spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 12:56 pm
I'm betting on "she".
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:46 pm
TCR- raprap is last poster on more threads than me. Have you missed him out on purpose or did you not bother checking before blurting.

Obviously not when a fatuous smear of spendi is in the mind.

And what's up with being last man standing. Isn't that the first principle of evolution. Do we all have to fall at the first fence now to meet with your approval. Have you no personal issues then? If you like to think not don't come in my pub.

I have a thing about lingerie I'll admit but I don't really understand why. They rub noses somewhere out East to get it on. As getting it on is associated with reproduction and that's the crux of evolution how do you explain the difference. Then there's plate lips, tiny feet, stretched necks, and all sorts of wierd and wonderful things. Phwoooaaaar!!! Hottentots!!!

And everybody has "personal issues" I think. Maybe not the ones in a coma. To use the phrase as a pejoritive is to believe in word magic and what is much worse to think viewers also do.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:51 pm
Spendi, how many times when yer the last man standing can ya still stand? :wink:

Have one on me...

RH
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
spendius wrote:
And what's up with being last man standing. Isn't that the first principle of evolution.

No, that would be eugenics, spendi. We've told you this many times before, but you keep plugging your fingers into your ears as can be evidenced in the Intelligent Design thread.
0 Replies

TheCorrectResponse

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:12 pm
Quote:
raprap is last poster on more threads than me.

Seeing that he has about 3% of the posts you do that is highly unlikely. By the way how did you come to that conclusion? By taking the time to wade through all the posts listed and count those Rap last posted on vs. the ones you did to get that fact…no wait…

Quote:
It's this sticking to the facts we don't much care for.

...you don't like facts.

I guess the voices in your head told you it was true. Ask them if they ever wondered the reason RapRap is the last on a thread is because he gave the poster a reasonable answer. Something you have never been guilty of.

At least you're getting people to talk to you…and ruining Boomerang's thread…I hope everyone doesn't go radio silent on you…I'd hate to see another Spendi mulit-post meltdown.

I'm here for you buddy. Feel better!
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:15 pm
You are failing to understand that I am overjoyed when I am not last man standing. It means I have learned something.

There's nothing wrong with being LMS except that you haven't learned anything. I look to get defeated in arguments not win them.

And with this sort of thing-

Quote:
We've told you this many times before, but you keep plugging your fingers into your ears as can be evidenced in the Intelligent Design thread.

it doesn't look likely soon on here. It is meaningless Wolf I'm afraid. It is even incorrect as it cannot fairly be claimed that my A2K ears are plugged up. And I don't know who the "we" is meant to be and eugenics was a subject I raised the other day and has been generally ignored as it was when I raised it a few thousand posts back. Probably during one of your long absences.

And LMS and eugenics are not connected.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:25 pm
Generally ignored? I addressed the damned post, and then you claimed that wasn't your position and then had a hissy fit. Unless you're talking about a completely different post.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:28 pm
The "Theory" of Gravity refuted.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 02:29 pm
TCR wrote-

Quote:
Seeing that he has about 3% of the posts you do that is highly unlikely. By the way how did you come to that conclusion? By taking the time to wade through all the posts listed and count those Rap last posted on vs. the ones you did to get that fact…no wait…

What does number of posts have to do with being last poster. However unlikely it is a fact though I'm sorry to have to tell you.

What you do is skim the right hand column, click page 2, skim, click page 3, skim. That's enough pages. A minute maybe. 2 if you can't see so good.

Quote:
I guess the voices in your head told you it was true. Ask them if they ever wondered the reason RapRap is the last on a thread is because he gave the poster a reasonable answer. Something you have never been guilty of.

I think you are getting in a tangle TCR. Is it a good thing or a bad thing to end a thread?

Oh- don't bother. If spendi does it it's a bad thing. Sheesh!

Quote:
At least you're getting people to talk to you…and ruining Boomerang's thread

boomer ( it's a little "b" not a big big "b"--can't you even get a person's name right?) never said anything. I'll let boomer know that you are there to help.

Quote:
I hope everyone doesn't go radio silent on you…I'd hate to see another Spendi mulit-post meltdown.

They will do what they do. I can't see why you have hopes for them. They don't need you to have I'm sure. And there's no chance of your hopes affecting their behaviour.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:31 pm
Now I notice that arguing my corner is a "hissy fit". I'm Gentleman Jim compared what I have had thrown at me. You seem to just forget everything you read.

I'm hearing voices a bit further back.

I've said such things about nobody and they are a daily happening coming my way.

I consider the latter to be a serious breach of TOS. Not that I mind. TOS are nothing to do with me. But it is declaring me insane. And associating me with some well known cases. Which is a bit much for most people's tastes.

It's so unsporting in my view. I've dived in many a snooker match when I can see my opponent is serious about it when there's no money on. I'm a good sport. I once handed the rugby ball over to a big bloke who was snorting. It didn't cause any crisis or anything of that sort. I've played a lot of team games in my time.

Now I'll be a musical instrument player with some changing room witticisms I suppose.

Rather that than it raining when I'm strolling down tut pub.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 03:41 pm
I can tell that I'm completely out of whatever loop this is but ebrown -- that intelligent falling article was hilarous!

I'll keep checking in just in case someone is able to present some reason why ID is an actual theory. Until then.... carry on with whatever this is.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 05:09 pm
boomerang wrote-

Quote:
I can tell that I'm completely out of whatever loop this is but ebrown -- that intelligent falling article was hilarous!

I thought so too boomer.

It was something to do with how serious it is, and how self-sacrificing, to be an important person.

The guy on the right had me nearly pissing my pantaloons but I remembered that he is somebody's pride and joy and probably, statistics being what they are, and taking a guess at his age, somebody's Daddie, ignoring the bags round his eyes (too many conferences I should imagine- a few months at home with the wife will soon put that right), so I kept myself in check out of respect for a fellow traveller doing his best under all the circumstances the most important of which is not having to sweat.

It was the way he was pretending to take an interest in what the wacker with the white trimmed beard and black ticklers was spouting while all the while rehearsing what he was going to say when it came to his turn.

I think the guy in the middle is just bemused and is only there for the beer.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 05:14 pm
He was explaining the dynamics of falling **** whilst keeping a straight face. That's no mean feat. I can't do it.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 05:52 pm
Are you just trying to bury my thread?

Seriously, I'm curious as to what your intention is.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:09 pm
Commenting on the passing scene.

The pic eb posted is a part of that. It's only a theory.

What's your theory? You asked about theories. Not me.

Are those guys kidding or are they serious?

It is a science forum after all. On such a forum you need to be able to consider alternative hypothoseses.

You can't just say that your own hypothesis is valid on a science forum.

That's an indulgence on other forums.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:14 pm
They're kidding. The Onion is a humor magazine.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:19 pm
boomerang wrote:
Are you just trying to bury my thread?

Seriously, I'm curious as to what your intention is.

You don't know this clown--a fact for which you should be grateful. This mental diarrhea is his m.o.

Drop kick me Jesus
Through the goal posts of life . . .

Sing a little song, do a little dance, Boom, and ignore the silly old Limey drunk . . .
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:22 pm
Well- I was only going on a picture.

I didn't know about The Onion.

I do know how angels fly, how Jesus ascended into Heaven, and how Satan fell when cast out of Paradise though.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:24 pm
Sorry, boom, but we are headed to religion in a handbasket... Rolling Eyes
RH
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 06:59 pm
Obviously I should have listened to the earlier warnings but I don't think I've come across spendius before and I was honestly curious about what he was doing here. When someone comes along and spoils what is otherwise an interesting thread I guess I think they must have a motive.

Okay then. Live and learn. I'll take the warnings to heart now.

Thanks to all who took a stab at educating me. I really do appreciate it. I feel a bit smarter today!
0 Replies