Fox News Resucitates Rev Wright's Image with Live Speech

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 06:48 pm
Wow! Switching channels, I see Jeremiah Wright giving a rousing speech, as it turns out I caught the end of it. It was a live event at the Detroit NAACP, the Fox News commentator in the hall only spoke positively of it. Geraldo then came on and said it was great then brought on Montel Williams who said Wright hit a home run. The only controversy, Wright refered to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama three times.

Fox seemed to be ready right there to pounce on him and it turns out there was nothing he said they could pounce on.

I wish I had sen the whole speech, ti will be on you tube soo, I am sure.

A Dr. Chavis on now "Great speech!"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 711 • Replies: 13
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 06:18 am
Re: Fox News Resucitates Rev Wright's Image with Live Speech
Roxxxanne wrote:
Wow! Switching channels, I see Jeremiah Wright giving a rousing speech, as it turns out I caught the end of it. It was a live event at the Detroit NAACP, the Fox News commentator in the hall only spoke positively of it. Geraldo then came on and said it was great then brought on Montel Williams who said Wright hit a home run. The only controversy, Wright refered to Obama as Barack Hussein Obama three times.

Fox seemed to be ready right there to pounce on him and it turns out there was nothing he said they could pounce on.

I wish I had sen the whole speech, ti will be on you tube soo, I am sure.

A Dr. Chavis on now "Great speech!"

How is this possible?
I thought FOX News was a rightwing propaganda organization that only said negative things and only attacked anyone on the left.

Are you saying that they were "fair and balanced" this time?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:17 am
Look up the word anomaly.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:57 pm
Re: Fox News Resucitates Rev Wright's Image with Live Speech
mysteryman wrote:
How is this possible?
I thought FOX News was a rightwing propaganda organization that only said negative things and only attacked anyone on the left.

i dunno... maybe they ran out of far rightwingers.

maybe the murdoch clan saw writing on the wall? now fox will become a far left propaganda machine ?

that would be interesting. will sean hannity's head explode on-air?? and maybe, o'reilly will just go away ?

hey, a guy can dream, huh? Laughing
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:12 pm
They ran the speech live, MM, that's what did it to them. Hard to edit, clip, and spin when you're doing the thing as it happens. And it looks like Wright outFoxed them at their own game.
0 Replies

username

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
And if you don't think they were running something as unlikely for Fox as a live speech from a controversial black pastor at an NAACP convention with the intention of getting something juicy they could spin against Obama, then you're much, much more credulous about their aims than I am.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm
I bet they had a field day with him today at the National Press Club.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:19 pm
username wrote:
And if you don't think they were running something as unlikely for Fox as a live speech from a controversial black pastor at an NAACP convention with the intention of getting something juicy they could spin against Obama, then you're much, much more credulous about their aims than I am.

Anytime that Wright is in public near a video cam, Fox runs it as breaking news.
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:44 am
I think that Rev Wright is enjoying his 15 minutes......and it's only going to get worse.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:51 am
tommrr wrote:
I think that Rev Wright is enjoying his 15 minutes......and it's only going to get worse.

think yer right. i'm getting the opportunist vibe from him. got a book coming out, blah, blah, blah.

he's not making it any easier for obama. with friends like that, who needs enemies?

but i'm sure there are some who'll disagree with me about that.
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 05:22 am
Obama's chances in the general election were already slim to nil...now the nomination is hanging in the balance thanks to Wright and Obama's inability to change.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:06 am
Obama's inability to change what?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:13 am
revel wrote:

Himself. Immersing himself and his family in this self aggrandizing fools church for 20 years then deny you ever heard the radical statements. Don't try to convince me you are the candidate of change after doing this.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 06:51 am
Brand X wrote:
revel wrote:

Himself. Immersing himself and his family in this self aggrandizing fools church for 20 years then deny you ever heard the radical statements. Don't try to convince me you are the candidate of change after doing this.

He never said he never heard the radical statements. What he said was he wasn't there for the sermon which Wright preached about God Damn America instead of God Bless America and he didn't hear about it until sometime during his run for presidency and once he heard about it he didn't see the need to quit because Wright was retiring and also he has ties to Wright and ties to his church which hasn't ever renounced to his credit. He has also said there had been times in the past where he did hear some thing Wright said which raised his eyebrows and that he didn't always agree with everything Wright has said in the time he has known him. He is believable to me; but it don't fit in a sound bite it's true. And sound bites are easier to run in today's media than long explanations and after a while all anyone hears is the sound bites.

What Obama wants to change is precisely what is happening in this campaign cycle, I hope he is given the chance to do it.
0 Replies