Here I am in Dallas,

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:25 pm
Where in the hell are you? Wasn't that a song?

Acttually I am in Plano but I got tix for the Rangers game (day) right behind the dugout, after that I might head over to Fort Worth, anything over there other than Billy Bob's. I lived here thirty years ago and used to play those beer joints. (Wow 30 years!) I guess cowtown has changed. I was thinking of going to Dealey Plaza too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 13
No top replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:56 pm
Hop down to Austin..

lets have a beer and hang out on 6th street Very Happy
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:58 pm
How come you never invite me down, you bag?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 06:07 pm
Cuz you seem to be happy up in the snow with a bunch'a oil rigs Confused
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 06:09 pm
Seriously..

Austin. You. Me. Beer . Sixth street..
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:05 pm
My goodness gracious Miss Roxxxy how are things in the Metroplex? You out there whooping it up with the cowboys? Was in Ft. Worth 2 years ago and found it deadly .

Didn't check out AA meetings, have you or are you having too much fun?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:17 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Seriously..

Austin. You. Me. Beer . Sixth street..

You were addressing Roxxy, weren't you? Another slap in the face! huh. And don't you read nothin'? Drill rigs for GOLD mining, girl.

Well, hopefully we can hoist one in ABQ, she... only mine will be a chilled Chardonnay Smile
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:05 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
Hop down to Austin..

lets have a beer and hang out on 6th street Very Happy
I

I have been wanting to do that the last two times I was here, next time I will, it was a great day at the ballpark, there was a woman who must have been 90 banging on a tom-tom drum, real nice park, not quite AT&T but it is in the middle of a prairie not on The Bay.

After the game, I went over to Cowtown, discovered Sundance Square where the most expensive Western Wear store in the world is. Nice stuff though but $450 for a belt? Something about Fort Worth, it really does feel that you are in the West rather than Dallas which feels Eastern.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 07:15 pm
Sglass wrote:
My goodness gracious Miss Roxxxy how are things in the Metroplex? You out there whooping it up with the cowboys? Was in Ft. Worth 2 years ago and found it deadly .

One thing I really like about Texas is the men are very polite and respectful of women. Culture shock compared to the TL! I got up from my seat to let a guy by and he apologized all over himself just for making me stand up. Another good thing is, there a lot of overweight and older people, so I feel young and svelte.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 09:39 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Sglass wrote:

One thing I really like about Texas is the men are very polite and respectful of women. Culture shock compared to the TL! I got up from my seat to let a guy by and he apologized all over himself just for making me stand up. Another good thing is, there a lot of overweight and older people, so I feel young and svelte.[/quote

hey girl do you have pics to post of a 30-something Roxxxxanne
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 07:06 am
LOL when I was iin my late thirties, at one time I weighted over three hundred pounds, right now I am at a thirty year low, 15 pounds away from my lifetime goal after which I am getting the loos skin in my neck removed (face lift, upper-lower bleph) I can "pass" for 45 now, maybe I ccan pass for 40 after that! Smile

Anyway, my life is pretty amazing since I lost that weight. it is rather a shame that a culture judges women largely on the way they look. (One reason Hillary is so desperate to win this year)

Yesterday, I was tied up all day on business, today I think I am going to visit Dealey Plaza and then back over to Fort Worth.

Maybe I will check out a meeting today too.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 07:58 am
Roxxxanne wrote:

Anyway, my life is pretty amazing since I lost that weight. it is rather a shame that a culture judges women largely on the way they look.

So.. true.

And AK!
I sooo forgot about your life change and AA.
Im sorry the first things out of my mouth were " lets have a beer!!! " Laughing

Though the invite to travel here is open..
I will for-go the beer stuff eh?
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 11:10 am
Vell Roxxxanne if you are in Dallas, Sunday, Mother's day, my daugthter-in-law is speaking at the Lovers Lane United Methodist Church.

Hang tough.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 3 May, 2008 11:33 pm
Wow! What a day, flying back to SF tomorrow at noon, I really like Fort Worth, got to stop by and shoot some video at the infamous Elm Street School Book Depository. I cried.
0 Replies