No top replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:10 pm
wow. you really are quite the little one trick pony these days
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:15 pm
Where (why?) do you come up with this garbage? I got as far as:

"Obama out spent Hillary three-to-one only to get whipped in the Pennsylvania primary by a double-digit margin."

Eh, no he didn't... and no he didn't. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:20 pm
Debates are usually favored by losers, for the same reason vote recounts are. They have nothing to lose.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:46 pm
Miller is, and always has been, a one trick pony.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:00 pm
A "terrorist associated" President sounds like a good deal in light of the alternatives. I'm glad this was posted. Very Happy
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 11:07 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:

"Obama out spent Hillary three-to-one only to get whipped in the Pennsylvania primary by a double-digit margin."

Foolish mortal! Your puny facts are no match for Miller's monomania!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 11:13 pm
Perhaps this thread should be retitled, "Can We Hold Miller Accountable?"

Good one, Bill!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 11:56 pm
You tell 'em Miller! We should all vote for McCain! He promises nothing! He vows to continue the war and create more suffering! He doesn't give a damn about global warming or health care or any of that fruity stuff! And Obama has only been in 21 debates with Hillary! Let's sh!t on him for not holding that 22nd one! McCain doesn't hang out ith the 'wrong crowd'!
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:54 am
NickFun wrote:
You tell 'em Miller! We should all vote for McCain! He promises nothing! He vows to continue the war and create more suffering! He doesn't give a damn about global warming or health care or any of that fruity stuff! And Obama has only been in 21 debates with Hillary! Let's sh!t on him for not holding that 22nd one! McCain doesn't hang out ith the 'wrong crowd'!

What you gonna do when John McCain and all his McCainiacs run wild on ya!
McCain!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 05:37 am
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Spoken like a true Bo-Hunk... Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:01 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:

The AP is reporting that Obama outspent Clinton 3-1. Do you have some information that we are not privy to?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iZecbKcAcd5BUKos1DBquVPqnlUQD907D5580
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:36 am
Miller wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Spoken like a true Bo-Hunk... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Spoken like a true Chicagoan-wannabe Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:50 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Eh, no he didn't... and no he didn't.

maporsche wrote:
The AP is reporting that Obama outspent Clinton 3-1. Do you have some information that we are not privy to?

Clinton did not win by a double digit margin.
Her margin of victory was just slightly under 10%....
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:26 am
candidone1 wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Eh, no he didn't... and no he didn't.

maporsche wrote:

Clinton did not win by a double digit margin.
Her margin of victory was just slightly under 10%....

I understand that part.

I obviously did not dispute that "...and no he didn't".

I was disputing the first "Eh, no he didn't"
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 10:30 am
maporsche wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

The whole 'he outspent us, and we still won!' argument is BS to begin with. Hillary would have spent that money as well - were she able to raise it.

The test for her will be to come back and win NC and IN on the same day. It's the only real hope that she has. I can't think of a single state this cycle in which Obama was favored, but Clinton came back and won; yet, he's expected to do that in EVERY state in which she is heavily favored?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:02 pm
http://fish.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/04/27/much-ado/index.html

Quote:
But the literature the Clinton campaign is passing around about Obama and Ayers cannot be explained away or rationalized. It features bold heads proclaiming that Ayers doesn't regret his Weathermen activities (what does that have to do with Obama? Are we required to repudiate things acquaintances of our have not said?), that Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's senatorial campaign (do you take money only from people of whose every action you approve?), that Obama admired Ayers's 1997 book on the juvenile justice system, that Ayers and Obama participated on a panel examining the role of intellectuals in public life. That subversive event was sponsored by The Center for Public Intellectuals, an organization that also sponsored an evening conversation (moderated by me) between those notorious radicals Richard Rorty and Judge Richard Posner (also a neighbor of Ayers's; maybe the Federalist Society should expel him).

I don't see any crimes or even misdemeanors in any of this. I do see civic activism and a concern for the welfare of children. The suggestion that something sinister was transpiring on those occasions is backed up by nothing except the four-alarm-bell typography that accompanies this list of entirely innocent, and even praiseworthy, actions.

As for Senator McCain, in 2004 he repudiated the Swiftboat attacks against fellow veteran John Kerry, but this time around he's joining in, and if Obama gets the nomination, it seems that the Arizona senator will be playing the Ayers card. Of course, McCain knows a little about baseless accusations and innuendos, given his experience in South Carolina in 2000. And in case he has forgotten what it feels like, he may soon be reminded; for there's a story abroad on the Internet that says that rather than being a heroic, tortured prisoner of war, McCain was a collaborator who traded information for a comfortable apartment serviced by maids who were really prostitutes. I don't believe it for a second, just as I am sure that Senators McCain and Clinton don't really believe that Obama condones setting bombs or supports a radical agenda that was pursued (as he has said) when he was eight years old.

The difference is that I feel a little dirty just for having repeated a scurrilous rumor even as I rejected it. Apparently Obama's two opponents have no such qualms and are happily retailing, and wallowing in, the dirt.
0 Replies

Jonsey

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:14 pm
Quote:
The whole 'he outspent us, and we still won!' argument is BS to begin with. Hillary would have spent that money as well - were she able to raise it.

agreed. he only spent three times as much because he had the bigger mountain to climb.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:23 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
maporsche wrote:
OCCOM BILL wrote:

Cycloptichorn

Laughing
0 Replies