Why you should vote Obama

Zippo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:31 am
Because I said so. I'm always right and I've always been right. Just trust me for once. Cool
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 587 • Replies: 14
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:19 am
Sorry Zippo, you obviously didn't get the memo from Al Quaeda's CEO! Here's the gist of it: Our purpose being to destabilize the U.S. electoral process, this year, like every year, we're supporting Ralph Nader.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:04 pm
Who's Ralph Nader Question
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:14 pm
You're waaaay behind the curve, good buddy - I'll see if I can get you a copy of the full memo.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 01:23 pm
Victory! You owe me big time, Zippo Smile

Quote:

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/2008/04/28/080428sh_shouts_borowitz
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:43 pm
Victory to High Seas! Razz

That was hilarious !! Laughing
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:05 pm
Zippo wrote:
Victory to High Seas! Razz

That was hilarious !! Laughing

Bismi-Allahi al-Rahmani, al-Raheem
(in the Name of God, the Compassionate, the Merciful)

My people and I thank you
For your wish of victory on the high seas.
May it be as you say, now and forever.
To you and yours we wish no harm,
we only want Ghawar and Ras Tanura.

P.S. if that was poetry, count me as a Japanese haiku expert - but I think the number of syllables was all wrong, and so was the spirit.

Maybe - very optimistically - this could make it as iambic pentameter? It has five lines, and pretty much encapsulates the Spirit of the West.

<G>
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
I tend to avoid politics these days, but I've listened to Obama speak and I like what the man has to say.

Although, saying and doing are two different things and I've lost a lot of trust in all political leaders, for various reasons over the past years, so on that note, he seems like one of the lesser of the evils I see out there.

Go Obama :-D
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:51 pm
Montana wrote:
............ he seems like one of the lesser of the evils I see out there.

Go Obama :-D

Hi Montana! No offense, but would you like some of these T-shirts? Friends of mine in Boston have crates full of them since the 2004 election:

Quote:
Cthulhu for President: Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 05:08 pm
Laughing No offense taken.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 08:32 am
Obama would make a decent President, I believe; however, John McCain in these times would make a better President. Having been watching the PBS 10 hour documentary, Carrier, I want our Navy to be comfortable and motivated by their Commander In Chief (McCain was a Navy pilot; his parents were in the Navy).

Personally, similar to the need for a President to be born in the U.S.A., I would like another prerequisite that a President should have served in some branch of the U.S. military. Only makes sense, I think; what business/organization hires someone with no experience for the top position?
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:06 pm
^
Mc Cain it too old. If elected, he'd end up serving as the first ever U.S president in a wheelchair with half a dead brain.

"If McCain, 70, runs and wins, he would be the oldest person ever inaugurated as president. As is evident from the scar on the left side of his face, he has had malignant melanoma, the most invasive and dangerous form of skin cancer. (One in every 60 Americans is at risk for developing invasive melanoma in their lifetimes."

http://obamarama.org/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/obama_mccain.jpg
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:11 pm
Why should we vote for Obama?

The only reason:

He's not McCain.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:13 pm
Zippo wrote:
^
Mc Cain it too old. If elected, he'd end up serving as the first ever U.S president in a wheelchair with half a dead brain.

We already have half that scenario covered.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 06:23 pm
The argument of age is specious. So, everyone will vote for who they choose. Obama won't win, if he is in the general election against McCain. Why? Because a majority of this country doesn't identify with the people that will vote for Obama. It's really that simple.
0 Replies