A humble request for the poor Americans

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:52 pm
Cross the street.
Cast your votes by making invalid..

Read this article to articulate your views.

"No significant federal legislation has been passed to eliminate electronic voting machines or even to make them more secure. With a few exceptions, most notably Florida, progress at the state level has been minimal.

Thus the GOP hope that millions of Americans will be voting on hackable computers this November, and that millions more may be eliminated from the rolls altogether, seems very close to fruition. Whether this will swing the election to John McCain remains to be seen. But this Supreme Court decision allowing the demand for photo ID makes it much more likely.

http://www.counterpunch.org/wasserman04302008.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 549 • Replies: 5
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 04:03 am
And not voting is so much better? Pffft, I don't think so.

People died so that I could vote. I'm not about to stop now.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:08 am
Because the American economy and political clout has such a worldwide effect I believe that any american who chooses not to vote should allocate their vote to a foreign country. If they choose not to allocate it will be done for them.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:03 pm
I am quite sure the percentage of eligible voters who cross the stteet will not be more than 59 percent..
But It is not my subject here.
I beg the Americans to vote according to your conscience or better make your vote invalid.
But please show your democractic legitimacy.
Rama
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:15 pm
I agree that it is a disgrace that voting machines cannot be made more verifiable. And after Florida's experience in 2000, it is incredible they haven't progressed further. America expects elections in third world countries to be fair, why not those at home?

But I disagree that vote-fixing is only a Republican phenomenon. It is a problem of corrupt politicos on either side of the aisle. Republicans do not have a monopoly on corruption.

At least, I wish that there would be an election news blackout on election day until the last polling place is closed in the last state. Voters in western states may be influenced, or decide to not bother voting, when results from the east coast start getting posted. Part of the Florida problem in 2000 was that the networks declared Florida (the first time) while some Central time polls in the panhandle were still open.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:22 pm
Eq
Please go and make use of your legitimate right to vote.
If I were an American I will make my vote invalid and thereby awaken the non-American conscience that USA's resident of white house got elected with maximum invalid votes.
Rama
0 Replies