25th Anniversary: Hawaii or Tahiti?

Eva

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 08:38 pm
Okay, it looks like we're looking at the last week of July and first week of August.

There's so much information out there on Hawaii that we're completely overwhelmed. I'm calling a travel agent on Monday.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 04:46 pm
Okay! Reservations are made!

On July 26, we fly to Honolulu. We'll stay in Waikiki for a couple of days, see Pearl Harbor, etc., then fly to Maui. We'll stay in an oceanfront villa on the northwest point of the island for a whole week. Here's a link to the property...

http://www.kapalua.com/accommodations/villas/gold_villas.php
(There are virtual tours of three villas here.)

We leave Maui on August 5 and fly to San Francisco. We'll see the sights, including a day trip to Sonoma wine country and a big family reunion picnic arranged by my favorite relative (an aunt.) My sister may even fly down from Anacortes, WA...we'll see.

Home on August 10. Gone two weeks in all.

I can hardly wait!!!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 05:01 pm
That looks fab, Eva - you'll have a blast. Congrats on the special anniversary to both of you, too.

Have a great, great time! Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:36 pm
Thank you, Mame!

I have about 11 travel guides here, and I'm already going through them daily.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:37 pm
Yeah, then you'll get there and do two of those things! The rest of the time you'll be in the pool, strolling around, eating... Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 06:49 pm
That's half the fun of vacationing!!!

Actually, I'm not a pool girl. I'll be on the beach, sitting in one of those low beach chairs in the edge of the water. ("Bring me another pina colada, would you please?")
0 Replies

mckenzie

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 11:09 pm
Kapalua Resort, ummmm, I remember it well. Still have the beach towels with the butterfly logo we mailed home years ago. Beautiful place. Good choice!
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 12 Jun, 2008 11:31 pm
Eva wrote:
That's half the fun of vacationing!!!

Actually, I'm not a pool girl. I'll be on the beach, sitting in one of those low beach chairs in the edge of the water. ("Bring me another pina colada, would you please?")

Not to mention "Can you fan a little faster, please?? I'm HOT for some reason!"

We did several things we found in the guide books but more that weren't. If this weren't an anniversary, I'd be tempted to join you. I think you'd be a fun person to vacation with. As it is, try try try to have a good time without me!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:10 pm
You can come if you like, Mame. Really!

I'll need someone to work the fan.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 08:15 pm
I think you made a good choice Eva, Maui is much more glamourous than the Big Island. When I get bored I head off to Maui for a few days. Big Island is very laid back and very Hawaiian. I always refer to it as the blue collar mecca of the Pacific.

Have fun.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:57 am
We had a tough time deciding between the islands, Sglass. I would have liked to see the Big Island and Kauai as well. The Big Island offers good diving for the boys, but none of us were particularly interested in seeing erupting volcanos. Oahu was a must (for a couple of days anyway) because both Hubby's and my father spent WWII in the Pacific. Maui offered more for SonofEva to do than Kauai (which I might have preferred.)

Finally, we relied heavily on our travel agent's advice. She booked our honeymoon trip 25 years ago (as well as many others), and she knows Hawaii like the back of her hand. It's her favorite place on earth, and she knows us well. We know we can trust her.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 11:09 pm
Less than 2 weeks to go!

(Must find a big T-shirt to wear when snorkeling. I lose track of time, and my back gets sunburnt something awful. Speaking of which, must add sunblock to shopping list, too.)

Note to self: Call pet sitter tomorrow...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:48 am
Flight leaves at 8:30 a.m. tomorrow!!!

Today is packing & errands day. I THINK I have everything...no, wait.
<scurrying>
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 08:50 am
Have a GREAT time, Eva. And, congrats to you and Mr Eva.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:24 am
Thanks, J! Cool
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 09:44 am
Happy for you all..
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Fri 25 Jul, 2008 03:41 pm
Aloha, Eva!!

Have a great second, third and fourth honeymoon Very Happy

http://www.vintagepostcards.org/auctions/hawaii-hawaiiana-bird-of-paradise-tourists-humor.jpg
0 Replies