Law Abiding Gun Owners Protect Customer From Bad Guy

Setanta

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:10 am
Uh-huh . . . what did they win, genius? An all expenses-paid overnight tour of the West Palm Beach police department?
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:26 am
McGentrix wrote:
Violent people will use violent means. Whether that is with a gun, a knife, a club, a stick of butter.

Outlawing tools will not lower crime as criminals obviously do not care about the law. A knife is just as deadly as a gun and if they take my steak knife away, that's it.

What an idiotic claim.

Stronger gun control laws do lower the amount of violent crime. In places where gun control is either weakened or strengthened it is very easy to see that gun control laws do lower crime rates.

Look at the experience of Florida for example. The murder rate, and the violent crime rate rose significantly after concealed carry was passed in 1987. There are countless other examples.

If you want to make a philosophical argument you can get away with it.

But you should stay away from such ridiculous mathematical claims that are so easy to disprove by facts.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:27 am
ebrown_p wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Violent people will use violent means. Whether that is with a gun, a knife, a club, a stick of butter.

Outlawing tools will not lower crime as criminals obviously do not care about the law. A knife is just as deadly as a gun and if they take my steak knife away, that's it.

What an idiotic claim.

Stronger gun control laws do lower the amount of violent crime. In places where gun control is either weakened or strengthened it is very easy to see that gun control laws do lower crime rates.

Look at the experience of Florida for example. The murder rate, and the violent crime rate rose significantly after concealed carry was passed in 1987. There are countless other examples.

But you should stay away from such ridiculous mathematical claims that are so easy to disprove by facts.

PLEASE source some facts e_brown.....pretty please.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:59 am
ebrown_p wrote:
McGentrix wrote:

What an idiotic claim.

Well, considering this took place is Florida, sort of supports your theory. Yet, the fact these 2 managers lawfully had weapons at the ready, a more serious incident was averted and a bad guy is now in custody.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:41 am
I have the ABSOLUTE RIGHT to defend myself from ANY AND ALL aggressors.

Take away the guns and the biggest, baddest, meanest SOB will always win.

I don't think pansies like ebp and set would like that very much.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:46 am
What ABSOLUTE RIGHT are you claiming? I don't see this anywhere in the Consitution (the 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything like this).

Are you saying this has something to do with your pursuit of happiness?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:47 am
It's something I was born with dude.

And you can't take it away.

It's what is called a self evident truth.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:53 am
ebrown_p wrote:
What ABSOLUTE RIGHT are you claiming? I don't see this anywhere in the Consitution (the 2nd Amendment doesn't say anything like this).

Are you saying this has something to do with your pursuit of happiness?

"A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

The fact that the Constitution states the RIGHT shall not be INFRINGED presumes the RIGHT always existed. That is what makes it an ABSOLUTE RIGHT, some might argue (like me).

Of course, you will argue otherwise and call me some funny name. :wink:
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 01:10 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

ebrown_p, your reply is a huge pile of BS !!

FACT:

More civilians legally owning and carrying guns translates into less crime period.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 04:46 pm
Law Abiding Gun Owners Protect Customer From Bad Guy
Both Gun owners and Bad guys are ill informed, and badly brought up into this world.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:15 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:

ebrown_p, your reply is a huge pile of BS !!

FACT:

More civilians legally owning and carrying guns translates into less crime period.

Amen. People think by holding back self-reliance, trying to change the human condition they're making us what we should be, or saving us from ourselves. Pure hubris, I mean who are these jokers?

I wonder if they could TCB, martially or otherwise for themselves - 90% of people I met that could are for the 2nd amendment - so why let the pansies shape the set of things that are what an individual can do/be for him/herself?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 07:23 pm
"pansies" is that a reference to the flower Viola or perhaps some kind of homosexual connotation? Even more interesting would be your definition of "the human condition" would that be humans are nothing more than naked apes or did you have something else in mind?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:39 pm
Dys, I'm pretty sure he had nothing in his mind. Period.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:38 pm
dyslexia wrote:
"pansies" is that a reference to the flower Viola or perhaps some kind of homosexual connotation? Even more interesting would be your definition of "the human condition" would that be humans are nothing more than naked apes or did you have something else in mind?

Pansies - somewhere in between, the intrinsic negative that makes both items questionable in the collective subconscious. I mean, in the sense that there's nothing wrong with alternative lifestyles per se, or having some interest in ornamental plants, but the flamboyant behavior that gets the publicity. Even that in itself is no business of mine and/or fine by me, but what I'm getting at is the aesthetic (thought I did an alright job describing it the first time, just that you picked up on another derisive use of the term) of being less able to take care of one's self than one can be and expecting others to follow suit and/or lend a hand.

Sure we're naked apes, as far as the point in question or anything your freindly local Democrat is pushing for goes - what's the difference, clothes? Civility? Ever living souls in the sweet lord baby jesus in heaven? Intelligence? The only thing I liked about 'Guns, Germs, and Steel' is the theory that primitive cultures are more inclined to differentially select intelligence.

It's human nature to serve one's self relentlessly, anything else is degeneracy. Every now and then someone exceeds it or redefines it and ideally the rest of us get the idea from him/her to say, make fire or conduct whatever Hellenistic civilization was, but to make the call like you know any better - as if.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 11:50 pm
Everyone always ignores my posts. I wonder sometimes what the hell is going on. Do I have to get rude with you?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 05:59 am
Mame wrote:
Everyone always ignores my posts. I wonder sometimes what the hell is going on. Do I have to get rude with you?

How about offering something relevant that would advance the debate. Maybe then someone would respond.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 09:35 am
ha ha ha
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 04:38 pm
Woiyo
I read all the posts here and responses.
But seldom I have any views to type to air my critical observations.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:08 am
Ramafuchs wrote:
Woiyo
I read all the posts here and responses.
But seldom I have any views to type to air my critical observations.

Actually, I am not interested in any of your disjointed views.

Ramma Damma Ding Dong!
0 Replies