Selling items labelled "Not for resale" law

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:49 am
Is there a law against selling items marked "Sample-Not for resale" in the UK.

A person I know is selling several of these types of item in their shop.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,983 • Replies: 72
No top replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:51 am
Why, are you trying to make trouble for them?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:53 am
Yes.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:00 am
What, life running a little too smoothly for your liking?

Have you ever heard of karma?

I've never understood how someone can be so vindictive and make trouble for someone over a petty thing. Even someone I disliked.

Now, if someone were molesting someone, beating a spouse, or in some way harming another, that's different. Reporting someone like that is for the benefit of society in general.

Reporting someone for something petty like this makes them a very small person. All it ends up doing is creating a pissing match.

Instead, why not use your powers for good, instead of evil? Be a better person than that.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:03 am
I'd much rather get revenge on her for physically and mentally bullying me for the past 9 months. Thank you Smile

I'm the one that's balancing out the Karma, if that makes me a bad person, so be it.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:12 am
The beauty of karma is that YOU don't have to do a thing.

If karma were the same as revenge, we wouldn't need one of those words in our lexicon.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:13 am
I'd just like to point out that I don't go around going, "Ooh, look, you shouldn't be doing that! I'm telling on you!" This woman has made my life hell for the past few months and any trouble that I can cause her would make me feel better about the situation. She's got away with the way she's been behaving for far too long, everyone else was scared to stand up to her, or didn't think it was worth it. I do.

Karma hasn't quite caught up with her yet, I'm just helping the process along.

So, instead of judging the situation and telling me what I shouldn't be doing, does anyone know if there is an actual law against selling these products?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:17 am
You don't balance out Karma, that's done by the cosmos.

What does revenge gain you? Seriously?

You don't get a good wholesome feeling from it, you get a nasty sneaky thrill.

I meant it when I said you can use your powers for good instead of evil.

Instead of destructively using your time being coniving and a jackal, find some small way to make the world a better place.

You could buy some of these sample products yourself, and give them as gifts to people who can use them. Best to give the gifts anonymously.

Then, instead of scheming to get one person in some small trouble, you made several people realize in a small way the goodness of humanity.

Again, I'm being dead serious....have you ever anonymously done something good for another? Never letting them know it was you, just enjoying their enjoyment?

That's a much more powerful, growing feeling than being a small dark creature.

Someone has bullied you....pity them.

Be a bigger, better person than this, and refuse to lower yourself.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:20 am
Oh....BTW

Bella Dea is selling salt packets she stole from KFC for a nickel apiece.

She hangs around the roast corn wagon and blocks the salt shakers from view by standing in front of them.

She's cleaning up I tell ya.

Who should I report her to?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:25 am
Quote:
You don't get a good wholesome feeling from it, you get a nasty sneaky thrill.

And man do I love it. She's a nasty, vindictive bitch. She's rude to her customers, bullies her staff and tricks people out of money. She threatened a little old lady that I deliver to because she SPOKE to me. Does this not sound like the sort of person who deserves a taste of their own medicine?

Karma is scared of the bitch, but I'm not.

I won't stand back and let her bully me and other people who are scared to defend themselves!

I'm not passing on my money to her to give people these shitty little products that should be free. No-one I know will want them, but people in the shop buy them, and they shouldn't have to.

Dunno, kinda, nothing amazing. I do things for people because I appreciate them and don't ask for anything in return, isn't that the same thing?

Pity them? And let them treat me like ****? She's ruining my life, she's stopping me from doing my job, she's making me depressed because she's constantly telling me I'm **** and worthless. I'd much rather draw people's attention to how awful and spiteful she really is and then leave her in her pit of sorrow.

I want to make her see she can't get away with the way she treats people, or the things she does. Isn't that in the benefit of other people. I make her see she does not have the power to treat people like roaches and those people benefit. Elderly people can come into the shop without the fear that they're going to get their heads bitten off because they're confused about their medication.

Does this not seem like a worthy cause? Even to just start the process with a minor thing like this?

I expect Bella Dea is a lovely person who wouldn't shove her staff up against the wall and belittle everyone including her customers (who trust her to help them) in front of strangers?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:27 am
No.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:27 am
I'm not doing this to get her in trouble for selling items which should be free. I'm doing this to give her a wake up call; she's a bully through and through and someone needs to let her know she can't get away with it anymore.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:31 am
Well that's you. I + many other innocent people are her victims, I want to make life difficult for her in the way she's made life difficult for me and all those other people.

I don't want a lecture on Karma or being a good person. I want to know (as 'legal' is the category I've posted in) if selling these items IS illegal.

I didn't ask "Do you think it's right to get revenge on someone"

I asked if it was illegal to sell items labelled "not for resale"
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:31 am
Well then, you're actually doing a good deed aren't you?

The world will be grateful that you took up the cause and appointed yourself that "someone" that will "show her" and make the world a better place.

good luck with that.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
I didn't say that. I said it would make ME feel better. You know when someone belittles you and makes you want to destroy yourself, you kinda like to make THEM feel that way. Very Happy

Thanks for your input Chai.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:33 am
So, what's the matter with revenge. It's nothing more nor less than a learning experience for someone else.

If the stuff is labeled "not for resale", it's probable that the resale package includes consumer information not available on the stuff being sold. Who knows? It might be important.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:36 am
Let me ask YOU a question.

As a parent if you knew your child was being bullied, physically and mentally, would you not intervene?

...As a parent, if your child was being physically and mentally bullied by an adult, who should know better, but has been allowed to bully other children and even vulnerable adults for years and years without someone telling her not to, would you just stand back and say "Don't worry darling, Karma will get her eventually, you'll just have to get over those bruises and being told you're worthless for now."
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:37 am
keyword search on search engines
honeyrose: I find it a curiosity that you've spent the last few hours arguing this issue here when you could simply type the keywords into a search engine and get the answer for yourself.

On Google or any suitable search engine, type variations of the keywords " 'Not-for-resale' product laws in United Kingdom".

And, good luck with your attitude, too.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:39 am
roger wrote:
It's nothing more nor less than a learning experience for someone else.

What kind of learning experience roger? The kind that makes you feel bitterness toward the other?

Revenge teaches the one acted on nothing about how they could have better conducted themselves. It just perpetuates the cycle.

I'm in no way saying people who have done someone else wrong shouldn't have then drawn to their attention.

However, if possible it should be done in a way that inspires the other to examine their actions, and resolve to try to be a better person.

I don't see taking revenge on someone as producing positives results. It just makes the sickness linger on.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:41 am
honey_rose_cr wrote:
Let me ask YOU a question.

As a parent if you knew your child was being bullied, physically and mentally, would you not intervene?

...As a parent, if your child was being physically and mentally bullied by an adult, who should know better, but has been allowed to bully other children and even vulnerable adults for years and years without someone telling her not to, would you just stand back and say "Don't worry darling, Karma will get her eventually, you'll just have to get over those bruises and being told you're worthless for now."

I believe I answered that in the 2nd post I made on this thread.
0 Replies