This F**king Cat

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 10:46 am
perhaps I should market my pee as toilet merlot?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:36 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
the squirt gun... the loud noises... the swatting.... the hit with a flying shoe.... to no avail.....did I mention he's vocal as hell too? did I also mention that he got between my legs while I was at the toilet and started drinking my urine as I was peeing?

perhaps a lude or some valium?

Cat nip.

My cats eat it and then act crazy for 5 minutes and then crash.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 08:06 am
haha. It's a kitten, isn't it?

All kittens are nuts. Older cats are a hell of a lot more relaxed in general.

My suggestion? Get an older cat to keep the little one in line. :wink:

Hint: Terrorizing hard headed little animals like cats will only make 'em crazier. They can smell your fear and will seek vengence. (at least that is my experience).

When a friend of mine who liked to terrorize my girl with loud noises and chasing her around and squirting her with stuff (I don't do that; hate it, don't believe it works) comes around, the cat goes straight for a way to "get him".
This is a cat who has never ever peed on the floor, my room, or anything - but she will pee in his shoes.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 08:48 am
Bear, I'm not clear on whether this is a kitten, young cat, or adult.

I agree with shewolfs advice.

Declaw it....you say it's already fixed.

The anti-declawing league will come out in force now to tell me I'm evil, but you are a perfect example of a good reason for declawing your cat, IF it is an indoor cat.

Cruel to declaw a cat?

Crueler to consider "taking it for a ride", screaming, hitting, and stressing it at every turn for it doing what comes naturally to it.

Aside....I find it horrible how people can make jokes about the cat "becoming ill suddenly", "going for a ride" etc. when you would never say such a thing about a puppy or dog engaging in equivilent behavior.

If it was a dog destroying your furniture, you'd be bending over backwards trying to think of a way to make the dog stop, without destroying it.

$200 is a small price to pay.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:16 am
the cat is almost 2... he is NOT mistreated... he has food in front of him and clean water at ALL times... he eats like a ravenous puppy... I bought one of those furminators to try and take care of the fur problem... any suggestions on how to get him to hold still for it? He is fixed.... and sprays anyway.

When he wants on your bedroom he will put his paws under the door and throw himself against it... he has ripped the carpet up in all the doorjambs.... we now put him in the bathroom overnight.... where he has figured out how to open cabinet doors... destroy the toilet paper... sponges.... anything at hand. Last night he got into the Goody's powders and ate a few... that's a lot of caffeine... he slammed himself into the doors and howled like a banshee.... when I finally got up he spent the morning standing up on his back legs and swatting like a boxing kangaroo.... he was overstimulated to say the least.
Laughing I called the vet and he said he'd crash and might have the runs but not to worry about it if he'd been several hours and was not dead.

I have talked to Stephen and told him that at night before he puts Puss in the bathroom for the night he must check to be sure anything that might make the cat sick is safely stored.....

I am currently nursing a couple of scratches and so is bpb jr from trying to brush the cat.

I will NEVER weaken and own another cat. I will take care of this one because Stephen loves him and he is good company for him..... but NEVER again.

Looking for suggestions on how to get Puss to hold still for a brushing because this furmantor thing really works.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:19 am
Chai wrote:

The anti-declawing league will come out in force now to tell me I'm evil, but you are a perfect example of a good reason for declawing your cat, IF it is an indoor cat.

Cruel to declaw a cat?

Crueler to consider "taking it for a ride", screaming, hitting, and stressing it at every turn for it doing what comes naturally to it.

Aside....I find it horrible how people can make jokes about the cat "becoming ill suddenly", "going for a ride" etc. when you would never say such a thing about a puppy or dog engaging in equivilent behavior.

If it was a dog destroying your furniture, you'd be bending over backwards trying to think of a way to make the dog stop, without destroying it.

thanks for the assumption that I'd do something cruel to the animal. Your indignation is a little hard to take seriously when you make jokes about tasting animal cum to check the breed. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:20 am
DrewDad wrote:
Perhaps a Urologist visit?

If I can't afford the urologist.... the cat can't afford the urologist :wink:
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:25 am
It's the long way, but all the cats I've had (or fostered) - I've taught them to sit still for brushing, trimmings, etc. by the positive re-enforcement method.

It takes time but works, and more important the cat learns to really trust you.

Basically it's starting small and stopping when the cat is stressed. Only doing the brushing when the cat is enjoying it. So you build up positive experiences with the brush, with sitting still, with being touched all over.

Others will probably have other ideas, but this works...and Stephen could get involved in it once the cat is no longer scratching and or biting.

I'd regulate the cat's food. Put structure into the cats life. Cats love structure. And then you can reward him when he is good, too, and it will mean something. (it'll mean he'll want the treat enough to play along).

There is spray, and natural stuff too that repels cats from furniture and stuff. You could use that on the carpets, at least to try.

Sorry...poor guy sounds fiesty and a handful. One of those hyper kitties for sure.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:27 am
Perhaps a mild sedative? it might give you enough time to use the furminator

I know a friend of mine who's posted here (I'll see if I can get her back on this topic) was given tranqs to give to one of her Siamese years ago.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:30 am
mushypancakes wrote:
It's the long way, but all the cats I've had (or fostered) - I've taught them to sit still for brushing, trimmings, etc. by the positive re-enforcement method.

It takes time but works, and more important the cat learns to really trust you.

Basically it's starting small and stopping when the cat is stressed. Only doing the brushing when the cat is enjoying it. So you build up positive experiences with the brush, with sitting still, with being touched all over.

Others will probably have other ideas, but this works...and Stephen could get involved in it once the cat is no longer scratching and or biting.

I'd regulate the cat's food. Put structure into the cats life. Cats love structure. And then you can reward him when he is good, too, and it will mean something. (it'll mean he'll want the treat enough to play along).

There is spray, and natural stuff too that repels cats from furniture and stuff. You could use that on the carpets, at least to try.

Sorry...poor guy sounds fiesty and a handful. One of those hyper kitties for sure.

the starting small idea was mine... but he started scratching on the 4th. stroke..... and this is a cat who although is destructive to property is very gentle with people.

I do give the cat treats occasionally... he stands up to beg for them like a dog... but not having food in front of him is out of the question. I cannot begin to describe the voracity of this cat's appetite.... nor how he will meow without cease and NOT get off of you when he wants to eat which is always... and I mean he'll eat ANYTHING! I turned my back for 30 seconds yesterday and he got on the coffee table and started drinking my orange juice from the glass. And btw he's lean.... not overweight at all. and yes he's worm and parasite free.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:31 am
ehBeth wrote:
Perhaps a mild sedative? it might give you enough time to use the furminator

I know a friend of mine who's posted here (I'll see if I can get her back on this topic) was given tranqs to give to one of her Siamese years ago.

now we're talking... and some for me too. :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:33 am
that was how I typed it first - tranqs for two Cool
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:35 am
I know this sounds weird, but if you got another cat for it to play with it, it might leave you and you stuff alone, then again it might escalate the reign of terror.

To keep cats off counters and stuff use double sided sticky tape with cayenne pepper!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:36 am
I'm sure your post and suggestion is sincere and given in good faith Chumly my Chum but HELL NO!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:38 am
Oh.......check out the edit I made above about the pepper.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:40 am
Chumly wrote:
Oh.......check out the edit I made above about the pepper.

now that might be a good thought.... he's not a dumb cat.... maybe he'd get it....I may try that... thanks.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:48 am
And to think you've always been so fond of Pussy.... Very Happy
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:56 am
care to try out my new furminator?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Chai wrote:

Cruel to declaw a cat?

thanks for the assumption that I'd do something cruel to the animal. Your indignation is a little hard to take seriously when you make jokes about tasting animal cum to check the breed. Laughing

Sorry, I wasn't addressing this specifically to you...although you did mention taking him for a ride.

It's just that overall, there's this assumption with many that they can simply get ride of an animal simple because it doesn't fall into the catagory of "I'll obey you, you're the master". Cat's obviously aren't built that way.

I've had a number of cats now...total of 5 over the last 23 years. They live a long time when you keep them indoors. Sometimes 3 cats at a time, like now, never less than 2.

Bottom line bear, you're not going to "get" the cat to do anything, let alone make it. Cat's look at the world with the eye of "how is this going to benefit me?" It's up to the human to figure out a way that the cat will behave in an acceptable way, because it thinks this is making things better for him.

For instance, the declawing. Break down and do it. Then, when the cat digs in the carpet, tears into things, etc. he thinks "Ha! They have realized they cannot control my clawing, and I love to claw." Plus, you no longer have to lock the cat in the bathroom.

Clue....you cat does not like to be locked in the bathroom all night, as evidenced by his trying to get out much of the time.

As far a brushing....you can't just walk up to a cat and start brushing it. Would you like it if you were minding your own business and someone started going through you hair without your permission, holding you down, saying "I don't care for this, and if you persist, I'm gonna sock you one."

You've got to build up to it. Wait until he's in a laid back mood, lounging, and start with your hands rubbing stratching various areas, finding out where he likes it and where he doesn't. When you've learned that, that's the area you can at first gently apply the brush, then more firmly. I'm talking about over a period of days.

2 of my cats love to have the area by their whiskers sratched, and all around their mouth. While I'm doing that, they're concentrating on that, and I can attend to another task with them with my other hand.

I could go on with other stories of how I've had to make accomodations for my kids to make them happy. Some would scoff and say it's too much trouble. I say, when my pets are happy, having their cat-like needs met, I'm happy because they are meeting my need for sanity.

Your cat knows you at resentful of his behavior. Thing is, he's not a dog that wants to do something to please you. He's waiting for you to get over it. Accomodating him is a win/win situation.

How much can Stephen get involved in this process?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 10:10 am
you're not getting the bathroom thing.... it's not that he resents being in the bathroom... he resents not being allowed on the bed or in the bedrooms with Stephen and I and that's not going to happen... therfore he's going to be pissed and destructive wherever he is in the house.... and the bathroom is where he can do the least damage.
0 Replies