THE ARCHITECTS OF WAR: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 09:08 am
THE ARCHITECTS OF WAR: WHERE ARE THEY NOW?

http://thinkprogress.org/the-architects-where-are-they-now/

Must read! Evil or Very Mad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,268 • Replies: 22
No top replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:50 am
They still are alive and kicking and make their noise POLLUTION
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:01 am
To err is human
to admit it obviously not.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:40 pm
Where are they now?

Saddam is dead, hung for a fraction of the crimes and suffering he caused.

Bin Ladin is hiding out within a radical region in Pakistan bordering on Afghanistan. Most of his top lieutenants are dead, or in custody.

The heads of Saudi Arabia's Radical Islamic schools still draw their pay and continue to preach hatred of the West/U.S. and inspire youth to commit suicide while murdering innocent civilians in the name of Allah.

The Mullahs of Iran still preside over a Theocracy while building a a military capability to blackmail, or coerce other regional States into compliance with Iranian policies. They brag on their efforts toward acquiring nuclear arms (only for electricity; wink,wink), while threatening all out war against Israel.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:50 pm
^ Laughing

Very funny post Asherman, great diversion. How are you keeping young man?
I miss some of your lengthy, enlightening posts. Where have you been?
I havent seen you here for long time.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:57 pm
Zippo wrote:
Very funny post Asherman, great diversion.

Not funny, and only a diversion from your point of view, which I have usually found to be skewed.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:58 pm
I've been around. Keeping busy. I've been writing short stories and painting a whole lot over the past few months.

If I could make my posts shorter without loss of clarity, I would. Even with length, there are many who seem not to "get" my meaning. That's all right, I certainly fail to understand those who believe the worst about our country, who seem fixated on conspiracy theories, or who believe all Republicans are .... fit in whatever stereotypes float your boat ...

I occasionally find some humor in your posts, but see little to be gained from responding to them. Frankly, I doubt that you believe even a portion of the nonsense you claim so revelatory. Your prejudices seem far too extreme to be anything else but humor.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:30 pm
Humour is the absence of Terror( not available beyond the Green zone of Sadam's oil rich country)
And
Terror is the absence of Humour( seldom a product of export from Sadam's befellow country USA)
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
Okay, lets keep the 'conspiracy theories' aside for a while.

@ Mr Tico and Asherman,

Do you both think that Mr Bush and his neocon buddies Iraq war was worth it? In other words, knowing what you know now, would you guys still support Invading Iraq? At the cost of:

1) 4,000 U.S soldiers lives
2) Thousands of lives of our allied fighters (UK, Europe...)
3) Hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and millions displaced
4) Billions of U.S dollars wasted
5) Possibility of U.S recession
6) World wide anti-Americanism
7) The down fall of the Republican party.
8) World wide distrust of U.S government
9) World wide anti-semitism (Folks think Iraq war is for Israel)
10) Nuclearisation of middle east (Iranians hoping not to be Iraqed)
11) Massive increase of terrorism since Iraq invasion.
12) Finally, making 1.5 billion (Muslims) enemies for at least 200 years.

Go on smart guys...try to convince me of why it was all worth it. Mad
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:47 pm
Zippo
please always remember this.
If you make people think that they are thinking, they will love you.
But
If you really make them to think they wll hate you
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:19 pm
Ramafuchs, usually it's the truth that makes people hate. Tell 'em some bullsh!t lies and they'll be happy as long as they think it's "good" news.

Majority of American folks think we're "winning" the wars because our government (through their controlled media) are telling 'em bull...
Anything to keep 'em happy.
0 Replies

Asherman

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 03:11 pm
Was it worth it, you aske?

1) 4,000 U.S soldiers lives To bring security to that troubled region, liberty to the Iraqi People from a brutal dictatorship, and to defeat the Radical Islamic Movement, the cost in U.S. military casualties could be 10,000 and still be worth while. No one is pleased with even a single casualty, but wars aren't bloodless affairs conducted over a cup of Starbucks. Were the dead at Shiloh or Gettysberg worth it? Were the casualties suffered on "D" Day worth it? How about the marines who died at the Chosin Reservoir? One always hopes to constrain the cost blood cost of violent conflict, but bloodless victories are exceedingly rare. So the short answer is: Yes.

2) Thousands of lives of our allied fighters (UK, Europe...) The same answer to this item as above. So the short answer is: Yes.

3) Hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and millions displaced Again the same answer as above. How much blood is liberty and freedom from despotic rule worth? Do you believe we should not have fought the War for Independence because women and children were burned alive in churches with the doors nailed shut? So the short answer is: Yes.

4) Billions of U.S dollars wasted Well I don't agree that the money spent in fighting Radical Islamic Terrorism wasted. Our military has killed and tied down countless fanatics who would otherwise be free to plot further terrorism in Europe and the United States. In a war of attrition, never a pretty or easy contest, we are winning. So the short answer is: Yes.

5) Possibility of U.S recession Whatever state the American ecomomy is in, it isn't because of our military spending to prosecute a war we didn't start. The real estate crash is a result of easy credit and questionable loans given to people who weren't good credit risks to begin with. This item is so irrelevant to our Iraqi involvement that no answer is possible without in some small measure legitimizing nonsense.

6) World wide anti-Americanism Those folks around the world who don't like us today, didn't like us before 9/11 either. Some whose friendship and support we might have expected, found it more profitable to stand back and let Uncle Sam carry the burden ... again. The radical left around the world has never been the friend of the United States where competition and individualism trumps the idealized social good. Much of the Islamic population of Southern Asia have long been disaffected by the infidels of the West, and their efforts to destroy Israel have time and again been defeated leaving them only terrorism and murder as an option. So the short answer is: Yes.

7) The down fall of the Republican party. What? At this moment, the future of the GOP is bright. The Democrats led by their radical left wing seem determined to run another suicidal Presidential campaign. Before the end of summer they will be lucky not to have spawned a split-away third party made up of disgruntled Democrats whose personal favorite didn't get the nod. Sen. Obama, an inexperienced young man in a hurry with strong ties to the a racially bigoted church, may get the nomination but his chances in the general election aren't very good. Sen. Clinton may get the nomination, but only at the cost of losing the Obama True Believers, and she's no prize in the first place. What we are seeing, I believe is a shift toward the center of the Republican Party from its more extreme wing. The Democrats seem determined to run against Bush, and the least influential branches of the GOP. I really doubt that the U.S. involvement in Iraq will have more than a minor effect on the future of the Republican Party.

8) World wide distrust of U.S government How is this different from your item 6, above. Seems redundant to me, and my answer here is the same as above in item 6.

9) World wide anti-antisemitism (Folks think Iraq war is for Israel) That's a bold assertion, though it certainly does seem like the sort of propaganda that the Radical Islamic Movement and Iran are so fond of making. I'm also sure that the assertion would find some resonance among the under-educated and embittered portions of the population in Southern Asia. It isn't true, but then propaganda doesn't have to be "true" to be effective, does it? This is irrelevant to whether I believe our involvement in the region is worth it. So the short answer is: Yes.

10) Nuclearisation of middle east (Iranians hoping not to be Iraqed) Our problems with Iran far predate our involvement in either Gulf War. U.S. support of the Shaw of Iran as a client during the Cold War was expedient, but in the long run turned out to be a bad idea. Iran in overthrowing the Shaw, declared unending war against the United States. They invaded out embassy, killed members of our diplomatic mission and held the rest hostage for most of Jimmy Carter's administration. Faced with a tougher Republican President, they released the hostages ASAP. Iran has threatened the shipping in the Hormuz Straights repeatedly, and is doing so today. Iran didn't just start urging genocidal war against Israel in reaction to American involvement in Iraq, they've been doing that since Carter's administration. They've been shopping for nuclear weapons on the world's black markets almost from the beginning, and only began their native nuclear program when they were unsuccessful. So the short answer is that Iran's threatening posture is irrelevant, and their support for the "insurgency" is just a by-product of the venom they already had in abundent supply.

11) Massive increase of terrorism since Iraq invasion. Really? How many terrorist attacks inside CONUS since 2001? I keep a reasonably close eye on reported terrorist incidents around the world, and I don't see a great increase in activity. The number of attacks within Iraq and Afghanistan go up and down as the RIM and their associates seek to achieve by murder what they can not achieve in open battle. So, though I think you are mistaken, the answer is ... Yes, I still believe that our involvement was both necessary and has been by-and-large effective.

How do you come up with these things Zippo? Most of us have trouble predicting what our children will be thinking/feeling a year from now, but you seem so confident that 200 years from now there will be 1.5 million Muslims who are mortal enemies of the United States because we freed Iraq from Saddam? Not all Muslims are radicals who would like to force their religion on the rest of the world and return us to the 7th or 8th century. If there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world today, not more than a billion of them live in Southern Asia... possibly even less. Of that billion, only a fraction are strong supporters of Radical Islam. That comes, maybe to a million people in all. Of those only a fraction will take up arms, and that number is probably be less than a 100,000. Reasonably, we can estimate that the enemy has between 10,000 and 100,000 individuals in the whole of Southern Asia who are actively involved in "fighting" the infidel. They have made this a war of attrition, and they are losing badly so long as the U.S. government doesn't surrender because ...

IT ISN'T WORTH IT.

So the short answer is: Yes, it is worth it.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:16 pm
Iraq is a dirty job, but someone had to do it. The United States inherited the position of "biggest kid on the block," so the United States had to do it. What makes the United States so morally superior, is there are plenty of people within the United States that understand what a dirty job it is, yet are willing to do it, rather than see western civilization spiral downward in the future.

It was not done to protect Israel, but Europe, ten to fifteen years down the road.

And, in my own opinion, it's not the demise of Israel that radical Islam wants most, but the appropriation of Europe as Islamic land.

One thing in our favor is that Persians and Arabs don't get along.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:35 pm
I wish to say this.
USA's future president's first word should be Sorry.
Otherwise changing the jackey will not make the horse a mighty winner
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 05:53 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I wish to say this.
USA's future president's first word should be Sorry.
Otherwise changing the jackey will not make the horse a mighty winner

Are you posting thoughts or writing a new type of haiku?

At least etiquette would dictate that you post in response to someone's post. What you do is tantamount to monopolizing your own thread with extraneous thoughts? Why don't you respond to my post above? Otherwise, I just perceive your post as some sort of smokescreen for other posts.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:00 pm
My above answer is my frontal attack against the barbaric war.

Should I type an essay to expose the banality?
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:25 pm
Zippo wrote:

You yourself said: "World wide anti-semitism (Folks think Iraq war is for Israel)"

Doesn't that make it worth it for you?

Be honest.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:22 am
Hi Asherman, thank you for the comments.

Asherman wrote:
Was it worth it, you aske?

1) 4,000 U.S soldiers lives To bring security to that troubled region, liberty to the Iraqi People from a brutal dictatorship, and to defeat the Radical Islamic Movement, the cost in U.S. military casualties could be 10,000 and still be worth while. No one is pleased with even a single casualty, but wars aren't bloodless affairs conducted over a cup of Starbucks. Were the dead at Shiloh or Gettysberg worth it? Were the casualties suffered on "D" Day worth it? How about the marines who died at the Chosin Reservoir? One always hopes to constrain the cost blood cost of violent conflict, but bloodless victories are exceedingly rare. So the short answer is: Yes.

Why do we need to bring "security" to Iraq? Iraq has been unstable for the last 50 or more years, we did not care about them then. Saddam was our buddy doing our dirty work (using chemical weapons which we supplied against Iran). Furthermore, Saddam was not the only brutal "dictator" in the world (Pakistan, NKorea, Zimbabwe, China, Myanmar, Russia..). Why have we not invaded other countries to keep consistent? Lastly, Islamic Radical groups were not present (in full force) in Iraq before our Invasion. Infact we have created more terrorists by invading Iraq. The Radical insurgents whome we are fighting were created by us.

Quote:
2) Thousands of lives of our allied fighters (UK, Europe...) The same answer to this item as above. So the short answer is: Yes.

They do not seem to be too happy dying in vain. "Washington - President Bush's "coalition of the willing," long seen by much of the world as a shell for a largely U.S. operation in Iraq, is quickly becoming a coalition of the unwilling" - Now what does that mean? Possibly that the Iraq was is not worth it?

Quote:
3) Hundreds of thousands of dead Iraqis and millions displaced Again the same answer as above. How much blood is liberty and freedom from despotic rule worth? Do you believe we should not have fought the War for Independence because women and children were burned alive in churches with the doors nailed shut? So the short answer is: Yes.

False. The Iraqi people say they were better under Saddam.

Quote:
4) Billions of U.S dollars wasted Well I don't agree that the money spent in fighting Radical Islamic Terrorism wasted. Our military has killed and tied down countless fanatics who would otherwise be free to plot further terrorism in Europe and the United States. In a war of attrition, never a pretty or easy contest, we are winning. So the short answer is: Yes.

We have created a thousand times more terrorists then we have killed. Historians are already writing books which claim Iraq as Americas worst mistake in it's history. They've even predicted a complete and humiliating defeat. Just like Vietnam. The money the Bush has spent is as good as burned.

Quote:
5) Possibility of U.S recession Whatever state the American ecomomy is in, it isn't because of our military spending to prosecute a war we didn't start. The real estate crash is a result of easy credit and questionable loans given to people who weren't good credit risks to begin with. This item is so irrelevant to our Iraqi involvement that no answer is possible without in some small measure legitimizing nonsense.

Wrong! 'Iraq war is the reason for US recession' says Nobel Laureate

Quote:
6) World wide anti-Americanism Those folks around the world who don't like us today, didn't like us before 9/11 either. Some whose friendship and support we might have expected, found it more profitable to stand back and let Uncle Sam carry the burden ... again. The radical left around the world has never been the friend of the United States where competition and individualism trumps the idealized social good. Much of the Islamic population of Southern Asia have long been disaffected by the infidels of the West, and their efforts to destroy Israel have time and again been defeated leaving them only terrorism and murder as an option. So the short answer is: Yes.

It's not only the Islamic countries who hate America, you're using a strawman argument. Click HERE. Anti-Americanism has increased by 10 fold since the war began.

Quote:
7) The down fall of the Republican party. What? At this moment, the future of the GOP is bright. The Democrats led by their radical left wing seem determined to run another suicidal Presidential campaign. Before the end of summer they will be lucky not to have spawned a split-away third party made up of disgruntled Democrats whose personal favorite didn't get the nod. Sen. Obama, an inexperienced young man in a hurry with strong ties to the a racially bigoted church, may get the nomination but his chances in the general election aren't very good. Sen. Clinton may get the nomination, but only at the cost of losing the Obama True Believers, and she's no prize in the first place. What we are seeing, I believe is a shift toward the center of the Republican Party from its more extreme wing. The Democrats seem determined to run against Bush, and the least influential branches of the GOP. I really doubt that the U.S. involvement in Iraq will have more than a minor effect on the future of the Republican Party.

Okay, I'll give you that one.

Quote:
8) World wide distrust of U.S government How is this different from your item 6, above. Seems redundant to me, and my answer here is the same as above in item 6.

Distrust of our "intelligence" (Saddams wmd's) :wink: No country in the world will ever trust U.S "intelligence" ever again. Bush and his neocon gang had lied to the world about Iraqs "WMD's".

Quote:
9) World wide anti-antisemitism (Folks think Iraq war is for Israel) That's a bold assertion, though it certainly does seem like the sort of propaganda that the Radical Islamic Movement and Iran are so fond of making. I'm also sure that the assertion would find some resonance among the under-educated and embittered portions of the population in Southern Asia. It isn't true, but then propaganda doesn't have to be "true" to be effective, does it? This is irrelevant to whether I believe our involvement in the region is worth it. So the short answer is: Yes.

You keep shifting the blame on Radical Islamists, when it is clearly most Americans/Europeans who claim Iraq was war for Israel.

Quote:
10) Nuclearisation of middle east (Iranians hoping not to be Iraqed) Our problems with Iran far predate our involvement in either Gulf War. U.S. support of the Shaw of Iran as a client during the Cold War was expedient, but in the long run turned out to be a bad idea. Iran in overthrowing the Shaw, declared unending war against the United States. They invaded out embassy, killed members of our diplomatic mission and held the rest hostage for most of Jimmy Carter's administration. Faced with a tougher Republican President, they released the hostages ASAP. Iran has threatened the shipping in the Hormuz Straights repeatedly, and is doing so today. Iran didn't just start urging genocidal war against Israel in reaction to American involvement in Iraq, they've been doing that since Carter's administration. They've been shopping for nuclear weapons on the world's black markets almost from the beginning, and only began their native nuclear program when they were unsuccessful. So the short answer is that Iran's threatening posture is irrelevant, and their support for the "insurgency" is just a by-product of the venom they already had in abundent supply.

It not only Iran who are developing nuclear weapons. Most Middle Eastern countries are thinking about doing the same. - Concern over Middle East nuclear plans - Six Arab states join rush to go nuclear

Quote:
11) Massive increase of terrorism since Iraq invasion. Really? How many terrorist attacks inside CONUS since 2001? I keep a reasonably close eye on reported terrorist incidents around the world, and I don't see a great increase in activity. The number of attacks within Iraq and Afghanistan go up and down as the RIM and their associates seek to achieve by murder what they can not achieve in open battle. So, though I think you are mistaken, the answer is ... Yes, I still believe that our involvement was both necessary and has been by-and-large effective.

Wrong

Quote:
How do you come up with these things Zippo? Most of us have trouble predicting what our children will be thinking/feeling a year from now, but you seem so confident that 200 years from now there will be 1.5 million Muslims who are mortal enemies of the United States because we freed Iraq from Saddam? Not all Muslims are radicals who would like to force their religion on the rest of the world and return us to the 7th or 8th century. If there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world today, not more than a billion of them live in Southern Asia... possibly even less. Of that billion, only a fraction are strong supporters of Radical Islam. That comes, maybe to a million people in all. Of those only a fraction will take up arms, and that number is probably be less than a 100,000. Reasonably, we can estimate that the enemy has between 10,000 and 100,000 individuals in the whole of Southern Asia who are actively involved in "fighting" the infidel. They have made this a war of attrition, and they are losing badly so long as the U.S. government doesn't surrender because ...

Once again you 'reunderestimating your enemy. Just like Bush had done with Iraq and Afghanistan. Click the links below:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Quote:

IT ISN'T WORTH IT.

So the short answer is: Yes, it is worth it.

Laughing Of course it's worth it ... If you hate your country and love Israel.
0 Replies

Zippo

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 10:26 am
Ticomaya wrote:
Zippo wrote:

You yourself said: "World wide anti-semitism (Folks think Iraq war is for Israel)"

Doesn't that make it worth it for you?

Be honest.

Nope I am truely concerned about anti-semitism. Therefore you've just been proved wrong about my hatred for Jews. Very Happy

Told ya!
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 14 Apr, 2008 11:00 am
Look on a world map. Iraq is in a very strategic position for many of the world's potential conflicts, totally aside from the Israeli/Palestinian Anger Management Seminars.

Part of its strategic importance is based on the inability of different Arab groups to exist without squabbling. Remember how Gamal Abdul Nassar's Pan Arab movement fell apart.

In fact, in my own opinion, if Israel did not exist, or if the United States was not in the Middle East, there would then be no reasons that would keep all the contentious political entities and aspiring political entities from devolving the Middle East into bedlam.

The reality is, for those who are not aware, this smallish planet has a finite amount of land. And, fighting over this finite amount of land has been a past time for some over the ages. But in a nuclear age, a superpower cannot ignore this tendency, and do the dirty job of preventing a future devolvement into bedlam.
0 Replies