a gun.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 12:18 am
I'm not minimizing anything, might even agree on this or that, or even this and that. I'll have to read up. I was reacting to death by hanging oneself, in a 'trailer'.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 12:28 am
ossobuco wrote:
I'm not minimizing anything, might even agree on this or that, or even this and that. I'll have to read up. I was reacting to death by hanging oneself, in a 'trailer'.

Fine.

I barely riffed on your post.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 07:28 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

sometimes you eat the bear.... sometimes the bear eats you....you pays your money... you takes your chances...she should burn in hell for doing that to her mother IMO.

I just wonder why a person like yourself who lacks the "compassion gene" would ever consider voting for a candidate like Hillary Clinton. I truly hope you are not a registered Democrat, as i would be aghast that you belong to any party that I am a part of.

There is a lot of tslk, especially on the feminist blogs, that this was a murder staged to look like a suicide. (so many high profle people were her clients) In fact, she knew virtually nothing about the clients as they all used fake names and she ran the business from 3000 miles away.

I mentioned that she got 55 years for being a pimp. Actually, being a madam is a lot less of an offense to society than what pimps do. Madams don't beat their prositutes up or steal their money or abuse them the way pimps do. Again, this is a very sad and tragic case and nothing to be joked about or dismissed.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 08:42 am
Roxxxanne wrote:
I just wonder why a person like yourself who lacks the "compassion gene" would ever consider voting for a candidate like Hillary Clinton. I truly hope you are not a registered Democrat, as i would be aghast that you belong to any party that I am a part of.

I'm quite certain that a person can be compassionate and detest suicide simultaneously.

If you are aghast at BPB's sentiments, then I'm sure I'm not alone in saying "don't let the door smack you on the fanny on your way out."
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 08:44 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
This is the moral dilemma of the post-modernist Liberal.

You should get a job on conservative talk radio; you'd fit right in with those pseudo-intellectual, pompous blowhards.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 02:28 pm
well roxxxmanne, I am a registered democrat.... so run our real quickly and change your affiliation.... I'm sure democracy will survive.... Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 02:54 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
well roxxxmanne, I am a registered democrat.... so run our real quickly and change your affiliation.... I'm sure democracy will survive.... Laughing

What's he going to do when he realizes that there are a lot of different groups of democrats and we don't all think in lockstep.

I for one am equally aghast that I'm in the same party as roxxxmanne.
0 Replies