McCain's Boy Hagee Says Katrina was God Damning America

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 05:44 pm
Hagee

m sure this latest America-hating outburst by the bigoted preacher and McCain supporter John Hagee will lead to endless 24/7 analysis in the corporate media, especially Faux News, be the subject of an entire presidential debate, and raise all kinds of "electability" issues with regards to St. McCain, right?

PRAGER: Right, but in the case, did NPR get, is this quote correct though that in the case of New Orleans you do feel it was sin?

HAGEE: In the case of New Orleans, their plan to have that homosexual rally was sin. But it never happened. The rally never happened.

PRAGER: No, I understand.

HAGEE: It was scheduled that Monday.

PRAGER: No, I'm only trying to understand that in the case of New Orleans, you do feel that God's hand was in it because of a sinful city?

HAGEE: That it was a city that was planning a sinful conduct, yes.

Shorter John Hagee: God damned the US because of teh gay.

What's funny about the timing of this is that St. McCain was in New Orleans today, and got very bitchy about his boy Hagee spoiling his photo-op:

"It's nonsense, it's nonsense, it's nonsense, it's nonsense, it's nonsense. I don't have anything additional to say. It's nonsense, it's nonsense, it's nonsense, I don't have anything more to say….it's nonsense. I reject it categorically."

Uh, that's not quite good enough St. McCain. Remember what you said about Obama?

I can tell you there are dramatic differences in our views. He's been endorsed by MoveOn.org, same organization that ran the Petraeus ad. It indicated where he is.

So unless St. McCain completely renounces and rejects Hagee's endorsement, which he actively pursued and is still "glad to have" -- we'll have to assume by McCain's own standard that Hagee's endorsement tells us a lot about "where he is."
share this Share This spotlight
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 713 • Replies: 11
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 05:59 pm
McCain sharply critical of Bush response to Katrina

Steve Holland
Reuters US Online Report Top News

Apr 24, 2008 15:56 EST

NEW ORLEANS (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidate John McCain sharply criticized on Thursday what he called the Bush administration's disgraceful handling of Hurricane Katrina and vowed, "Never again."

McCain, putting some distance between himself and President George W. Bush, said if he had been president during the 2005 catastrophe he would have immediately visited New Orleans during the initial shock aftermath of the killer storm.

"I'm just saying I would've landed my airplane at the nearest Air Force base and come over personally," he said.
link And what did US Senator McCain do during the crucial Katrina time period? Did he advise the President to act? http://hughesforamerica.typepad.com/hughes_for_america/images/capt.azsw10208291734.bush_azsw102.jpg http://www.mydd.com/story/2005/8/31/9520/46323
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 06:15 pm
so hagee and wright are both idiots. tit for tat.
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:44 pm
"McCain's Boy"???

Their boy????????????????????????//

you racist POS.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 08:49 pm
Hagee might like McCain; however, what would McCain be doing with a mega-church minister like Hagee? McCain, I thought, was an Episcopalian? Cup of tea?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:54 pm
fishin wrote:
"McCain's Boy"???

Their boy????????????????????????//

you racist POS.

You are a little confused abiout the pejorative use of the word boy. I know you are kidding, of course. In the South, ole boy, good ole boy is a term of endearment.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:54 pm
Foofie wrote:
Hagee might like McCain; however, what would McCain be doing with a mega-church minister like Hagee? McCain, I thought, was an Episcopalian? Cup of tea?

I thought he was a Baptist.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 06:37 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Foofie wrote:

I thought he was a Baptist.

Perhaps I'm wrong; however, what's wrong with Hagee? I know he's pro-Israel. That's bad?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:31 pm
I'm can see why you like that logic, but if McCain didn't say it, then McCain didn't say it.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 10:34 am
Gee Rox. When I used the word boy in a post about Obama you jumped me about being a raciest pig. What was the difference between my use and your use. If I knew how to repost my racist comment I would so you could point out where I was wrong and you are right.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 10:52 am
it has already explained that a few posts up. It's right you're wrong is what it boils down to. No news here... move along you looky lous.... nothing to see :wink:
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 11:00 am
Hagee is pro Israel alright. He wants Armageddon to bring about the Rapture and the Second Coming of Christ and Israel is key to escalating that war. And in the end all Jews must convert to Christ or die. Yup Hegee is pro Israel alright.
0 Replies