This F**king Cat

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:10 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
You want me to arrange that, Bear?

no but you could take chai for a ride...

I am a mere mortal. Only gods ride Chai.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:11 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
because he sheds all over every f**king thing... I'm inhaling cat hair... he gets on my pillow, purrs in my ear.... and I'm a light sleeper. I also pay the f**cking rent and buy the food. I also have black bed linens...It's you who don't get it. This is not a kitten.... this is a mature 2 year old cat.

So....why not close YOUR bedroom door so he can't get in?

Does Stephen mind it? If your door is closed, he'll probably go sleep with him.

If there is a particular place on the bed he like to lay down, put a beach towel there.

Bear, I get it. I get that you can't have an animal in the house, and not change your lifestyle in some way because it's there.

jezzer is 15 or 16 years old...she's always been a bit daffy. Now, she's quite a bit daffy. A year ago she decided she didn't like to pee in the litter box in the mud room, and started peeing in the closet in the room (no door to closet) After cleaning it up with oxy power, we put a second litter box in the closet....she decided she didn't like peeing in the closet, and moved to the tile floor in the dining room. The upshot is we now have a litter box in the middle of the dining room, with a puppy training pad next to it. Some days her muse tells her to pee in the box, other days, the voices tell her to pee on the puppy training pad. As long as there's no odor, I don't care. I mean, I certainly don't like having a litter box 10 feet away from the front door, but it's that or live in a house that smells like cat piss.

She's an old woman. I'm responsible for her. She's got no health problems to warrant putting her down, and I'm not going to just because she getting senile. She's happy.

I'm seriously trying not to make you mad bear, I know it's extra effort.

I know from experience you're not going to make the cat do things your way, if it doesn't benefit him in some way.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:13 pm
under the couch.... and the window sills... I always pull the blinds and draw the curtains so he can watch the world go by and he is totally undisturbed when he's chilling there.... I'm not completely inexperienced.... I've owned animals...as for over petting and loving.... no one EVER just picks him up... I know bee=tter than that.... he is very affectionate and comes to us all the time....please don't get me wrong... he's a very sweet dispositioned cat.... he just has some very bad habits...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:13 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
cyphercat wrote:
Okay, well I see while I was writing that you answered why not in the bedrooms--black sheets *snort*---uh, excuse me! sinus problems Razz

what's wrong with black? and it's my comforter and shams that are black... my sheets are white...

I just had to laugh 'cause it fits your image so perfectly. Smile Not in a mean way, in an "of course Bear has black bedding" way.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:14 pm
it goes really well with all my satanic erotic artwork...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:15 pm
BPB - plenty of people manage to keep cats out of bedrooms/particular areas of houses - takes time and work and persistence, but if it is important to you - you can achieve the goal. Cats aren't mmmm easily trainable, but it is possible.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:16 pm
Wait.

What kind of material are those sheets? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:18 pm
As long as we are talking about cats, let me tell you about mine. She is dying. I believe she has some sort of cancer because she is constantly throwing up or ejecting fluids from other orifices and the smell is something you would expect to find in the deepest pits of hell.

And I think I am dying with her. I seriously believe when Wench dies I will be soon behind. It is just some sort of ominous feeling that I have.

I remember her as a kitten, lying on my chest. We had a special bond. And now she is a skeleton of a cat -- nothing left but fur and bones and the odor of death which I mentioned.

I am ready to meet my maker. I have led a full, rich life. But, what of Wench?

Will her afterlife be a good one?

Or will she be chased by the hounds of hell?

Obviously, my concern is understandable.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:30 pm
Chai wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
because he sheds all over every f**king thing... I'm inhaling cat hair... he gets on my pillow, purrs in my ear.... and I'm a light sleeper. I also pay the f**cking rent and buy the food. I also have black bed linens...It's you who don't get it. This is not a kitten.... this is a mature 2 year old cat.

So....why not close YOUR bedroom door so he can't get in?

Does Stephen mind it? If your door is closed, he'll probably go sleep with him.

If there is a particular place on the bed he like to lay down, put a beach towel there.

Bear, I get it. I get that you can't have an animal in the house, and not change your lifestyle in some way because it's there.

jezzer is 15 or 16 years old...she's always been a bit daffy. Now, she's quite a bit daffy. A year ago she decided she didn't like to pee in the litter box in the mud room, and started peeing in the closet in the room (no door to closet) After cleaning it up with oxy power, we put a second litter box in the closet....she decided she didn't like peeing in the closet, and moved to the tile floor in the dining room. The upshot is we now have a litter box in the middle of the dining room, with a puppy training pad next to it. Some days her muse tells her to pee in the box, other days, the voices tell her to pee on the puppy training pad. As long as there's no odor, I don't care. I mean, I certainly don't like having a litter box 10 feet away from the front door, but it's that or live in a house that smells like cat piss.

She's an old woman. I'm responsible for her. She's got no health problems to warrant putting her down, and I'm not going to just because she getting senile. She's happy.

I'm seriously trying not to make you mad bear, I know it's extra effort.

I know from experience you're not going to make the cat do things your way, if it doesn't benefit him in some way.

chai what is it you don't get? I shut both bedroom doors and if you'll read the posts... the cat tries to dig his way under the doors and has ripped up the carpet in this RENTAL place...and if you think I'm not modifying my behavior you're crazy... stephen and I sweep and mop the bathroom floor EVERY day.... scoop the litter box EVERY day... am awakened by 7 am after getting in bed from work at 2 or 3 EVERY day....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:31 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
As long as we are talking about cats, let me tell you about mine. She is dying. I believe she has some sort of cancer because she is constantly throwing up or ejecting fluids from other orifices and the smell is something you would expect to find in the deepest pits of hell.

And I think I am dying with her. I seriously believe when Wench dies I will be soon behind. It is just some sort of ominous feeling that I have.

I remember her as a kitten, lying on my chest. We had a special bond. And now she is a skeleton of a cat -- nothing left but fur and bones and the odor of death which I mentioned.

I am ready to meet my maker. I have led a full, rich life. But, what of Wench?

Will her afterlife be a good one?

Or will she be chased by the hounds of hell?

Obviously, my concern is understandable.

cats are already the souls of the damned gus.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:32 pm
mushypancakes wrote:
Wait.

What kind of material are those sheets? Twisted Evil

human skin....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:33 pm
actually mushy... they're just plain 600 count egyptian cotton sheets....

now, have a cup of tea.... it's just plain lipton tea...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:37 pm
Ok - so the cat's alone while you're out working (which you have to do, I get that). Then the cat's alone in the bathroom while you're sleeping.

I get that you need to sleep, but it sounds like the cat could be more than just a bit bored - and not as worn out as it needs to be.

Where is the cat while you're at work - what's it got to keep itself busy during that time? Do you do something with it once you get home to wear it out?

One of the cats I had as a foster years ago needed to play wildly for about half an hour at the end of the evening so that I could get some peaceful sleep.

I offered Ziggy a bit of catnip - then about 15 minutes later - threw her favourite toy up the stairs for about half an hour. She loved to play fetch - and it was great for my pitching arm.

But ... if I didn't put that time in, my scalp would be raw in the morning from her relentless kneading.

Gotta say, I missed her - but was very happy to see her go to her forever home.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 12:38 pm
he's home with stephen getting all grades of attention and love while I'm at work.... if you recall, that's why i got the cat... so Stephen would have some company.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:08 pm
ahh, I thought Stephen might be with you while you're gigging.

Is the cat particularly anxious to be loved-up by you, or is it an all-the-time-need-more-love situation?

I still wonder about the activity thing. Ziggy really needed to be worn out before anyone tried to get some sleep.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:19 pm
he's pretty demanding about being petted.... when he's ready. He's also VERY vocal.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:21 pm
Chai wrote:
See, I just don't see any of that as going to any particular lengths.

those who say it keeps them from walking properly haven't looked at the anatomy of a cat. It does use that knuckle for walking, balance for standing. It's only used when extended for a full claw usage, not even extended fully for running.

Well, into every life a little rain must fall. The cat has his pain for a couple, 3, 4 days....then lives the next 15 or 20 years never getting punished or resented for clawing.

Scrathing posts?

Yeah, right.

meant to say that knuckle ISN'T used for walking.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:22 pm
Good point, Beth...Extra activity can be a huge help. My cats were being really nutty at night for a while and we found that if we spent a while (20 minutes, twice a day if we had time, once if not) getting them to be reeeeeally active, they slept through the night.

They get attention constantly and it sounds like your guy does too, but that doesn't help with the excess energy. They needed to have crazy, zooming around, falling all over the place, string-chasing time. Make sure Stephen gets him to spend time pouncing on string for an extended period every day...

One other thing--you said he's 2, right? That's still right in the middle of the crazy years. They don't get over that kitten energy and playfulness for quite a while, in my experience anyway.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:42 pm
some koreans just moved in next door... problems may be solved.... :wink:
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 01:47 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
actually mushy... they're just plain 600 count egyptian cotton sheets....

now, have a cup of tea.... it's just plain lipton tea...

Crying or Very sad

Oh well.
0 Replies